November 23, 2014 | 1018 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by feliurda

I'm a NC 30/40 (depends),bought the 003 shade.It's not bad, but it's not amazing,i'm kind of on the fence.The only downside is that when applied,doesn't come out properly,it's like it comes out from the sides raher than the point of it, if you know what i mean...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely concealer/highlighter! Thank you Dior, seriously! It smells nice, it's sheer but can still cover under eye circles well, also very blendable. I am reluctant to believe that I'll be able to find a cheaper substitute which is just as good, but I am on the lookout for one, If I find it, I'll let you guys know!! I use 002, but I am PALE!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find that the Skinflash works pretty well for me. I use it as a highlighter when I feel like perking up my look around the eyes, above my eyebrows, around my noise etc. I've tried YSL touch eclat and liked that as well, but I like the texture and staying power on this a bit more (the YSL tended to crease into fine lines on me, but for some reason this one doesn't). So if you aren't totally happy with your highlighter from YSL or Laura Mercier etc, try Dior's version, you may like it better!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by dr4animals

I was using YSL Touché Éclat and LOVED it. I thought I would try this one by Dior and boy, was I sorry. It does not even compare. Its watery and very white (I have 02) and it does NOTHING except make my undereyes look white and matte when I pile it on (which you have to...to make it do anything). Boooooooooooooo! Do yourself a favor and stay with YSL Touché Éclat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 8:59:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

Whoa! I actually finished up the entire tube. It either means that it has very little quantity or it's bloody good. I have to be frank that it's more of the former. As many reviewers have mentioned, yes the amount is measly compared to its other pen competitiors from YSL, Chanel, or even Lancome.

While i did get some good mileage from this product when it was still alive, i can't say its amazing or the best out there. What i do like about it is that it has a pretty soft texture and it very well adheres onto skin and is very smear resistant. Once you paint on, it won't come off easily. That's awesome.

What i do not like is that although it smells nice, sometimes the fragrance got a little overpowering and makes me sneeze (i have sinus!). Depending on how you use it, you shouldn't really expect it to fully cover your dark circles, if yours are very bad, like mine. This is more of a highlighter pen. If you overdose it on eyes, it will definitely seep into lines and cake up. It's going to look icky, accentuate those lines and make you look older.. Also, i prefer a highlighter that has a pearlised effect (like Estee Lauder's) as opposed to one that has alot of tiny shimmer (like this one) because it can get too unnatural and discoball-like.

Henceforth i conclude that this is a nice product, and there's no harm giving it a try, but don't expect wonders of the world. Also my advice is to give the other highlighter pens from other brands a try - they dont necesarily fare any worse than this or the YSL Touche Eclat. Let's see... Estee Lauder, Guerlain, Clarins, Chanel, Givenchy, and Lancome have very good pens as well. You won't know which you like best until you test them out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying THIS IS NOT A CONCEALER. Dior does not advertise it as one either. It is a highlighter. You can use it over your current concealer, or on its own, but it just highlights. I like to use it under my eyebrows, and over, to make them "pop". Under my eyes (on top of concealer) to chase dark circles away. On the bridge of my nose, etc. It's a dream! Expensive though!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by DeniseN

This product is so beautiful/elegant and I feel so fancy when I use it LOL... I have the 002 color. It is an undereye brightener for me. It has little to no coverage and I just use it from the inner corner of my eyes and I draw it around and up away from the outer corners of my eyes. I then pat it like it is an eye cream and I really feel it makes me look awakened in the morning when I have had little sleep. Would I buy it again? Sure why not...I just feel so important when I apply it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Someone forwarned me about this product, but I am forever curious. I order #002 for my NC 30-40, its meant for my undereye area although I don't have much darkness to cover.
A little dab on the back of my hand, OMG, its a whitish/pink colour, upon spreading, it looks ashy white, horrible.
I am glad this work out for some but definitely its not for me, its going back to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Keii23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To tell you the truth i had an arguement with the SA over this product. She kept trying to sell me the darkest one when i have very, very fair skin! However i did agree that the lightest shade 001 of this product did come off a little watery and didn't highlight/brighten my dark circles very well at all. However the third one 003 seemed thicker (I know this sounds mad considering there all ment to be the same formular) anyway i ended up buying the secound lightest shade 002. This product is NOT a concealer it's more of a hightlighter so i suggest using your concealer then putting a small amount of this to reflect the light and make your eyes appear brighter. If you use a small line down the centre of your nose it will reflect the light which makes you nose look smaller!

I LOVE the packaging and the little velvet pocket it comes in however is it really nessesary? I know it's dior and exspensive but it would be a lot more useful if the dropped the velvet case and put the price down lol!

Anyway all in all this is a very good product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

Love this product as it covers my dark circles well, and highlights it as well. Act as a great highlighter and brighten up my face instantly. A Must-Try from Dior!!!