April 16, 2014 | 1983 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - NEW! Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by organicjunkiee

i have been using this shampoo bar since last 5 years or so...alternating it with other shampoos once in a while...this shampoo has worked for me,love the smell , easy to use and more importantly ma hair has stopped fallin...i lose 40 to 60 strands of hair every time i use any other shampoo ,with this one it comes down to 6 to 10 strands of hair...when i stared using this shampoo ma hair was long and i had lot of broken hair , which used to make me look like a porcupine,ma hair was over exposed to heat(thanks to tongs and straightner)and super dry.... and now ma hair qwality is perfect,its thick, soft ,long and voluminous.i only use two products on ma hair, one is new!hair shampoo bar and the other one is kersastase oleo relax masque ,together they have done wonders to ma hair.... ma only problem with this product is that it contains SLS:(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by chola

Normally I don't review products because I am honestly too lazy, but OHMY GOD i had to review this one because of my horrible experience. I used this shampoo bar everyday for a month, and yes, I did notice my hair growing faster. But along with that, it started falling out in clumps! To begin with, I had fine, blonde hair, and lots of it. I think i lost about 1/5 of my hair, which is a whole effing lot. I'm SO upset. I think it even increased breakage. This product did the adverse of what it was supposed to help with. It will take YEARS for my hair regrow to its full length, if it will even regrow at all. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless you want to go bald. It also dried out my hair a lot, even though I used a heavy conditioner.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by evie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its super drying which i do not recommend buyers to use it everyday. or must top it up with hair conditioner after using this shampoo. not very sure about the decrease in hair loss as i only use it twice a week as a clarifying shampoo and on other days use Tsubaki (a japanese brand)...lathers well though

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by des80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I suffer from Trichotillomania and this shampoo changed my life. For those that don't know trich is the compulsion to pull your hair. It can be eyelashes, eyebrows ect., for me it was the hair on my head. Some people pull in a certain area resulting in a bald spot, I pull all over. You can imagine after 15 years what my hair looked liked. It's embarrassing but I hope someone who is going through this reads this review and gives NEW bar a try.

The NEW bar claims to promote hair growth and reduce shedding, making hair thicker. I had low expectations since I have tried every thickening shampoo, cream, mousse, and styling product and they either didn't work at all, worked at first, or made my hair gross. At this point I had been trying 100% natural shampoo but it seemed like too much work with my hard water and excessive use of styling products. So I gave the NEW bar a try hoping in the very least I would have good smelling hair.

After the first wash I noticed a difference. Gently combing out my hair resulting in no shedding. I don't remember losing 1 hair. My hair is already on the dry side from constant bleaching over the years and while this did nothing to moisturize my hair it did not make it worse either. I used this shampoo only for 2 months and after a while I noticed I was "picking" at my hair much less. Thats a freaking miracle because nothing seemed to stop this compulsion. I looked up cinnamon use in trichotillomania and there is some who believe cinnamon oil aids in treating this. I had never heard this before. My mom came to visit after not seeing me for a year and she immediately noticed the change in my hair. I ended up getting a bottle of REHAB from the UK and tried it. I lost so much hair after that first wash. I would say 100 hairs. I think all the hair I would have normally lost came out in that first wash with a different shampoo. I have now been using the NEW bar for 4 months and I am getting compliments on my hair for the first time in 15 years. I will buy this shampoo over and over again.

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ka1092

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Really cleaned my hair, gave it a little volume, I always had a good hair day when I used this shampoo: +4

Definitely lasts for a long time: +2

I THINK it made me shed less hair, which is major for me because recently I've been shedding way more than usual. This will be confirmed after I use a different shampoo and come back to this one: +1

Smell is really overpowering and doesn't linger in your hair, but in your shower - and as I share my bathroom with another girl (in a college dorm) I don't want it stinking up the bathroom for hours afterwards! -1

the packaging is AWFUL. First, it doesn't come with anything to hold it in, and you definitely need something if you don't want it to melt into your shower (leaves a gross film on the ledge if you do!) In my experience, DON'T use the shower tin that LUSH also carries - it gets stuck in there and impossible to take out, which is why I had to throw the whole thing out! Major bummer. -1

It burns my eyes when I get it even NEAR them. Like, I didn't even think I had any on my hands and when I touched my eyelid, my eye STUNG. -1

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo! I think that it's easier to use than shampoos in liquid form. I just make sure that my hands are wet, I rub the bar between my hands to make a nice lather and then apply it on my hair. It foams extremely well although I was very doubtful about it at first!

NEW! smells like a mixture of cinnamon and peppermint. The scent of the bar is very strong and makes me feels sick but it doesn't smell at all after I have applied it on my hair. If it was as strong in my hair or worse if it lingered on my hair I couldn't use it.

NEW! leaves my hair very shiny and clean but it's not volumising at all.

I will repurchase. It's also very easy to travel with this product and you don't need to carry bottles with you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My husband and I both love this stuff! I have baby fine blonde hair prone to breakage, and I was afraid this stuff would be too harsh. However, I use it with Tres Semme Conditioner and Moroccan oil, and the combo is perfect! My hair has thickened up noticeably, and always looks shiny and full. My husband has very oily hair and could not go a day without washing before without looking like an oil factory. With this his hair actually looks fresh the day after washing! This is a little bit pricey but to be cost effective we make sure not to leave the puck in the shower, to dry it fully on wax paper, and we use a Tupperware to store it, I know they also sell the tin thing at LUSH but we did not buy it due to bad reviews on the internet. However, the trick is probably the same for that as for the Tupperware, and that is letting it dry all the way before putting it in or lining the inside with wax paper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

I am on my second bar of this, so yes I would buy it again. I am not a LUSH fan by any means, in fact, I find LUSH in general overhyped and certainly overpriced. But I really like this shampoo bar. It doesn't dry my hair and I find myself having better hair days while using it. The bar lasts quite awhile, I was surprised. It seems to last longer than most shampoo bottles I have. Anyway, I don't have any new hair that I notice, or doesn't really seem to help with shedding, but it doesn't make it worse. I generally shed a lot of hair anyway, so I don't notice it helping there. But a great shampoo, I use this when I want to help make sure I have a good hair day :) I normally have to do a quick wash with the bar, then follow behind a second time to get it good and clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by evilmonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to love this 7 or 8 years ago, and it really did help with the hair loss problems that I was having due to hormonal issues. The bar lasts a long time, it cleans well, and it improves circulation and hair growth. The downside is that it's really really drying and it can leave red stains in the shower, so make sure to rinse off any residue.
I remembered this working really well in the past, so I decided to buy it again, and it left my hair completely parched after one wash. It took two treatments with a hair mask before my hair was back to normal, and my hair isn't processed or treated with heat.
Almost a decade ago I was still a teen with oily hair, and the drying property was a plus, now that my hair is normal, it was definitely a con.
The shampoo did what it claims to do and it speeds up hair growth, but it's really really drying. It's great for oily hair, but it is too drying for normal hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by SinominGirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first shampoo bar I've tried. Lathers very well, but this should be no suprise as it is full of SLS (specifically sodium laureth sulfate I think - not exactly the most skin-friendly chemical).

Of course, similar to all soap-like things, this also crumbles as it gets smaller and thinner. However, this is only a small disadvantage.

I did not notice any new growth, nor less shedding while using this. I used up two bars. This absolutely doesn't insist that it should'nt work for anyone else though.

Pros:

- Pleasant, not overpowering smell.
- Lathers well.
- Goes a long way.
- No unnecessary packaging.
- Gives hope for those with thinnig, floppy hair.
- Not tested on animals.
- Quite good for clarifying.

Cons:

- May not work exactly the way one would expect.
- Contains SLS.
- May be a bit too harsh (may need some good contitioner afterwards).
- A bit pricy, and didn't last as long as much (more) it cost compared to well-known drugstore brands.

Despite a few uncomfortable aspects, it's worth a try. I'm not entirely convinced that the improvement some people encounter isn't from the fact that with this shampoo, you need to massage the scalp a bit more to spread the stuff properly, but who knows. It might as well be the result of the natural ingredients, or the faith invested in this products effectiveness. It just didn't do anything special for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No