MAC Lustre Capricious

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great everyday color for me. It's more of a muted rose than a plum or berry on me. I pair it with a clear gloss, or one of the simpler dazzleglasses, think baby sparks, to give it some moisture. It can easily be played up as well, and looks great with most eye looks depending on how you wear it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this color! It's a great neutral, rosy shade. I agree about it drying but I take care of that putting a dazzleglass over it. That prolongs staying power and gives it a great look. I like rags to riches dazzleglass paired with this lipstick!

This is really a nice colour, I like how it stains my lips when it wears off. Staying power could be better but most of the lustre finishes aren't long lasting because of their sheerness. I don't mind having to reapply.

great everyday shade, would buy again

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

MAC Capricious is ... okay. I was looking for a vibrant, yet subtle pink for spring/summer to capitalize on this year's romantic rose trend. I am a brown-skinned, African-American women, and it looks decent on me -- but could look better.

I remember vascillating between Capricious and Plumful. Perhaps I should've gotten Plumful?? May have been a bit brighter, yet flattering. Capricious will do, but I would not re-purchase. Also, it is drying -- but then, so many MAC lipsticks are. I'm pretty sure that also affects its appearance on my lips. I wish the LE All's Fair hadn't sold out -- I think I would have preferred that shade most.

Probably one of my favorite all-around lipsticks for 10+ years. Does get a little dry over the course of the day but not too bad for such a good color and texture for my fair NW 15 skin. I recently bought Flirt's Chickstick (also manfactured by Estee Lauder) - although it does not have MAC's nice subtle smell, it is identical in all other respects and much cheaper when on sale!

This is my favourite MAC lip colour so far - it's a really nice soft rosy plum colour, with no shimmer or frostiness. I also have Plumful, but I find it a tiny bit fuschia-y and much prefer Capricious. I agree with a lot of the reviewers below who mention the dryness. It's ok when you first apply it, but the moisture wears off quickly, and you have to reapply often. I will repurchase this however, because I love the colour so much, and will maybe try putting the new Looks Like Sin cremesheen lipglass over it for moisture...

Capricious is a beautiful pigmented pinky plum. It goes very nicely with my somewhat warm undertones (NC30, dark brown hair and eyes). I also like plums with brown undertones, but this is a more rosey plum.

It is a lustre, so it's not going to stay on as well as a satin/matte, but when it wears off, it leaves a really gorgeous stain.

I'd definitely buy this again, as it's one of my favourite plum lipsticks (I like it more than plumful for my colouring)!

p.s. I asked the moderators to remove the picture of the bright pink lips -- there's no way that was capricious! :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's a great berry/plum/red sheer color with a touch of gold. Love the look over MAC Stripdown liner. Very polished day or night look for me. My tan is nc40. Con: Not much staying power and expensive but very pretty. . . .Me but better.

I agree with the rest of the reviews. The uploaded photo for this lipstick definitely looks a lot different from what I know capricious to be. It's a lot less pink and more berry/plum. Although I like this shade, I won't be repurchasing as the staying power is not good. I'll stick with my twig for a pink mauve shade.

Recommended for Medium Skin