Clinique Lash Building Primer

3.8

on 1/8/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I decided to give this a shot to try to fix my raccoon eyes problem. The price is so reasonable I figured it wasn't a huge loss if it didn't work. It made my lashes a little clumpy the first time I tried it, so I took more time to work it through my lashes evenly the next time. Wow! It looked like I was wearing falsies. And it held not only the mascara but my curl, too. This made me a total believer in lash primers.

on 12/17/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I haven't tried a LOT of lash primers. However, of the ones I've tried, this is one of the better ones. I also feel that this one is reasonably priced - especially considering it is Clinique. This is $13 for a full size tube.
This is a white color when applied to the lashes. I usually only use this when I have special occasions, but I do find that some mascaras do look much better with this and others, don't really seem to be enhanced that much by the primer.

on 12/16/2010 9:31:00 PM

I was able to try this when I got it as a gwp. This small amount lasts for a long time and does help amp my eye lashes. The gwps are very generous and I am able to get them from time to time from Clinique so I don't think I will repurchase this item.

on 10/7/2010 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

HG. This is, hands down, the best eyelash primer EVER. This literally doubles however many lashes you have and lengthens beautifully. At first glance the brush on the wand looks rather simple and doesn't seem like it would do much. But it isn't the brush that does the magic, it's the formula. Keep in mind though that this needs to applied lightly & carefully because it does deposits a lot of product.

on 9/6/2010 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I hated the beloved Shu primer. I totally gave up on primers. Then I got this one in a GWP last week. It's perfect for me. I used it under a mascara I was giving up on because of the raccon eye effect, and the flaking stopped. My mascara looked as good at the end of the day as it did right after I put it on; without it, my mascara rubs off and by mid-afternoon it usually looks like I didn't use mascara at all. One of my eyes droops a little, and by the end of the day my eyelashes interfere with my vision (very annoying). This primer keeps my lashes sufficiently curled that my lashes stay out of my line of sight. I was considering a surgical eye lift to resolve my problem, but perhaps using this primer will be enough to resolve the issue. A definite repurchase for me.

on 5/31/2010 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a pretty good primer. Non irritating, very smooth to go on. It really softens up my lashes, and lengthens them. On me, it does not seem to do much volume buildup. The only con I have with it is it doesn't seem to hold my curl. The product is pretty heavy and it weighs my lashes down after they've been curled. Overall, it's a decent primer, and it does its job of lengthening my lashes. It's also pretty cheap compared to other brands. I would buy this again, but I'm still looking for a better one.

on 5/15/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

WOW! i'm so glad i have mutual feeling with people in other reviews for this product! its so soft and amazing because if i use this and extend my lashes where i want them then all i need with regular mascara is a couple coats because the white is so easily covered up! & thats conserving regular mascara! i also love that this primer is soo SMOOTH and SOFT on lashes! it also makes lashes stay longer!

on 5/5/2010 9:14:00 AM

I purchased this out of curiousity and have to say that it was a great purchase!

The lashes on my left eye are stubborn - they are shorter than on my right eye and have less volume, but with this primer, things really even out.

I have used it with my 3 HG-mascaras now: False Lash Effect, Masterpiece Max and 2000Calories by Max Factor, and this primer takes all 3 of them to the next level, I have lashes up to my brows. And those 3 are great to begin with, but this primer makes them even better.

Can't live without it anymore. I will also try the MAC-primer as I'm curious about that one aswell. However, I'd totally buy this one again!

on 4/24/2010 8:13:00 AM

Very soft and doesn't clump- even when I don't let it dry fully, it doesn't clump when I apply mascara. Makes lashes look darker, thicker, fuller and more defined when used under any mascara. Also excellent for those with sensitive eyes- I'd totally buy this again.

on 4/20/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only been using this for a couple days. I love clinique mascara, but I'm not pumped about this. Urban Decay is definitely better!