October 25, 2014 | 1147 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm extremely pale and I have pinkish/reddish undertones, so it's tricky to find a foundation that doesn't look orange on me. This stuff matches perfectly. I'm not much of a foundation person, but I think the coverage on this is pretty good. It dries really fast so I apply with a sponge. If I'm going somewhere "fancy" then I usually use this as foundation, but it makes a great tinted moisturizer, and that's my favorite way to wear it: usually about 50/50 with whatever moisturizer I have. It evens everything out and looks dewy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by VampyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for about 8 years or so..I love it. I agree with a user below me that stated it smells kinda weird lol. I have always thought that! Anyways, it lasts long, looks smooth & even, holds very well, and has never broke me out. I used to have a hard time finding a foundation that matched my ivory skin but this works perfect. I really cant stress enough how awesome this stuff stays on throughout the day! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent foundation, the coverage is great, there is a wide variety of shades to choose from, there are two different formulas available, and overall i think it is probably one of the best drugstore foundations there is ! the only bad thing I would say is that it smells a little weird, and I wish it had a pump, but other than that, it's fantastic ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by laceybug2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTLY love this foundation!! the best ever! i have large areas of acne that i need to cover (stupid oily teenage skin lol) and this works perfectly! just like every one else, i do wish the bottle had a pump but i just pour some into the lid and dip my brush in and just screw it back on and tada! none wasted! i set with my n.y.c. translucant powder and it stays on for most of the day, and even in oily/combination it does come off on my nose over time please understand that i have EXTREMELY oily skin and it would be impossible for that to not happen lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I bought this foundation for the first time a couple of months ago. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my usual foundation and had heard many good things about this make-up. I bought the dry-skin version of it in Ivory. I was impressed by the range of colours from very pale to very dark. Ivory matched my skin tone perfectly and it is a rarity to find something that doean't look too dark on me.

It gives excellent coverage, however I find it a little too full. I like to see a little skin under my make-up, however I can understand that is you did have major blemishes to cover up, this would be an excellent product. It gives a lovely finish, with skin tone balanced out and blemishes well hidden. I had a couple of spots and this make-ip covered them perfectly.

I like the fact that this make-up contains an SPF and it stayed on really well throughout the day. I tried the colour stay powder but I think it broke me out in spots - this happens quite a lot when I use the wrong powder!

It is quite heavy, so I think I would switch to something lighter for the Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by HollyJ7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After spending many hours watching reviews on youtube of this foundation, i decided i needed to try it.
I originally bought the foundation in 'normal/dry' as i my skin is leaning more to the dry side. I didn't really like this foundation too much then, so i decided to give the 'combination/oily' a go. I believe that i didn't like the normal/dry formula because it left too much of a 'glow' and just didn't seem to dry. But once I had tried the combination/oily, i think i fell in love!
I understand when people say they don't like it because there is no pump, it has a strange smell, not enough colour shades and dries to quickly but, in my opinion, i would rather have a foundation that i love and have the minor hassle of pouring a bit out that settling for one that is just ok. I think the smell is kind of a individual thing, i quite like the smell of it, but others might not. Also, as a really pale person, i know the hassle of finding a decent foundation which is light enough and doesn't have any orange/yellow undertones. I use Ivory and still it is slightly dark, but not too dark for me that i have to worry about it looking odd. And finally, I don't find that it dries too quickly! Who actually spends a long time doing their foundation? If anything, it probably urges me to get a move on a bit haha.

I've previously tried the mac studio fix fluid and although the coverage of that probably beats the colorstay, i don't mind because i can just as easily use a tiny bit more foundation and save myself ££ hahah.

I personally love this foundation! It is actually my HG, i would recommend this to anyone!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by fhayes09

This stuff does stay on pretty well but it breaks me out. Even the oil free formula... Also the packaging stinks because its just from a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by DramaticMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After my horrible experience with Almay Smart Shade foundation, I decided to go with the Revlon ColorStay instead and I love it. There IS hope for drugstore foundations! This has to be the best full coverage drugstore foundation I have ever tried. And I am excited to say that I was actually able to match my skin tone almost perfectly. Since I am anemic and have very pale skin it's pretty much impossible to be able to get drugstore foundation that matches my skin tone. I use the shade "Ivory" and it hides all my blemishes very well and it does not get cakey and disgusting like some foundations. And they have a wide variety of shades for the lightest and darkest of skin tones. There's something in this foundation for everyone. And for the price and quality I am going to replace my MAC foundation with this. Works just as well, and for half the price. Sorry MAC. :( I recommend this foundation to everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by elliemae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation, because I saw so many rave reviews for it. I liked it the first day I used it, but then it started breaking my face out and it left a very unnatural, cakey finish. It also absorbs into the skin quickly, so you have to work fast when applying. The packaging is ok, but it's difficult to get the foundation out without making a mess. A pump would be nice. I definitely would not buy this again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation about 2 weeks ago from my local walmart. At first I bought it in normal to dry skin in ivory. I applied it the first time using my fingers. It dries fast so you need to work fast. It has a good coverage and isn't cakey but it's all in how you apply this makeup. I had to go to work the day that I used this makeup and my skin started to get a little oily in the middle of the day but the foundation didn't budge one bit. It looked the way it did when I put it on in the morning until I took it off at night. Since my face got oily in the middle of the day I did some research and found out that they also have the same foundation in combination/oily skin as well. So I went back and got that one and applied it the same way. I love this foundation! It keeps my oily skin under control and has an amazing coverage. I am seeing that people say that it makes them have a pink tinge to their face but I have pink undertones and it is hard for me to find a good foundation that isn't yellow. There is a color higher that isn't barely any darker but has yellow undertones so if the pink undertone one doesn't work for you then try the next one up from light. All I can say is I love this foundation as I have tried higher end brands and this blows them out of the water for a fraction of the price. I believe I got this product for about 11 bucks but I have seen it from 10-13 bucks in different places. I am in the process of trying different ways to apply this foundation as well. I am now trying the stippling method which seems to work nicely. This week I am picking up a beauty blender to see how that works as well. I also want to add that you are going to want to use a good makeup remover at the end of the day and do a good skin care routine because if you don't you will wake up and still have this foundation on your skin thats how well it stays. This in my opinion compares to Makeup forevers foundation.
Thanks for reading as I hope this helps you in you purchase.
Ashley