I have very mixed feelings about this concealer. It didn't meet fully my expectations. To be precise, I would give it not 4 but 3.5 stars.
The things I like:
1) It gives full coverage.
2) It is long wearing.
3) Two tones allow you to get the perfect shade you need
4) If you donít have dry skin under the eyes you might cover dark circles with this concealer (but to my opinion it is not the best concealer for such purposes, I personally prefer creamy texture for under eye area). But keep in mind that it gives a very mat finish, so better if you use foundation that gives mat finish as well, otherwise you will end up with dewy skin and mat under eye circles and the difference will look striking and not nice.
5) You need a very little product due to high level of pigment. I believe if to use it every single day it will be enough for 1-1.5 year.
The things I donít like:
1) In spite it conceals redness on my sensitive skin but it dries it out badly. So I donít agree it is suitable for all skin types.
2) When I need to apply this concealer on bigger areas (like to cover redness on my nose and cheeks) it doesnít work well with my concealer brush at all (though I have a good professional one that always worked well for me with other creamy concealers). When I apply it with my brush the concealer looks patchy. :( It works ok only when I need to cover a very tiny area like a blemish.
3) To conceal bigger areas I can apply it only with my fingertips as it is the only way for concealer to melt on my skin looking natural (I just scrape a bit with a spatula and mix it on the back of my hand. I think the best proportion 1:2 (dark colour: light colour). But obviously I cannot be very precise when applying it in such a way.
4) It doesnít work well on bare skin. It dries it out and looks patchy. It works ok only on foundation. Sometimes when I am in a hurry or donít feel like to apply a full make up, I donít use foundation but just conceal some areas, powder my skin and thatís it. This concealer is no-no product for such kind of makeup.
When it finishes I wonít repurchase it again.
My skin: very clog prone, oily/dehydrated, sensitive.
I purchased this to conceal hyperpigmentation and other spots around my face, not for under eye circles.
-Compact has two shades, so you can mix to match your skin color
-Waxy texture is great for concealing spots/hyperpigmentation and other minor blemishes
-Excellent packaging, compact has mirror
-Contains Isopropyl Myristate, which clogs my pores. Also contains Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, and Ascorbyl Palmitate, which are also somewhat problematic for me. I'd conceal a spot and get new zits near it.
Overall, this is an ok concealer. I didn't think it was anything amazing though. Beware if you're clog-prone/acne-prone. Will not repurchase.
I love this concealer! I was unsure when buying it because it had such mixed reviews, but I took the plunge and figured what the heck I can return it.
It's a little tricky to use at first, and you need to have a short bristled concealer brush(you can get them cheap though, it doesn't have to be fancy). I read others who said to mix it on your hand, but I found that I couldn't pick it up well enough and I felt I was wasting the product (and lets face it, it's not cheap). So here's how I apply mine:
1) I open the case and place one (CLEAN) thumb directly onto the makeup for about 30sec. I do this to warm it up so that my brush can pick it up, and so that it will blend well into my skin.
2) I then remove my thumbs and using my makeup brush dab it into both side of pot to get my desired color.
3) I then apply the my makeup to my blemishes(acne) and scars(hyper-pigmentation). I try not to get the makeup on the skin surrounding the marks, just directly on them.
***Throughout applying the makeup I am pressing my other thumb against the makeup, switching back and forth between sides.
***I used Mary Kay Loose Mineral Foundation as a base before application, and I also apply my bronzer and blush before applying concealer. Then after concealing I apply another light layer of foundation powder.
UPDATE: I still loveee this concealer after about a month or so of use. But the whole idea of using my bacteria covered fingers in my makeup was getting to me, so I realized I could just use my hair dryer to heat up the concealer instead! Duh! Anyway, I just put my blow dryer on the hot setting and blow directly onto the concealer until I see a very light melt-y shine on the surface of the makeup. Then proceed as usual. Happy concealing!
This is one of those products where it will really benefit you to read several reviews. It works really well for me for the purpose I bought it for, which was dark (purplish) circles under my eyes. I put it on and it neutralizes the color very nicely. (I'm light-skinned and use 2.) I pat it on to only the purple areas and it covers. Because of what one of the previous reviewers wrote, I tried blending it and found that on me, too, it mostly disappears! But the way I use it, patting the color with my fingertips and then patting the color onto my lower eyelid, it covers well.
I lusted over this for almost a year as i couldn't justify spending that much on a concealer when i already owned so many that worked well but on a recent trip to Selfridges i caved in and purchased it. Wish i hadnt bothered, it doesn't live up to the hype at all. Its a lovely compact, you appear to get a decent amount of product and it does cover on first contact....but !!! as soon as you touch it to blend it disappears....it just doesn't stay on my skin. I apply, looks great, blend, gone, apply again, looks great, blend and gone...just useless. Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer is far better than this. I don't rate it at all.
I have had this for a week now and I am beyond impressed in every way. Up until recently, I have used Time Balm concealer by The Balm, which I love. Sadly, the lable had worn off the bottom and I live in a country where I can only repurchase it online. After hours staring at Lisa Eldridge's perfect, creamy complexion, I decided that I too must have Secret Camouflage. This product is seriously amazing! When I first felt it, I have to admit that I wondered how on earth I could possibly blend it into my skin - it felt very dry and hard. This product is so highly pigmented and the staying power is so good, that a little goes a long way. I have really pale skin (NC 15 - 20 ), and I was good with the SC2. The fact that you also get two different colours is a huge bonus. I feel that the price, while high, is fair. My only warning would be to those who do NOT want 'camouflage' coverage...this is not for you!
C5/C6 NC44 BBWarm Honey/Golden LM Caramel for reference. I bought this in SC6m which is perfect. I have acne scarring and it covers the dark spots perfectly and doesn't budge. I apply with a tiny concealer brush, swipe the light shade twice on one side of the brush, the darker shade on the other side, then mix on the back of my hand, apply and pat into skin. Works great for blemishes on your face, would not recommend for under-eye area.
In recent months, I've been suffering from painful cystic acne on my chin and around my jawline. Although I've suspected that some of my acne breakouts have been exacerbated by some cosmetics, I was searching for a concealing product that would help disguise the cysts' awful color and size. After trying various sticks, liquids and powders, I finally settled on Secret Camouflage after a Laura Mercier consultant demonstrated to me its virtues. I was matched with SC-3, even though my complexion is on the lighter side of NW/NC20, because it's better at camouflaging any redness. Since the professional application of this concealer, I have applied my own with a flat concealer brush with wonderful results. I dip one side of my brush into one of SC's two shades, then dip the other side of the brush into the other shade. I mix the two shades on my hand, then apply the blended product onto my breakout-prone areas. I blend, pounch, and blend some more, sweeping it into areas that aren't broken out but still contain redness. The density of pigment in this formulation makes concealment seamless. Even though I have rosacea and scarring, it's possible for me to go foundation-less when I apply Secret Camouflage this way. This product does contain some comedogenic ingredients, so I can't recommend for the very acne-prone. As my acne is hormonally driven, I'm not concerned about its effects. I won't be without this product for as long as its manufactured.
Honestly, I don't understand the whole hype around this product. I have oily / combination skin (oily on the T-Zone), and this product always looks patchy on me. When I put it on, it wears off after less than an hour, and it's drying, too. If I have a blemish, it actually makes it more apparent than concealed. This product is a definite "no-no" for me.
By far THE BEST concealer I have ever found. Great for covering up acne and scars. The shades let you custom blend to the exact color you need. I will use this forever!