Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

3.9

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

on 10/6/2010 9:53:00 PM

I feel cleansing is the most crucial part of your skin care routine and spending big bucks on a quality cleanser is no problem for me. I use a make-up remover prior to washing my face with the cleanser to get the full cleansing effect. Beautiful light smell and creamy straight out of the tube. Rub for a few seconds to get a gorgeous whipped foam. I find that after applying the cleanser to my face and neck I used small circular motions all over my face paying particular attention to oily areas (I learned this while living in Japan ^^). Just a little bit of water lightly splashed onto the face will remove the cleanser without residue. Japanese skincare teaches to avoid rubbing the face when rinsing it and to lightly splash the skin with water. As for whitening, of course it won't have a lasting effect as it's a cleanser but after prolonged use it does keep skin looking frsh and bright. Overall, beautiful cleanser. A little goes a verryy long way. Will definitely be using it for a long time.

on 10/6/2010 3:26:00 AM

One of the best cleanser i even tried. It cleansed well, without dryness, lovely smell, very clean feeling. Less is more for this cleanser, each time i only use small pea size. My husband also loved this. I wouldn't mind paying $57 for 125ml cleanser. As long as it works. IMO i find this much better than SKII FTE cleanser. I do use bodyshop facial brush with this cleanser, helps to exfoliates.

on 8/29/2010 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Like all other Shiseido cleansers, this one left my skin feeling *squeaky* clean, which imo is too much. It's very creamy and foams very well but It feels like I took soap to my face after i rinse it off. needless to say, i will not be repurchasing this item or any other Shiseido cleansers.

on 7/28/2010 10:55:00 PM

Pro:

A tiny amount of this product goes a long way. It will last you a long time. Forms a thick pleasant foam. Soothing rose smell. It removes all or of most of the make-up. Leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized.

Con:

If you get this product in your eyes or in the nose, it will burn.

There is a 60% chance that I will re-purchase this product. The only reason I would not repurchase is that I use my cleanser on my eye for the removal of eye make-up and can easy get this in my eye.

on 7/20/2010 2:41:00 PM

I received a free sample size of this from Sephora but there was enough in there to last me a few months. This really doesn't have any whitening effects at all, which did not surprise me because I fail to see how a product that stays on your skin for such a small amount of time could have any substantial effects. As a cleanser, it smells okay and is very deep-cleaning but leaves my face feeling tighter/dryer afterward than with other cleansers.

on 7/4/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Superb cleanser. Very gentle yet effective. I love how it foams and how you only need a tiny amount each time to clean your whole face. It really gets rid of dirt and oil and even sunscreen. It leaves skin feeling refreshed and thoroughly clean but NOT dry or tight. After drying your skin feels soft and hydrated and it looks brighter. Of course it is pretty expensive for a cleanser, but one tube will last a long time since a little goes a long way with this one so its worth it in my opinion. I'm really happy to finally find a cleanser that I LOVE. Also, I should mention that I'm using Retin A so I have to be careful to use products that don't irritate my skin, and this definitely does not irritate skin. I would recommend this for sensitive skin in general. However, I'm not sure whether its ingredients are completely safe because this product is not listed on the Skin Deep website, but I'm guessing it's rated 5/10 like Shiseido's other cleansers. Check out the Skin Deep website for yourself to read more information. But until I find a more natural alternative I'm sticking with this!

on 7/4/2010 12:37:00 PM

I have used this cleanser for about one year and I can't say the whitening affects are permanent. After you rinse it off, your face does become brighter, but it only lasts a few minutes. I have combination skin and this does not leave my skin dry and tight. I usually use an eye makeup remover before I use this and everything will rinse off. I find that this cleanser will not remove waterproof mascaras.

I will not repurchase this because I still have half a tube left after one year and I would like to try something else. But I don't use this cleanser everyday.

on 6/25/2010 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I always seem to come back to shiseido's foaming cleansers, this one by far is my favorite though. I have noticed that is has helped the discoloration on my nose. I'm very happy with the results. :]

on 6/3/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for about 2 weeks and before that I was using Chanel, and let me tell you I can see and feel the difference in my face. My face is smooth and glowing. I love it :)

on 5/11/2010 3:15:00 AM

Does not remove makeup well, and even if you take your makeup off and use this cleanser your face somehow feel dirty after washing with this. It leaves some kind of residue on my skin and my face never felt really clean afterwards so I would always end up following up with another cleanser. It also left my skin dry and tight. I didn't notice any whitening effects and if there was it was only temporary as other people have stated. Got a few of these tubes in gift sets but since a little goes a long way the small tube really lasted. I would not pay full price $34 for this. Drugstore cleansers have worked better for me.