LUSH Solid Shampoo

4.1

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nettle and Peppermint Infusion (Urtica dioica and Mentha piperita), Glycerine, Nettle Absolute (Urtica urens), Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus officinalis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), *Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 73360, Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum cassia) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 1/28/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was very excited to try Lush again, as they were re-introduced to Singapore after an absence of almost 10 years. So one of the first stash I had was this, together with the Green solid bar (and a whole bunch of other things). While Green and later Godiva agreed very well with me, I found New very odd. After a few days with it (I wash my hair everyday), I suddenly had a really weird sensation on my whole scalp one night. It was somewhat like an intense itch, (yet not), and I felt as if things were growing out of my scalp. Not a pleasant feeling. So I've shelved it for awhile (and it is stuck fast to its tin, anyway- more of that later).

However, having read some positive reviews of it by other people regarding how it made their hair grow, I think I might try again, but gingerly. Until it does something good (like Green and Godiva does), I'll probably not repurchase it.

And a word about the tins- forget about buying the tins to store it in. It'll be a waste of your money, less you either get it free, or you want the tin anyway, to store other things. Storing your shampoo bars in it will result in it being stuck in the tin, and when you pry it out, it'll be mushy and melted. I've since been using the tins for storing bits of Lush's massage bars which I cut off from the main bar, and these I use in bits each night after my shower. So, it's been put to good use, but you can forget about using the tins for its intended purpose.

on 1/26/2012 11:58:00 PM

I have been trying to grow my hair long for a year, and it had only grown an inch. After using this shampoo, it was already half an inch longer after 2 months! I love the bar idea, especially for travel, but hate how it gets stuck in the tin at first! I would dry with a Kleenex and stand up in the tin for a bit and that seemed to help a lot. Also, I recommend storing out of the shower. My friend also uses this, and mine is still going after 3 months here hers has run out from shrinking when her family showers. As for the smell, I love it! And unlike other reviews I've read, I do not find it too strong once you're out of the shower. If you do decide to purchase this product I would recommend having a really amazing conditioner, because one downside is its super drying! All in all I highly recommend this product, it may seem like it costs a bit for a small amount of shampoo but if you take care to keep it out of the water, it can last for a long time!

on 1/13/2012 9:37:00 PM

I was introduced about a week ago to Lush products, starting with the Seanik shampoo bar. My husband bought it for himself, and I tried it an loved it, so decided to get more Lush just for me!
I looked into all the different bars, and decided to go with New! Ladies and gents, I am now a Lush addict!
This stuff smells divine, and cleans your hair so well. The idea of a shampoo bar is so fun too. I think I'm a convert, and am going back to get more Lush products this weekend. :) My husband is kind of obsessed too.
The only thing I don't love is having to dry the bar in the tin, but it's not too bad. I just stand it up on its edge for a bit then place it back in the tin.

on 12/12/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

love love love this product! it has made my hair so much softer and healthier overall. it is a little more difficult to use as a bar and it costs quite a bit but it lasts a long time and it lathers so well. i love the smell of this - not a scent i would have picked out myself - but this was recommended to me by the SA and i'm so glad she did. definitely worth it!!!

on 10/27/2011 11:07:00 PM

Cinnamon! A lot of people have had bits of trouble with having to dry out their shampoo bars, but I have a vertical soap holder in my shower that I just hang it in, which is convenient for me! That being said, I like it! It's a fairly understated scent, but it's a lot of fun when you're using it. And like all the Lush shampoo bars, it lasts well and I'm always surprised by how little I have to use to get a good lather going. The cinnamon sticks can snag when you run it through your hair, which is a shame, but the brick is otherwise very solid!

on 8/28/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Bought this because I was shedding a lot of hair. 1 bar later the shedding slowed down (not sure if it was because of this or just hormonal changes).

Pros:
-Accelerates growth of new hair!! I was very surprised a few days ago when I noticed I had tons of baby hair which I have never noticed before. It has been about 3 months since I used this and the growth is about 4 cms long so the facts match... so I guess it's thanks to this shampoo?
-Smells nice
-Cleans well
-Makes my hair light and shiny
-Economical if you store it properly

Cons:
-A bit drying - you will need to use a conditioner
- Can be messy to use

Definitely will buy this again and again. I tried Ultimate Shine but that one made my scalp really dry.

on 8/26/2011 7:39:00 PM

I bought New! a few years ago when it was new to the market, and it's one I would buy again. I didn't notice any real difference to my thinning hair, I suspect mine is genetic. But it is easy to use and as I like the smell of cinnamon and cloves (not peppermint, as some have said) I'm a fan of the aroma.
Like all the LUSH shampoos let it dry out of its tin (which you don't need anyway) for storage. My bar did have quite a bit of raw cinnamon bark in it, which wasn't all that pleasant when it caught in my hair, so I found myself picking those bits out of the bar. It lasted well, and I was able to use it up to the last, tiny scrap (unlike Godiva). I have baby fine, straight hair that tends to oiliness and it seems to suit my hair well. I am lucky to have very soft water so lather was no problem at all. Do buy this, but don't bother with the tin.

on 8/8/2011 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm into my second bar (not consecutively) and do notice less falling hair during shampooing. It's good for my oily scalp and gentle on my dry hair. Overall very pleased.

The scent is very herbally/cinnamony... not great but doesn't bother me.

on 4/30/2011 1:43:00 AM

I've been suffering from a steady hair loss for years now. After countless tests from my doctor's clinic, he still couldn't figure out why except its hormonal. Upon the recommendation of my friend, I decided to try Mane n' Tail shampoo and conditioner. It didn't work for me. My hair even became drier and straw-like despite the conditioner. After reading the reviews here, I decided to take the plunge and head off to Lush. I love the smell of cinnamon and was surprised how sudsy it was after only a couple of swipes on my wet hair. I tried to keep it as far from the shower as possible to keep it from melting. For now, I noticed some reduction to the hair shedding but nothing major yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i have been using this shampoo bar since last 5 years or so...alternating it with other shampoos once in a while...this shampoo has worked for me,love the smell , easy to use and more importantly ma hair has stopped fallin...i lose 40 to 60 strands of hair every time i use any other shampoo ,with this one it comes down to 6 to 10 strands of hair...when i stared using this shampoo ma hair was long and i had lot of broken hair , which used to make me look like a porcupine,ma hair was over exposed to heat(thanks to tongs and straightner)and super dry.... and now ma hair qwality is perfect,its thick, soft ,long and voluminous.i only use two products on ma hair, one is new!hair shampoo bar and the other one is kersastase oleo relax masque ,together they have done wonders to ma hair.... ma only problem with this product is that it contains SLS:(

Top Rated LUSH Products