September 19, 2014 | 1749 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by tripleL

I received a free sample size of this from Sephora but there was enough in there to last me a few months. This really doesn't have any whitening effects at all, which did not surprise me because I fail to see how a product that stays on your skin for such a small amount of time could have any substantial effects. As a cleanser, it smells okay and is very deep-cleaning but leaves my face feeling tighter/dryer afterward than with other cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by brownskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Superb cleanser. Very gentle yet effective. I love how it foams and how you only need a tiny amount each time to clean your whole face. It really gets rid of dirt and oil and even sunscreen. It leaves skin feeling refreshed and thoroughly clean but NOT dry or tight. After drying your skin feels soft and hydrated and it looks brighter. Of course it is pretty expensive for a cleanser, but one tube will last a long time since a little goes a long way with this one so its worth it in my opinion. I'm really happy to finally find a cleanser that I LOVE. Also, I should mention that I'm using Retin A so I have to be careful to use products that don't irritate my skin, and this definitely does not irritate skin. I would recommend this for sensitive skin in general. However, I'm not sure whether its ingredients are completely safe because this product is not listed on the Skin Deep website, but I'm guessing it's rated 5/10 like Shiseido's other cleansers. Check out the Skin Deep website for yourself to read more information. But until I find a more natural alternative I'm sticking with this!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by meow730

I have used this cleanser for about one year and I can't say the whitening affects are permanent. After you rinse it off, your face does become brighter, but it only lasts a few minutes. I have combination skin and this does not leave my skin dry and tight. I usually use an eye makeup remover before I use this and everything will rinse off. I find that this cleanser will not remove waterproof mascaras.

I will not repurchase this because I still have half a tube left after one year and I would like to try something else. But I don't use this cleanser everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by westley

I always seem to come back to shiseido's foaming cleansers, this one by far is my favorite though. I have noticed that is has helped the discoloration on my nose. I'm very happy with the results. :]

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by vivalabiba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2 weeks and before that I was using Chanel, and let me tell you I can see and feel the difference in my face. My face is smooth and glowing. I love it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sipsmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Does not remove makeup well, and even if you take your makeup off and use this cleanser your face somehow feel dirty after washing with this. It leaves some kind of residue on my skin and my face never felt really clean afterwards so I would always end up following up with another cleanser. It also left my skin dry and tight. I didn't notice any whitening effects and if there was it was only temporary as other people have stated. Got a few of these tubes in gift sets but since a little goes a long way the small tube really lasted. I would not pay full price $34 for this. Drugstore cleansers have worked better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

Very pricey but gorgeous cleanser. I wish the scent was made into a perfume the smell is divine. A small amount foamed up surprisingly well. Didn't notice any lightening however, but leaves skin feeling very clean and smooth. I definitely recommend as a dirt/oil/makeup removing cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:12:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

If you buy this in hopes it would brighten/whiten your skin---look elsewhere. No facewash on earth will do that, no matter how expensive. While it does not whiten, it is excellent as a cleanser. I've used low and high end cosmetics, and it's highway robbery what these cosmetics company will charge you, but I will buy this ridiculously expensive cleanser because it works. I've tried all the drugstore moisturizers out there just to rinse off any residues from my face (it really is impossible to remove all traces of Shiseido SPF 60+ in one step), and they have all left my face feeling tight that when you rub the back of your finger back & forth against your cheeks, the skin's so taut and sticky that you can almost hear it squeak. This is one of the 3 cleansers that will thoroughly cleanse my skin but will not strip the natural oils. Afterwards, my skin feels clean and soft, and when I smile, my face doesn't crack because it's so dry. For reference, I use Aveeno oatmeal bar, Obagi cleanser, and Shiseido. Out of the three, I prefer the Shiseido. It is expensive, but I only use a pea-sized amount, so a tube can last me 3-4 months. It's probably not an added benefit of this cleanser, but I love how cleanly it rinses. For other cleansers, I have to put my face under the shower and use my hands to rinse it off for 5-10 seconds. With this one, I swear to god I stick my face under the shower and in 1 second, everything rinses off. Nothing too relevant, but it makes me happy =)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

this cleanser did clean my skin well, but it felt a tiny bit tight after. it did keep my skin tone even and a bit brighter, but because i play sports, and i'm in the sun everyday (plus my skin is already tanned), it does more of a prevent more tanning, then lighten.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by haramie

This item really truly works. I use this with Clarisonic, but you don't have to and you'd get the same benefits. My face is brightened, brown spots are lightened, and my face didn't look this good due to a brightening facial product ever before. I've tried prescription hyperpigmentation brighteners and they didn't work as well as this. I began seeing results when my bottle was about 1/4 gone, so take your time. Use small amounts. One downside is, of course, the price.