LUSH Solid Shampoo

4.1

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nettle and Peppermint Infusion (Urtica dioica and Mentha piperita), Glycerine, Nettle Absolute (Urtica urens), Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus officinalis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), *Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 73360, Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum cassia) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 1/13/2012 9:37:00 PM

I was introduced about a week ago to Lush products, starting with the Seanik shampoo bar. My husband bought it for himself, and I tried it an loved it, so decided to get more Lush just for me!
I looked into all the different bars, and decided to go with New! Ladies and gents, I am now a Lush addict!
This stuff smells divine, and cleans your hair so well. The idea of a shampoo bar is so fun too. I think I'm a convert, and am going back to get more Lush products this weekend. :) My husband is kind of obsessed too.
The only thing I don't love is having to dry the bar in the tin, but it's not too bad. I just stand it up on its edge for a bit then place it back in the tin.

on 12/12/2011 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

love love love this product! it has made my hair so much softer and healthier overall. it is a little more difficult to use as a bar and it costs quite a bit but it lasts a long time and it lathers so well. i love the smell of this - not a scent i would have picked out myself - but this was recommended to me by the SA and i'm so glad she did. definitely worth it!!!

on 10/27/2011 11:07:00 PM

Cinnamon! A lot of people have had bits of trouble with having to dry out their shampoo bars, but I have a vertical soap holder in my shower that I just hang it in, which is convenient for me! That being said, I like it! It's a fairly understated scent, but it's a lot of fun when you're using it. And like all the Lush shampoo bars, it lasts well and I'm always surprised by how little I have to use to get a good lather going. The cinnamon sticks can snag when you run it through your hair, which is a shame, but the brick is otherwise very solid!

on 8/28/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Bought this because I was shedding a lot of hair. 1 bar later the shedding slowed down (not sure if it was because of this or just hormonal changes).

Pros:
-Accelerates growth of new hair!! I was very surprised a few days ago when I noticed I had tons of baby hair which I have never noticed before. It has been about 3 months since I used this and the growth is about 4 cms long so the facts match... so I guess it's thanks to this shampoo?
-Smells nice
-Cleans well
-Makes my hair light and shiny
-Economical if you store it properly

Cons:
-A bit drying - you will need to use a conditioner
- Can be messy to use

Definitely will buy this again and again. I tried Ultimate Shine but that one made my scalp really dry.

on 8/26/2011 7:39:00 PM

I bought New! a few years ago when it was new to the market, and it's one I would buy again. I didn't notice any real difference to my thinning hair, I suspect mine is genetic. But it is easy to use and as I like the smell of cinnamon and cloves (not peppermint, as some have said) I'm a fan of the aroma.
Like all the LUSH shampoos let it dry out of its tin (which you don't need anyway) for storage. My bar did have quite a bit of raw cinnamon bark in it, which wasn't all that pleasant when it caught in my hair, so I found myself picking those bits out of the bar. It lasted well, and I was able to use it up to the last, tiny scrap (unlike Godiva). I have baby fine, straight hair that tends to oiliness and it seems to suit my hair well. I am lucky to have very soft water so lather was no problem at all. Do buy this, but don't bother with the tin.

on 8/8/2011 10:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm into my second bar (not consecutively) and do notice less falling hair during shampooing. It's good for my oily scalp and gentle on my dry hair. Overall very pleased.

The scent is very herbally/cinnamony... not great but doesn't bother me.

on 4/30/2011 1:43:00 AM

I've been suffering from a steady hair loss for years now. After countless tests from my doctor's clinic, he still couldn't figure out why except its hormonal. Upon the recommendation of my friend, I decided to try Mane n' Tail shampoo and conditioner. It didn't work for me. My hair even became drier and straw-like despite the conditioner. After reading the reviews here, I decided to take the plunge and head off to Lush. I love the smell of cinnamon and was surprised how sudsy it was after only a couple of swipes on my wet hair. I tried to keep it as far from the shower as possible to keep it from melting. For now, I noticed some reduction to the hair shedding but nothing major yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i have been using this shampoo bar since last 5 years or so...alternating it with other shampoos once in a while...this shampoo has worked for me,love the smell , easy to use and more importantly ma hair has stopped fallin...i lose 40 to 60 strands of hair every time i use any other shampoo ,with this one it comes down to 6 to 10 strands of hair...when i stared using this shampoo ma hair was long and i had lot of broken hair , which used to make me look like a porcupine,ma hair was over exposed to heat(thanks to tongs and straightner)and super dry.... and now ma hair qwality is perfect,its thick, soft ,long and voluminous.i only use two products on ma hair, one is new!hair shampoo bar and the other one is kersastase oleo relax masque ,together they have done wonders to ma hair.... ma only problem with this product is that it contains SLS:(

on 4/17/2011 11:21:00 PM

Normally I don't review products because I am honestly too lazy, but OHMY GOD i had to review this one because of my horrible experience. I used this shampoo bar everyday for a month, and yes, I did notice my hair growing faster. But along with that, it started falling out in clumps! To begin with, I had fine, blonde hair, and lots of it. I think i lost about 1/5 of my hair, which is a whole effing lot. I'm SO upset. I think it even increased breakage. This product did the adverse of what it was supposed to help with. It will take YEARS for my hair regrow to its full length, if it will even regrow at all. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless you want to go bald. It also dried out my hair a lot, even though I used a heavy conditioner.

on 3/20/2011 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

its super drying which i do not recommend buyers to use it everyday. or must top it up with hair conditioner after using this shampoo. not very sure about the decrease in hair loss as i only use it twice a week as a clarifying shampoo and on other days use Tsubaki (a japanese brand)...lathers well though

Top Rated LUSH Products