October 2, 2014 | 1000 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by biancab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and this product works like a dream. It doesn't dry out my skin or leave it tight after using. I love the creamy texture and my skin feels very soft after using this product for a while.

I use this in conjunction with Johnson's facial wipes as I find the cleanser isn't enough to remove all my make up properly. But used together I'm left with clean and refreshed skin.

Also love the pump action bottle as it's easy to get just the right amount out.

Will continue buying this product - great value.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

Update: I have given this to bf, he loves this stuff, but he has no skin issues. While this hasn't hurt my skin, it hasn't helped at all. I needed more exfoliation, so have moved on to lactic, glycolic and retinaldehyde products from Avene.

....................................... I have very reactive skin, some due to hormones, some due to a weird immune thing I have as part of endometriosis. I react to foods, cosmetic additives and my own body. Joy! Anyhow, was using Alba Pineapple Enzyme Cleanser for ages, but my skin is changing and this was stripping me dry. Then cane Avalon Organics Lavender/vitamin C cleansers and Spectro Gel. Not one agreed with me skin. I was left with a yucky rash of papules from chin to temples, going up my cheeks. So on a whim, as mineral oil as a cleanser had failed me too, I bought this. It seems to help. I use it once, rubbing it across my make up, then wipe gently with an unscented baby wipe (I rinse these with warm water first for minimal irritants). Then I wash again with this, splashing water to remove. After toning with Thayers Non alcohol toner, my face is clean and ready for moisturizer. Currently using Jamieson vitamin E gel cream with rosehip oil added. Or Cetaphil 30spf.
I think I'm slowly but surely getting under control now, though still not used to how my skin has decided to rebel against me in my 30s.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by christiegardenia

I used to suffer from acne but after taking accutane my skin completely cleared up but as a result had very dry skin. My skin is also super sensitve and I have been using this cleanser for along time now. Its super gentle on my skin whilst removing all impurities and leaves my skin feeling clean, moisturised, soft and supple. The easy pump bottle distributes just the right amount of product and I find it to be a great price for the quality of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by toriturtle158

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was born with pimples on my cheeks, and rosacea. As I got older, I learned that I also had extremely dry and super sensitive skin, not normal for your average teen. I couldn't find many products to help my skin, because they were meant for teens with oily acne prone skin. Finding something to treat my rosacea? Forget it! Way too expensive! After intense research I found this online and bought it at the store. Can we say perfection? After only a few uses my skin is no longer red, itchy, or flaky, and the pimples are gone! My skin is even toned, and well, PERFECT!!! I will buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought this product might be a good replacement for my Aveda All Sensitive Cleanser, but unfortunately for my wallet (and my face) it was not. I used this product for about 3 weeks so I gave it a fair chance. It made me break out in tiny little bumps on my forehead and it just got worst with time. When I started to have to the same kinds of break outs elsewhere I finally stopped. Almost immediately after going back to my Aveda they stopped and started the healing process. No new breakouts have occurred since...at least ones I didn't think were already in progress.

It's unfortunate because I love how non irritating this stuff is in the eye area. I love my Aveda, but it can sting if you get too much in your eye. Also this cleanser seems better at mu removal. I currently used a separate oil makeup remover, but it's nice on lazy days to be able to skip it. This product also has a really nice pump and is very travel friendly as far as closing it back up. It's a shame it didn't work for me. If you have dry skin like me, but are perhaps less break out prone then I say give it a go, if not stay away.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by prettynpink4

This product is pretty good :) I'd been breaking out pretty bad after using Differin cream and this calmed my skin like no other cleanser. It feels extremely comforting. But I have extrememly acneic skin and this won't help it stay clear. My face will also be oily by the end of the day if I use this. But since it got my skin clearer after the Differin nightmare, I couldn't rate it any lower. I am a little concerned about the parabens included as well as a few potentially comedogenic ingredients like petrolatum. If you have dry, combination dry or extrememly sensive normal or dry skin, give this a try and maybe you'll get fantastic results! As for me, oil control and breakouts are a huge problem, something this cleanser won't battle. I found for best deep cleansing results, wet your face, 2 pumps of product, spread the product all over your hands and massage gently on your face for about 30 mississippis for maximum cleansing. You have to MAKE SURE to wash ALL of it off your face. But when used the right way with the right skin type, this is one of the best drugstore cleansers out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Amie83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I'm on my 3rd bottle of this. Got it because of Paula Begoun pick, and find that it is indeed gentle and has a pleasant natural fragrance and consistency. Also like the pump.
I have dry, sensitive rosacea prone skin and this works well for me. I used to use Vichy Extra Sensitive Cleansing Milk, and find this one does the trick and is cheaper and nicer packaging.

Tip: discovered that it works better if you do wash your face with lukewarm water so that it's wet before you apply the actual cleanser. apply with hands, massage, rinse off and pat dry with towel.

I follow up with Bioderma Sensibio H20 miscellar lotion in the evening to get rid of makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by monica8six

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's an ok product and not to expensive. I was hoping it be like cetaphil but not quite. I find it works better on me with dry skin then I rinse it off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this thick, lotiony-type of cleanser was just what I needed to efficiently remove makeup while moisturizing my dehydrated-yet-oily skin, however I found that this is far too thick and comedogenic. I broke out soon after trying this, and even trying to use this as a precleanse makeup remover failed miserably. Now this product just lays around the house collecting dust until I figure out what to do with it next...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sgaylie

I had to switch cleansers when dove discontinued their face line two months ago and it seemed to be fine at first but after a few weeks I started breaking out like crazy!! I was break-out free for 5 years while using dove and now I am having the worst breakouts I've had since I was 16!!! Do NOT buy if you have really sensitive dry acne-prone skin!!