August 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the CVS generic of this product but I am sure it's basically the same. This is an excellent products. I mainly use it on my feet which are very dry this winter. It took about a week but my heels are looking much smoother. I put in on my feet in the morning and then put socks over it. It smells a little bit like sour milk but I am OK with it. The smell doesn't linger long.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Syrie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Since I ran out of my Alpha Hydrox last month, and my local Walgreens don't seem to carry their version of AH anymore, I saw this on the shelf and picked up the 4.9 fl oz tube. It seems to be intended for body use but I checked out the ingredients, saw the pH of 4.5 (which is the same as AH) and the other ones like mineral oil and glycerin, which my dry and sensitive skin loves.
I've been using it for this entire month on my face (and my feet, I might add) and I LOVE it. It's more cost effective than AH and works just as well, if not better. My skin has fewer bumps and clogged pores, and no flakes at all. I don't manually exfoliate in addition to this because I have fairly sensitive skin and am prone to broken capillaries, so I have to rely on chemical exfoliation. This is 99.9% better than any face cream out there on the market...but shhhh....before everybody finds out and they raise the price.
Im attaching a recent picture of me, people say my skin looks pretty good...I'm 38.
UPDATE: This is the first product I've ever cut open the tube when I couldn't squeeze any more of it out to scrape it off the inside--it's that good. HG material for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by rabbit5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, this product is so effective, that it has changed my life. I read the previous reviews and decided to try this on my face. When I went to purchase this lotion, I was a little shocked by the price tag for a drugstore product, but purchased it anyway. I noticed an immediate difference from the first application. I have been using it a little over a week now. I apply this under my makeup in the morning and I no longer need to worry about my facial oil (I previously had to touch up all day long, despite using expensive oil control products and retin-A, etc). This is the only product that has worked for me in that regard. In that sense, it was life changing, because my facial oil was a constant worry for me. I now use it everywhere, and my hands have also never been so soft. It also works great as an eye cream. Also, it is the only product that has cleared my back acne. Has eliminated the need for multiple products and really streamlined my routine. If you have any of the problems that I had, please try this.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Kelsimariexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, i originally bought this product for my mild KP, I've been applying it right after i get out of the shower, and it seems to be improving after only a week of use. The bumps on my legs have smoothed out a bit and the discoloration is fading more every time i use it. But the reason i LOVE this stuff is for my face. I had always had nice skin, small pores, and hardly any acne, but this winter my skin took a crap, turning rough, dull, and uneven, with large pores and a bit of acne. My face had never done this before and i could not figure out why for the life of me. I only recently realized that my skin became this way because the moisturizer i had been using for 3+ years and recently had to throw away contained AHA, so i decided to give this stuff a try. I put just a tiny bit on over the rough spots on my face, over a heavier moisturizer, and no joke, in 1 hour my skin already looked smoother and less dull. After 48 hours my skin looks about 75% better, my pores and have shrunk considerably, and all the rough skin has been smoothed out.
It's a little expensive for what you get, but it's so worth it if it keeps my skin looking healthy and beautiful. (:

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought this for my body but after reading some of the reviews I decided to try it on my face. The first night, I used just the smallest amount. I had no burning/irritation at all. Each night I increased the amount I used until now a week later, I'm putting it on like any of my regular face creams. I use it only at night. When I wake up my skin is sooo incredibly soft. The tone is more even and I've noticed some of my sun spots lightening up! This has gotten rid of some of the chronically dry areas on my face and it hasn't clogged the pores on the more oily areas. In fact, my skin looks smooth and almost..glowing! Now, this product isn't for the face and it warns of irritation if you use it there..however, I have had nothing but excellent results. For $12 it is worth it, because even if you can't use it on your face, it will make your legs butter soft and those dry elbows will be history!
EDIT: The longer I use this..the better my skin looks. Seriously, this stuff is amazing!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I have been using Amlactin for ten years. I use it from head to toe even. I first was told to use this after a bad bout of cracked, dry and bleeding heels. It healed it very quickly. So now I always smear it on my feet at night and put on socks and go to bed. I wake up with baby soft feet. In the winter I use this allover my body 3-5 times a week. I have very dry, itchy winter skin. I used to get KP on my arms, but I have not had another bout with KP in years because of my continuous use of this product. It's awesome to keep away ingrown hairs, great for dry hands and cuticles and I even have used it on dry patches on my face. Because I am prone to clogged pores on my face, I am careful with using it there BUT I have put this allover my face as a mask for about an hour and then washed it off. My skin looks much more hydrated afterward. MY son gets KP too and he uses it daily and loves it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by agapeteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lotion hoping it would help decrease the ingrown hairs I get on the backs of my thighs (I know, random place for ingrowns). While I don't think it did much to decrease the ingrowns it did make my skin incredibley soft. The smell isn't very attractive but it fades pretty fast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I use the 12% lactic acid lotion once a day all over my body. It keeps my skin smooth and soft. Lactic acid both exfoliates and moisturizes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Debaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Started using this for KP on dermatologist recommendation. It works on the KP and on the rest of the body as well. Keeps the skin very soft. I also use it on my face sometimes. It's a great multi tasking workhorse no frills product at a great price point. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by LadyValea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased at Costco!! its a clinically proven formula using Alpha Hydroxy Therapy!! Great for feet, elbow, arms and legs!!
No more bumpy bumps on your arms!!
Just make sure you have no tiny cuts on your legs or hands, it will sting!! But this stuff works!!!!