Dior Poison

3.4

I don`t like this perfume although at my childhood there was an obsession
regards this one every body considered it then the top fragrance
but I still think it is noisy & unflattering also turn my stomach especially
during hot weather as I consider it totally a winter fragrance
P.S my mother likes it so much & considered very elegant

on 2/21/2010 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first encountered this in a magazine scent strip in 1986. At first, I thought it was the worst perfume I'd ever smelled. But I couldn't stop sniffing it. There was something so unsettling and decadent about it. I ended up wearing it for about 5 years. (Sounds like a cliche, I know, but I didn' t know anyone else who wore it. The air in Southern Indiana at the time was filled with Giorgio and Obsession.) I still have a perverse fondness for it, but nowadays I prefer much lighter fragrances.

on 1/28/2010 11:58:00 PM

PROS: Strong but not harsh.

CONS: You better like a sweet smell. Used to wear long ago til my brother (who was one who didn't like the scent) told me I spelled like sweetened cat urine! It ruined it for me. lol Another con: expensive.

on 1/22/2010 4:14:00 AM

I just love to smell this one from the bottle but as soon as I spray it on myself - it turns into nasty chemically plastic-y smell!Why oh why, my body chemistry is so difficult to please! Staying power is great! and Body lotion smells nice and quite strong! If you use lotion and one spritz of perfume it will last all day long!

on 1/17/2010 6:28:00 PM

You are in a Transylvanian forrest lost. A terrible storm is brewing with thunder crashing all around you with wind whipping you around like a rag doll. You need shelter desperately. You trudge along for miles in this hellish nightmare you are in and in the distance between the strikes of lightening you see a stone castle. Running like a mad person to seek the shelter of this castle you are sudden in front of its gothic, wooden doors. Growing on the hinges of these doors is a massive, thorny vine of red berries. The scent of these berries is very pungent and bitter. You knock on the door and it slowly creaks upon. Noone is to be seen or heard so you enter this terrifying castle and walk down a corridor illuminated by torches on the sides of the walls. Suddenly, upstairs, you hear shreiks and loud cackling. You walk up the winding staircase and when you get to the top you see a room at the end of the hall where the sound is coming from. Towards this room you trepidly walk and the smell of red wine hits you. Strong, cheap red wine. You stand in the doorway of this room and it is lit completely in red and there are ten women in the room. TThey are satanic witches and they are all bowing before an efigy of their god....Poison perfume. Upon an alter in its purpleish, black bottle sits a bottle of poison.....the witches god. They are downing gallons of red wine and they all have necklaces of those red berries around their necks. The thorns are punkering their skin and blood is oozing out and the scent of it is mingling with the red wine and berries. There is a thick vine of jasmine completely engulfing this evil room. This is the scene i think of whenever i wear Christian Dior's Poison.

on 12/23/2009 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The scent is nice (it's a signature scent after all), but it's definitely meant for older women. I accidentally dropped the bottle on the carpet, the cap popped off and around 20 mL was spilled. Tried to wash it away with no success. That was Sunday, and now it's Wednesday; and my room still smells of Poison perfume. I'm getting a bit nauseous from the expensive Febreeze. I'm not sure if this comes in a spray bottle now, but that would definitely be better than the traditional stopper plug.

on 12/23/2009 8:55:00 AM

I first bought this perfume on the ferry across the English Channel to the White Cliffs of Dover. I couldn't spray it fast enough. That was 22 years ago and I still can remember the excitement. It is a gorgeous scent and needs to be worn by those who can handle it. Intoxicating and real men LOVE it!

on 12/23/2009 8:11:00 AM

I'll always have a bottle of this in the Eau de Toilette or the EdP. Not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, it's magic. Wore it as a teen and also when I got married. Never smelled anything quite like it -- juicy, musky and with a rich retro vibe -- it smells of proper perfume. Probably one of the most original tuberose scents out there, niche included. It's one of my HG tuberose perfumes, along with Luten's Tubereuse Criminelle and Mahora. I'd take Poison over the other two every time, for the dark plushness and nostalgia. What a masterpiece.

on 12/16/2009 4:29:00 AM

i love the berry and spice notes that emerge. there is nothing else like this out there in my book. apply with a light hand and enjoy!

on 12/12/2009 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, some retailers no longer carry Poison, but I've found it online at a great price. It's a rich fragrance and will go a long way. I've used it since it first hit the shelves and I'll always love it.

Popular Fragrances