Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

Price: $

Allantoin, Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol in an Emollient Base

on 5/19/2005 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used to use this years ago to make my skin smooth and silky, and it had a nice light refreshing pleasant scent. Recently I bought a jar of it for the first time in a long time and I had to throw it away. Why?

Because they did something utterly (ha) horrible to the scent and now it makes my hands smell like the UNDERSIDE OF A COW.

This is not the same formula they made years ago. Now it actually makes your hands smell like you've been milking cows. The cream isn't as moisturizing either anymore. Blech.

on 5/4/2005 5:06:00 AM

This is a review for the Udderly Smooth Udder Cream Body Cream from Redex Industries - Salem, OR. www.uddercream.com I received a sample packet of this in a swap and first off I do NOT like the smell. It just smells way too soapy for my liking. The cream is nice and moisturizing. Slightly on the oily residue side but I normally like that. Sorry to give two lipsticks but can't stand the smell.

on 3/11/2005 4:32:00 PM

I'd heard some good things about this cream, and had thought about purchasing it, so I was really psyched when someone bought a tube to share at work. Alas, I don't like it all that much. It absorbs super fast. Not greasy at all, almost like a gel. And it seemed to really moisturize well. But here it is two hours later, and my hands feel even drier than before. Plus the scent really is awful.

on 2/21/2005 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I heard good things about this cream from a number of different people and thought I'd give it a try. I was expecting it to be really greasy, but it's not at all! I have dry skin, but can't stand a greasy cream. This one absorbs well and lasts for a while. It's really cheap too. I found it at Trader Joe's, $2.99 for a big 12 oz. jar. The smell is very light and does not linger at all.

on 1/30/2005 3:40:00 PM

This is good stuff, better than L'Occitane's shea butter hand cream, IMO. I got a small squeeze tube from the dollar store to keep in my bag. I go through hand creams very quickly since my skin is so dry. It goes on creamy, and makes my hands feel soft and moisturized. I don't need to reapply very often either like I do for some creams. I wish it was unscented though.

on 1/12/2005 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great - inexpensive, rich but not greasy at all, and very effective.

I bought this at Trader Joe's today. for only $2.99 for 12 oz. The smell which I see mentioned many times in all the reviews is basically non-existant. Just a light standard cosmetic smell..almost unscented. It smoothes on and sinks right in..no greasy feel. My skin felt coated at first but now it is going away and it is being replaced by soft smooth skin. Cool!! It looks like Crisco in the jar but feels nothing like it. I would buy again. I want to try Bag Balm too.

on 7/10/2004 6:18:00 PM

I started using this as a body cream when I ran out of my Sage Body Velvet, and I'm very impressed. Unlike most creams, it sinks in immediately, so that you can get dressed right away. The miosturizing power is good but not exceptional, so if your skin is really dry this might not be enough. Overall, I'd say that this is great to use in a pinch (and cheap too), but I'll probably move on to (hopefully) better things for my next moisturizer.

on 7/3/2004 7:37:00 PM

This is a great cream for a great price. I used this when I lived in Maine for a few years and the winters were torture on my skin. It is really moisturizing and doesn't leave your skin greasy for hours. Pleasant, clean scent. I bought this in the tube because it was all I could find at my local drugstore, but I would prefer a tube.

on 6/3/2004 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this a great cream. it really penetrates deeply and moisturizes. and it absorbs quickly. i also like the fact that it doesn't leave a greasy residue on my skin.