Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue

3.7

on 5/2/2008 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It smelled VERY strong going on but faded nicely to a flowery/powder scent.Staying power is horrible though.Smells good for as long as it lasts I guess

on 3/6/2008 2:20:00 AM

yes, this might not be a "VERY SPECIAL SCENT", but I find most ppl luv it! When I wear 5th Ave. out, everybody would comment on my perfume (boys and gals). If you want ppl to notice that you "SMELL NICE", get it!!!

on 2/26/2008 8:48:00 PM

I used to own this fragrance exclusively in High School not so much because I liked it so much but because this was a gift. Perfume used to be so expensive and I couldn't afford to buy by my own.
I still have about 10 ml of this left in the bottle. Since it changes smell a bit and considering my current massive fragrance collection (25+) I cannot bring myself to use this up. So I use it as a room spray.
However, my husband upon smelling this just loved it ! He never even commented on my No 5, Coco or Guerlains. But THIS..... God, how come ? It is a mystery to me. So I buy another 125 ml for AUD20 EDP (yes, it is really cheap now) from the drug store and use it at night for his sake.

on 1/13/2008 8:33:00 PM

Like the scent alot, but what puts me over the top is how many compliments I get from guys! "Wow, you smell great." Guys I don't know will say it to me as I walk around campus!!!

on 12/28/2007 7:39:00 PM

A pleasant surprise - it's a green/white floral and nicely done. Not sure of the notes, it's an early-summer dry floral, not exactly crisp, not sharp but not soft either... it's... bright! Yes. 5th Avenue has an obliging kind of versatility about it, it could easily segue into evening in a pinch. A safe yet sparkling floral, I find that this is one of the better EA scents I have tried. It's ladylike, pretty and friendly and seems to have decent staying power. It's not stunning or ground-breaking but there's nothing at all bad about it either. I'd buy a wee bottle, or it would be a welcome gift that I would actually wear. Widely available and most certainly worth a try. An enthusiastic 3&1/2 lip.

on 12/24/2007 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my signature fragrance and has been for years. The scent is very classy and fresh--and also very feminine. This perfume stays on my skin and clothes really well. My husband likes the way this perfume smells on me--not too overpowering. Definite repurchase, but I usually get a gift set every Christmas. ;)

on 12/13/2007 5:48:00 AM

It really smells 5th avenue, classy, strong but not too overpowering. To me it has a strong smell of lily of the vally, delicate and clean but stromg at the same time. It is perfect for office and meetings.

on 10/10/2007 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I enjoyed wearing this clean smelling perfume for awhile. A nice fresh floral with great staying power. Nothing too exciting though or anything that I would consider for a signature fragrance.

on 10/4/2007 9:52:00 AM

5th Avenue is my first Elizabeth Arden fragrance. I bought it during a clearance sale and, even if I really didn't know what to expect, I ended up buying it anyway due to its dirt cheap price (about $ 10). What a lovely surprise! I find 5th Avenue very classy, much more sophisticated than expected. An every day fragrance with a nice scent that doesn't over power, thumbs way up on this one.

on 9/23/2007 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Still have a bit left in my 2 bottles of EDP from the original 1996 release. Its was fresh, bright, clean floral with a hint of green. Feminine, classic, put together, elegant, sunny, lasted throughout a workday. This new reformulation I purchased in 2013 (legitimate store) and it was weak, cheap, didn't last more than a few hours, and smelt "off" chemically. A pale comparison to my old bottles...I threw it in the trash.

Popular Fragrances