November 26, 2014 | 908 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - NEW! Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Bought this because I was shedding a lot of hair. 1 bar later the shedding slowed down (not sure if it was because of this or just hormonal changes).

Pros:
-Accelerates growth of new hair!! I was very surprised a few days ago when I noticed I had tons of baby hair which I have never noticed before. It has been about 3 months since I used this and the growth is about 4 cms long so the facts match... so I guess it's thanks to this shampoo?
-Smells nice
-Cleans well
-Makes my hair light and shiny
-Economical if you store it properly

Cons:
-A bit drying - you will need to use a conditioner
- Can be messy to use

Definitely will buy this again and again. I tried Ultimate Shine but that one made my scalp really dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by AndMac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought New! a few years ago when it was new to the market, and it's one I would buy again. I didn't notice any real difference to my thinning hair, I suspect mine is genetic. But it is easy to use and as I like the smell of cinnamon and cloves (not peppermint, as some have said) I'm a fan of the aroma.
Like all the LUSH shampoos let it dry out of its tin (which you don't need anyway) for storage. My bar did have quite a bit of raw cinnamon bark in it, which wasn't all that pleasant when it caught in my hair, so I found myself picking those bits out of the bar. It lasted well, and I was able to use it up to the last, tiny scrap (unlike Godiva). I have baby fine, straight hair that tends to oiliness and it seems to suit my hair well. I am lucky to have very soft water so lather was no problem at all. Do buy this, but don't bother with the tin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm into my second bar (not consecutively) and do notice less falling hair during shampooing. It's good for my oily scalp and gentle on my dry hair. Overall very pleased.

The scent is very herbally/cinnamony... not great but doesn't bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by indiana2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been suffering from a steady hair loss for years now. After countless tests from my doctor's clinic, he still couldn't figure out why except its hormonal. Upon the recommendation of my friend, I decided to try Mane n' Tail shampoo and conditioner. It didn't work for me. My hair even became drier and straw-like despite the conditioner. After reading the reviews here, I decided to take the plunge and head off to Lush. I love the smell of cinnamon and was surprised how sudsy it was after only a couple of swipes on my wet hair. I tried to keep it as far from the shower as possible to keep it from melting. For now, I noticed some reduction to the hair shedding but nothing major yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by organicjunkiee

i have been using this shampoo bar since last 5 years or so...alternating it with other shampoos once in a while...this shampoo has worked for me,love the smell , easy to use and more importantly ma hair has stopped fallin...i lose 40 to 60 strands of hair every time i use any other shampoo ,with this one it comes down to 6 to 10 strands of hair...when i stared using this shampoo ma hair was long and i had lot of broken hair , which used to make me look like a porcupine,ma hair was over exposed to heat(thanks to tongs and straightner)and super dry.... and now ma hair qwality is perfect,its thick, soft ,long and voluminous.i only use two products on ma hair, one is new!hair shampoo bar and the other one is kersastase oleo relax masque ,together they have done wonders to ma hair.... ma only problem with this product is that it contains SLS:(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by chola

Normally I don't review products because I am honestly too lazy, but OHMY GOD i had to review this one because of my horrible experience. I used this shampoo bar everyday for a month, and yes, I did notice my hair growing faster. But along with that, it started falling out in clumps! To begin with, I had fine, blonde hair, and lots of it. I think i lost about 1/5 of my hair, which is a whole effing lot. I'm SO upset. I think it even increased breakage. This product did the adverse of what it was supposed to help with. It will take YEARS for my hair regrow to its full length, if it will even regrow at all. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless you want to go bald. It also dried out my hair a lot, even though I used a heavy conditioner.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by evie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its super drying which i do not recommend buyers to use it everyday. or must top it up with hair conditioner after using this shampoo. not very sure about the decrease in hair loss as i only use it twice a week as a clarifying shampoo and on other days use Tsubaki (a japanese brand)...lathers well though

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by des80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I suffer from Trichotillomania and this shampoo changed my life. For those that don't know trich is the compulsion to pull your hair. It can be eyelashes, eyebrows ect., for me it was the hair on my head. Some people pull in a certain area resulting in a bald spot, I pull all over. You can imagine after 15 years what my hair looked liked. It's embarrassing but I hope someone who is going through this reads this review and gives NEW bar a try.

The NEW bar claims to promote hair growth and reduce shedding, making hair thicker. I had low expectations since I have tried every thickening shampoo, cream, mousse, and styling product and they either didn't work at all, worked at first, or made my hair gross. At this point I had been trying 100% natural shampoo but it seemed like too much work with my hard water and excessive use of styling products. So I gave the NEW bar a try hoping in the very least I would have good smelling hair.

After the first wash I noticed a difference. Gently combing out my hair resulting in no shedding. I don't remember losing 1 hair. My hair is already on the dry side from constant bleaching over the years and while this did nothing to moisturize my hair it did not make it worse either. I used this shampoo only for 2 months and after a while I noticed I was "picking" at my hair much less. Thats a freaking miracle because nothing seemed to stop this compulsion. I looked up cinnamon use in trichotillomania and there is some who believe cinnamon oil aids in treating this. I had never heard this before. My mom came to visit after not seeing me for a year and she immediately noticed the change in my hair. I ended up getting a bottle of REHAB from the UK and tried it. I lost so much hair after that first wash. I would say 100 hairs. I think all the hair I would have normally lost came out in that first wash with a different shampoo. I have now been using the NEW bar for 4 months and I am getting compliments on my hair for the first time in 15 years. I will buy this shampoo over and over again.

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ka1092

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Really cleaned my hair, gave it a little volume, I always had a good hair day when I used this shampoo: +4

Definitely lasts for a long time: +2

I THINK it made me shed less hair, which is major for me because recently I've been shedding way more than usual. This will be confirmed after I use a different shampoo and come back to this one: +1

Smell is really overpowering and doesn't linger in your hair, but in your shower - and as I share my bathroom with another girl (in a college dorm) I don't want it stinking up the bathroom for hours afterwards! -1

the packaging is AWFUL. First, it doesn't come with anything to hold it in, and you definitely need something if you don't want it to melt into your shower (leaves a gross film on the ledge if you do!) In my experience, DON'T use the shower tin that LUSH also carries - it gets stuck in there and impossible to take out, which is why I had to throw the whole thing out! Major bummer. -1

It burns my eyes when I get it even NEAR them. Like, I didn't even think I had any on my hands and when I touched my eyelid, my eye STUNG. -1

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo! I think that it's easier to use than shampoos in liquid form. I just make sure that my hands are wet, I rub the bar between my hands to make a nice lather and then apply it on my hair. It foams extremely well although I was very doubtful about it at first!

NEW! smells like a mixture of cinnamon and peppermint. The scent of the bar is very strong and makes me feels sick but it doesn't smell at all after I have applied it on my hair. If it was as strong in my hair or worse if it lingered on my hair I couldn't use it.

NEW! leaves my hair very shiny and clean but it's not volumising at all.

I will repurchase. It's also very easy to travel with this product and you don't need to carry bottles with you.