November 26, 2014 | 1067 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by theravenwine

This stuff WORKS.

I've been having some trouble with acne spots in the recent years and I hate putting concealer/makeup on when I know it will do nothing to help those trouble spots, in fact it will probably make it worse. Then I came across this wonderful product.

I usually apply toner, moisturizer, pimple cream on acne spots, then this concealer on those spots. Then foundation, etc etc. I find that this way works the best. I already got a second tube even though I'm not done on my first. I know this will be a keeper. Oh the wonder of drugstore makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Jessicat114

I really loved the consistency of it and how it blends well.
However, it oxidizes throughout the day and it turns into an orangish color.
The oxidation is clearly visible.
Other than that, it is a decent product.
I mainly use it to cover up my acne scars and some blemishes.
I use my fingertips to pat it in place or blend them out but sometimes I have to reapply it after blending because the product transfers a bit.
Its a good heavy coverage, doesn't look as cakey on my skin, and its highly blendable.
I have repurchased it once but I think I'm going to try the higher end concealers to test the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great product. Very creamy. Didn't make me break out. Would highly recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by abcdefghijkayz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim one day after losing my entire makeup case at a concert and was pleasantly surprised. I accidentally bought the color Medium-Light even though Light would have been better suited for my skin tone but it's easily blendable and worked well enough for me to use until I had the chance to exchange it. It can look a bit cakey if you apply too much but that's a given for any product. This concealer covers up my acne scars and dark under-eyes well enough. The most important thing is that it doesn't make me break out like other products I've used in the past have! I always moisturize before using this because if I don't, it can make the dry patches on my face look flakey but after hours, this product is still (for the most part) intact on my oily t-zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by pao256

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just recently bought this concealer and am so pleased with it that I am already writing a review. I consider myself kind of a snob when it comes to drugstore foundation and concealer, because I am frightened to have a bad reaction. Anyhow, my current concealer ran out and I needed one bad, because my skin is looking terrible due to hormones. I have very oily skin and usually have to re-touch at least once throughout my day.

Now that you know my skin type let's move on to the almay concealer. Overall, I think it is a great product. I actually see this replacing my current HG concealer.

Pros:
Great coverage- I have huge purple acne scars, and it almost covered them. I want to say it worked better then my Dermablend concealer, to be just let's say the same.

It blended very easily, I tap some off in the palm of my hand and then apply to my face with my fingers.

Lasting power is great- I would have to say this is one of the things I liked the most, it stayed on all day!!:) Yei

Color Match was right on and my skin looked natural. Applies smoothly, not blotchy at all. I see a problem for darker skinned girls; ss there is only three shades to choose from light, light-medium, and medium. I also haven't noticed any oxidation :)))

Cross my fingers; I have not yet had a reaction to it, have been wearing for a few days; usually acne tends to flare up in a matter of hours or next day.

Price: I got it for eight dollars at my Walgreens

I recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by beckySC

I have been using this product for about three years now, and it is the absolute BEST drugstore concealer. It covers pimples easily with just a small amount of product and if you dab it in right, it doesnt look cakey and takes away redness. It doesnt break me out at all so I don't really care if I'm using an 'unsanitary' applicator because I blend it in with clean fingers anyway.
5 STARS!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love it!! this is a great concealer. It covers blemishes up very well and certain pimples that are just baaaad that i get here and there. I like covering up bags under my eyes with this believe it or not!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by discoverylp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall thought: This product is great for those with cool-toned skin. It even works for acne-prone skin. I have hyper-pigmentation and active blemishes. Remember, it is important to use a moisturizer before application,

Tip for keeping it sanitary: Wipe the wand/make-up on the back of your sanitized hand and use an alternative brush to apply the concealer. You do not want to touch the want to your face and then put it back in the tube. That will spread bacteria much easier and faster.

How I use for full-coverage:
1. I put about 3 swipes on the back of my hand. I use a foundation, flat brush to apply in even, dabbing motion on moisturized face. Repeat until fully covered. Wait until the concealer is dry if you want to apply another layer to the same part of the face.
2. Use a stippling motion to apply powder to set the concealer.

It's easy as that!

----
EDIT: I realized that this product was really doing more damage than good over time. It really stuck hardcore to my face, which is good for some, but I felt as though it was really counterproductive in the end. The amount of scrubbing I had to do to get the product off my face caused far more irritation than I would ever wish. Plus, that caused more skin issues for me. I think I'll stay away from this concealer now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I was wanting to try the foundations with SA, but I didn't want the chemical everywhere. Focusing the medication and coverage where I need it most is what I needed, and this concealer does the job. I wish it were in a squeeze packaging instead, but other than that, I like this for my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by jiegao8

Works well as a concealer and at the same time does not worsen my acne. What more can you ask for? Remember to use moisturize before using as it may dry out your skin a bit. I have combination skin that is prone to breakout around the T zone area. After moisturizer I just dab it on all the pimples and then use a concealer brush to blend them evenly, or just dab lightly with my finger, then put on the rest of my makeup. On days I don't feel like putting on too much makeup, I just use this concealer followed by a light layer of powder to even out the skin tone then I'm good to go. In terms of the blemish healing aspect, I can't guarantee that it heals blemishes completely but it does seem to dry up my pimples and thus make them seem less red and swollen. Overall a great product for the price and a must try!