Revlon ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

3.9

Normal/Dry Formula: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.4%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4, Isostearate, HDI/Trimethol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Nylon 12, Phenyltrimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Isododecane, Boron Nitride, Methicone, Laureth 7, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Tocopherol Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ethylene Brassylate, Tribehenin, Bisabolol, Silica, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

on 5/23/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this after trying the PhotoReady line. I have to say the coverage is great and Ivory works okay for me. It wears like iron, but does feel particularly masky to me. I wish it had a pump. If you have a lot to cover, I'd recommend this foundation. If you want lighter coverage, go for the PhotoReady. Colorstay can have a tendency to look cakey if it's not applied correctly. Overall, if I was in a pinch and needed to, I would repurchase, but it's not HG material for me. I may try mixing colorstay with photoready and see if I like that better. I use the oily skin version of Colorstay. I always use a primer underneath too.
EDIT: will not repurchase as I have found my HG foundation: Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid SPF 42.

on 4/29/2010 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

wish this had a pump!!!

on 4/24/2010 5:33:00 PM

I'm extremely pale and I have pinkish/reddish undertones, so it's tricky to find a foundation that doesn't look orange on me. This stuff matches perfectly. I'm not much of a foundation person, but I think the coverage on this is pretty good. It dries really fast so I apply with a sponge. If I'm going somewhere "fancy" then I usually use this as foundation, but it makes a great tinted moisturizer, and that's my favorite way to wear it: usually about 50/50 with whatever moisturizer I have. It evens everything out and looks dewy.

on 3/20/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for about 8 years or so..I love it. I agree with a user below me that stated it smells kinda weird lol. I have always thought that! Anyways, it lasts long, looks smooth & even, holds very well, and has never broke me out. I used to have a hard time finding a foundation that matched my ivory skin but this works perfect. I really cant stress enough how awesome this stuff stays on throughout the day! :)

on 3/16/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an excellent foundation, the coverage is great, there is a wide variety of shades to choose from, there are two different formulas available, and overall i think it is probably one of the best drugstore foundations there is ! the only bad thing I would say is that it smells a little weird, and I wish it had a pump, but other than that, it's fantastic ! :)

on 3/11/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

ABSOLUTLY love this foundation!! the best ever! i have large areas of acne that i need to cover (stupid oily teenage skin lol) and this works perfectly! just like every one else, i do wish the bottle had a pump but i just pour some into the lid and dip my brush in and just screw it back on and tada! none wasted! i set with my n.y.c. translucant powder and it stays on for most of the day, and even in oily/combination it does come off on my nose over time please understand that i have EXTREMELY oily skin and it would be impossible for that to not happen lol

on 3/11/2010 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation for the first time a couple of months ago. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my usual foundation and had heard many good things about this make-up. I bought the dry-skin version of it in Ivory. I was impressed by the range of colours from very pale to very dark. Ivory matched my skin tone perfectly and it is a rarity to find something that doean't look too dark on me.

It gives excellent coverage, however I find it a little too full. I like to see a little skin under my make-up, however I can understand that is you did have major blemishes to cover up, this would be an excellent product. It gives a lovely finish, with skin tone balanced out and blemishes well hidden. I had a couple of spots and this make-ip covered them perfectly.

I like the fact that this make-up contains an SPF and it stayed on really well throughout the day. I tried the colour stay powder but I think it broke me out in spots - this happens quite a lot when I use the wrong powder!

It is quite heavy, so I think I would switch to something lighter for the Summer.

on 2/14/2010 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After spending many hours watching reviews on youtube of this foundation, i decided i needed to try it.
I originally bought the foundation in 'normal/dry' as i my skin is leaning more to the dry side. I didn't really like this foundation too much then, so i decided to give the 'combination/oily' a go. I believe that i didn't like the normal/dry formula because it left too much of a 'glow' and just didn't seem to dry. But once I had tried the combination/oily, i think i fell in love!
I understand when people say they don't like it because there is no pump, it has a strange smell, not enough colour shades and dries to quickly but, in my opinion, i would rather have a foundation that i love and have the minor hassle of pouring a bit out that settling for one that is just ok. I think the smell is kind of a individual thing, i quite like the smell of it, but others might not. Also, as a really pale person, i know the hassle of finding a decent foundation which is light enough and doesn't have any orange/yellow undertones. I use Ivory and still it is slightly dark, but not too dark for me that i have to worry about it looking odd. And finally, I don't find that it dries too quickly! Who actually spends a long time doing their foundation? If anything, it probably urges me to get a move on a bit haha.

I've previously tried the mac studio fix fluid and although the coverage of that probably beats the colorstay, i don't mind because i can just as easily use a tiny bit more foundation and save myself ££ hahah.

I personally love this foundation! It is actually my HG, i would recommend this to anyone!!

on 2/14/2010 12:56:00 PM

This stuff does stay on pretty well but it breaks me out. Even the oil free formula... Also the packaging stinks because its just from a bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After my horrible experience with Almay Smart Shade foundation, I decided to go with the Revlon ColorStay instead and I love it. There IS hope for drugstore foundations! This has to be the best full coverage drugstore foundation I have ever tried. And I am excited to say that I was actually able to match my skin tone almost perfectly. Since I am anemic and have very pale skin it's pretty much impossible to be able to get drugstore foundation that matches my skin tone. I use the shade "Ivory" and it hides all my blemishes very well and it does not get cakey and disgusting like some foundations. And they have a wide variety of shades for the lightest and darkest of skin tones. There's something in this foundation for everyone. And for the price and quality I am going to replace my MAC foundation with this. Works just as well, and for half the price. Sorry MAC. :( I recommend this foundation to everyone!