December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after trying the PhotoReady line. I have to say the coverage is great and Ivory works okay for me. It wears like iron, but does feel particularly masky to me. I wish it had a pump. If you have a lot to cover, I'd recommend this foundation. If you want lighter coverage, go for the PhotoReady. Colorstay can have a tendency to look cakey if it's not applied correctly. Overall, if I was in a pinch and needed to, I would repurchase, but it's not HG material for me. I may try mixing colorstay with photoready and see if I like that better. I use the oily skin version of Colorstay. I always use a primer underneath too.
EDIT: will not repurchase as I have found my HG foundation: Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid SPF 42.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

wish this had a pump!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm extremely pale and I have pinkish/reddish undertones, so it's tricky to find a foundation that doesn't look orange on me. This stuff matches perfectly. I'm not much of a foundation person, but I think the coverage on this is pretty good. It dries really fast so I apply with a sponge. If I'm going somewhere "fancy" then I usually use this as foundation, but it makes a great tinted moisturizer, and that's my favorite way to wear it: usually about 50/50 with whatever moisturizer I have. It evens everything out and looks dewy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by VampyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for about 8 years or so..I love it. I agree with a user below me that stated it smells kinda weird lol. I have always thought that! Anyways, it lasts long, looks smooth & even, holds very well, and has never broke me out. I used to have a hard time finding a foundation that matched my ivory skin but this works perfect. I really cant stress enough how awesome this stuff stays on throughout the day! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent foundation, the coverage is great, there is a wide variety of shades to choose from, there are two different formulas available, and overall i think it is probably one of the best drugstore foundations there is ! the only bad thing I would say is that it smells a little weird, and I wish it had a pump, but other than that, it's fantastic ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by laceybug2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTLY love this foundation!! the best ever! i have large areas of acne that i need to cover (stupid oily teenage skin lol) and this works perfectly! just like every one else, i do wish the bottle had a pump but i just pour some into the lid and dip my brush in and just screw it back on and tada! none wasted! i set with my n.y.c. translucant powder and it stays on for most of the day, and even in oily/combination it does come off on my nose over time please understand that i have EXTREMELY oily skin and it would be impossible for that to not happen lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I bought this foundation for the first time a couple of months ago. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my usual foundation and had heard many good things about this make-up. I bought the dry-skin version of it in Ivory. I was impressed by the range of colours from very pale to very dark. Ivory matched my skin tone perfectly and it is a rarity to find something that doean't look too dark on me.

It gives excellent coverage, however I find it a little too full. I like to see a little skin under my make-up, however I can understand that is you did have major blemishes to cover up, this would be an excellent product. It gives a lovely finish, with skin tone balanced out and blemishes well hidden. I had a couple of spots and this make-ip covered them perfectly.

I like the fact that this make-up contains an SPF and it stayed on really well throughout the day. I tried the colour stay powder but I think it broke me out in spots - this happens quite a lot when I use the wrong powder!

It is quite heavy, so I think I would switch to something lighter for the Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by HollyJ7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After spending many hours watching reviews on youtube of this foundation, i decided i needed to try it.
I originally bought the foundation in 'normal/dry' as i my skin is leaning more to the dry side. I didn't really like this foundation too much then, so i decided to give the 'combination/oily' a go. I believe that i didn't like the normal/dry formula because it left too much of a 'glow' and just didn't seem to dry. But once I had tried the combination/oily, i think i fell in love!
I understand when people say they don't like it because there is no pump, it has a strange smell, not enough colour shades and dries to quickly but, in my opinion, i would rather have a foundation that i love and have the minor hassle of pouring a bit out that settling for one that is just ok. I think the smell is kind of a individual thing, i quite like the smell of it, but others might not. Also, as a really pale person, i know the hassle of finding a decent foundation which is light enough and doesn't have any orange/yellow undertones. I use Ivory and still it is slightly dark, but not too dark for me that i have to worry about it looking odd. And finally, I don't find that it dries too quickly! Who actually spends a long time doing their foundation? If anything, it probably urges me to get a move on a bit haha.

I've previously tried the mac studio fix fluid and although the coverage of that probably beats the colorstay, i don't mind because i can just as easily use a tiny bit more foundation and save myself ££ hahah.

I personally love this foundation! It is actually my HG, i would recommend this to anyone!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by fhayes09

This stuff does stay on pretty well but it breaks me out. Even the oil free formula... Also the packaging stinks because its just from a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by DramaticMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After my horrible experience with Almay Smart Shade foundation, I decided to go with the Revlon ColorStay instead and I love it. There IS hope for drugstore foundations! This has to be the best full coverage drugstore foundation I have ever tried. And I am excited to say that I was actually able to match my skin tone almost perfectly. Since I am anemic and have very pale skin it's pretty much impossible to be able to get drugstore foundation that matches my skin tone. I use the shade "Ivory" and it hides all my blemishes very well and it does not get cakey and disgusting like some foundations. And they have a wide variety of shades for the lightest and darkest of skin tones. There's something in this foundation for everyone. And for the price and quality I am going to replace my MAC foundation with this. Works just as well, and for half the price. Sorry MAC. :( I recommend this foundation to everyone!