April 17, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehls - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by carelovespink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I live in Canada, so the harsh Canadian winter does a number on my hands. I use this cream and it softens them right up. it is a tad expensive, but I find that you don't need too much or else your hands will be too slippery. Overall, fantastic for hands, dry or not!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Sceptic

It's pricey but worth it. My hands used to get really bad to a point where it used to slightly bleed and scab over but after using this creme for a day helped my hand dramatically just in a day. It does have that medical scent to it but it doesn't last very long. I also used it on my feet as it started to crack and it helps that as well. The packaging is really tough as well.

Although it is expensive, you only need to apply small amount and it lasts through at least 2 washes. I found that I could wash my hands up to 5 times and not have to reapply.

Must have product for winter. This handcream is a huge blessing for hand that really gets a beating.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice hand cream, but I wasn't too impressed by it. However, my skin is not too dry, I don't garden, and don't work in health services etc. I have a cushy desk job, so my hands aren't being damaged by being overworked.

I find this cream too thick and makes my hands feel sticky. The eucalyptus "cooling" effect is nice, but very temporary, and seldom do I need to soothe my hands this way.

In general, I find that all the Kiehl's products I've tried are way too overpriced for chemical-based cosmetics, and don't deliver the astounding results I would associate with the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by JanM

I really like this handcream and dare I say it is HG for me.

I struggle with my hands. I work in a hospital and need to wash my hands frequently, and use the alco-gel frequently, all of which is extremely drying. In the winter all of this plus the weather leads to cracks around the cuticles, hang nails and general uncomfortableness.

In the summer the discomfort is marginally less.

I am a handcream tart and have tried many with limited success, as I find that they just don't seem to be effective and need constant reapplying which frankly I forget to do, or they leave an awful greasy residue, or no residue at all so that my hands feel as if all the moisture has been sucked out, or the smell is pungent and lingering.

This hand cream is utilitarian - a tube with a flip lid. It is a good thickness but with spreadiblility, a slightly medicinal smell, it sinks in enough to prevent the greasiness, but not enough to make the need to reapply a priority. This really is the only hand cream I have tried that has worked.

As another reviewer said it seems to put an invisible glove over the hands and fingers. In UK it is 18.50 for 150mls.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by beachmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best hand cream that I have ever used. My hands used to crack so painfully during the winter but I haven't had that problem since I started using this cream. I love that it is fragrance free so it's safe for sensitive skin, but it still smells nice.

My only complaint is that it is hard to get the cream out of the tube when the contents gets low.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite hand cream for the winter season because it really helps to prevent skin from chapping, and heals skin that already has. I love that it's more waxy than greasy, yet doesn't make my hands feel like they're coated with product. Slightly cooling effect on application as well as a medicinal scent from the eucalyptus leaf oil, but it's fleeting. I like to buy multiple travel sized tubes of this and stash them all over the house/in the car/in my purse...as well as buying in bulk for the holidays for stocking stuffers. I haven't given this to anyone yet who hasn't loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by baxy8

I just received this product as a gift and I have already abandonded my previous go-to hand cream. This hand salve is strong, not greasy, has a wonderful, light scent and best of all....it works incredibly well!
With other hand creams, I often feel like I have to reapply every hour, or immerdiately after I wash
my hands, but this product leaves my hands soft nearly all day! I don't have a Kiehl's store in town to buy more at, but I will definitely be buying this online soon and recommending it to everyone I know!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg this is sooooo good! It's deeply moisturizing and it absorbs quickly. It is thicker than lotions, but thats not a problem since it absorbs so nicely. Makes your hands feel soft, smooth and hydrated. It really does created a moisturizing glove-like effect as the moisture just locks in and it doesn't feel heavy at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE! Almost immediately you will notice your hands looking softer and smoother. It's a thicker formula but not too thick. It's a little sticky initially but that quickly goes away. The scent is kind of eh, but for a cream this good I'm willing to let that slide.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by VVV

Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is an exceptional product that has everything I'm looking for in a hand salve: deeply moisturizing, provides protection, absorbs quickly, and doesn't feel greasy. It's easy to use because it absorbs so quickly and leaves no greasy feeling - I can just wash my hands, apply, and go! :) My skin is dry/sensitive and I wash my hands fairly constantly (7 to 10x/day) so I need a great hand salve that I can use frequently. Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve forms an undetectable glove-like barrier between my hands and the elements. My hands have stayed so soft and avoided the usual redness/dryness/chapping/cracking that used to happen every winter.

My SO also loves this product. Last winter his knuckles became painfully chapped and red so I bought him a tube of Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. He's overly fussy about applying any product to his skin that "feels greasy" so I knew this hand salve would be great for him (and he'd actually use it!). Within a week of daily application his red chapped knuckles had all but healed - I was so impressed! It's not easy getting this boy to moisturize but he loves this product. It keeps his hands soft and protected.

Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve comes in a white tube with a convenient flip-top cap and is available in two sizes, 2.5 or 5.0 fl oz. Will definitely continue to repurchase. Highly recommended! This stuff is great! :D

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-75 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Oil, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Eucalyptus Globulus/Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No