Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 4/4/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use to use Almay makeup alot, I got free Almay samples from magazines etc, and I really liked them, so I went out and purchased a whole bunch of full size products from Almay.
These were part of the purchase, and boy did I hate them. They removed nothing, and not only that the pads are scratchy and rough for my eyes.
I love my eyes, I can be up all night and my eyes do not show one sign of fatigue or redness, I dont have sensitive eyes. But these really I dont know what is in them, my eyes were just red and watery after I use them. After I used them, my partner say, my eyes looks like someone who just finish snorting crack.
Almay is the sister company of Revlon, and their price range is pretty much in the same league as Revlon here in Australia, and honestly off all of the products I brought from Almay, not one I was happy with. The samples in the magazines were a whole different thing compared to the products I paid for.

on 4/4/2011 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love these makeup remover wipes! They actually work at removing off stubborn mascara WITHOUT pulling on your sensitive eye area skin.

Priced fairly for $6 for a package of 80 pads. Way better than Lancome Bi-Facil and at a fraction of the price.

on 3/2/2011 11:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The fact that I totally and completely hate these is very ironic because I love the oil free ones. That being said...I hate these! They're definitely NOT for people with oily lids (like myself) and they just feel gross and disgusting on my skin. Plus it doesn't even take everything off, and leaves an oh so pleasant burning sensation on my eyes, complete with oily residue that gradually made my lids oilier as I used them. Yeah...not buying these again...

on 3/2/2011 11:17:00 AM

I didn't mind the oiliness, except it seeped into my eyes, leaving a film. If you wear contacts I would not recommend (there is no warning about that on the package- or at least on mine)

Also, the next day I would have smudges under my eyes, so it wasn't taking everything off anyways.

on 1/26/2011 8:39:00 PM

i have been using this for a few yrs now and it works wonders for me!! i use this every day...alot of ppl complain about the oily residue it leaves after....well its true but i wash my face w.my cleanser after i use the stuff so its ok...its the only thing that takes off my waterproof eyeliner!! love love love it!

on 12/22/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I found that there would always be a little left over makeup under my eyes and since I mainly, only wear black mascara and eyeliner, it always looked like I had dark circles under my eyes.

BTW: The reason so many people are complaining about this not working is because they're trying to take off nonwaterproof mascara. It's quite simple. Cosmetic companies make non waterproof mascara and eye liner to be water soluable (to guard against smudging) and they make waterproof mascara oil soluable since it's waterPROOF. Get it?

on 12/22/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes,this product is oily but it gets off my water proof mascara.It's affordable compared to buying Lancome's Bi-facil which will cost $26.00 plus sales tax which brings the total cost to almost thirty dollars.

on 12/19/2010 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hydrating? Nope. Greaseball? Definitely.

I had used Almay's regular makeup removal pads, which were effective but drying, so I thought these would an upgrade. A waste of $5. They are so greasy on my eyes and they did not remove all of my eye makeup, which wasn't even waterproof.

Stay away from these!

on 11/27/2010 11:03:00 AM

I wish I had seen the reviews here before I purchased this product. It didn't work well, my eye makeup just wouldn't come off, and it left a greasy/oily film around my eyes. Not to mention, this stung my eyes like crazy. I gave it a few more days to see if I'd change my mind and this product just didn't work, and I don't even use waterproof makeup, I'm talking about regular makeup. What's the point of rubbing it in so the makeup will come off, isn't this pad made so I wouldn't have to rub my eyes to remove the makeup. Total waste of money, and it irritated my eyes, even if I don't have sensitive skin. It's a shame, since I really like Almay products. In the trash this went...

on 11/25/2010 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the only eye makeup remover (drug store or high end) that really works awesome for me. I can only use waterproof mascara, and this brings it off like a charm! Love this and have been using this for at least 15+ years!!!