August 1, 2014 | 1777 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:11:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'll always have a bottle of this in the Eau de Toilette or the EdP. Not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, it's magic. Wore it as a teen and also when I got married. Never smelled anything quite like it -- juicy, musky and with a rich retro vibe -- it smells of proper perfume. Probably one of the most original tuberose scents out there, niche included. It's one of my HG tuberose perfumes, along with Luten's Tubereuse Criminelle and Mahora. I'd take Poison over the other two every time, for the dark plushness and nostalgia. What a masterpiece.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love the berry and spice notes that emerge. there is nothing else like this out there in my book. apply with a light hand and enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by bsnmsn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, some retailers no longer carry Poison, but I've found it online at a great price. It's a rich fragrance and will go a long way. I've used it since it first hit the shelves and I'll always love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scent, and to many it can be bold and over powering and for many years I have gone back and forth between perfumes. it is very pungent and spicy and smells expensive but it truly is unique. I love the original version of this. The one in the purple bottle and green box. I always feel very grown up wearing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hmmm...this is going to be a strange review. I sprayed this perfume on myself after a girl I met told me about how much she loved this perfume and that it was her signature. I'm still looking for that 'signature' perfume but I was curious and when I used to work at Dior, I would avoid this perfume all the time because of all the negative reviews. But I tried it on, and I swear my eyes nearly started to water. It is so strong initially and I said to my friend, 'now I know why it's called Poison.' But as it settled I had the most wonderful experience with this perfume. It's such a deep and complex perfume. Those of you out there that like the celebrity fragrances, you will absolutely hate Poison. I found the fragrance to be unique and rich but this was a perfume where I could almost understand what they mean when they say 'fragrance notes.' After wearing it for awhile, the perfume again changed and it was something completely new. Okay, I have tried quite a few perfumes now and this one stayed on the longest! The perfume lingered and this is going to sound strange but after I had walked into a room and walked out, I could smell my own perfume trail. That has never happened to me with a perfume! But the really strange thing is that I would only buy this perfume if only it suited me, but I feel that it doesn't. However, I have the utter most respect for it for being so bold, complex and unique! And that's why I give it five lippies.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I had this in Esprit de Parfum (I'm not sure what this is, i'm going to call parfum), I'm not a fan of the EDT which to my nose is over powering, and the delicate complexities are missing.

A dab of this is gorgeous. Even a diehard Poison hating friend of mine complimented me when I was wearing this.

Notes have already been described better than I could, but basically if you like the notes of Poison but don't want to wear it with a sledgehammer I'd recommend the parfum. if you want the sledgehammer effect, spray on some EDT.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

Ick. I know fragrance is a personal opinion... so no offense to anyone who likes this, but I can't believe they're still making this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I have never personally worn this fragrance. I love it however because even the slightest whiff of it will take me back to pleasant years of my childhood when this was the only perfume my mother wore. It is probably the most legendary violet scent ever made. It has a beautiful depth and intensity to it. I remember sometimes just sneaking into my parents' room and heading straight for the dresser so I could pull the cap off of this and inhale the beauty of it. At the time, I thought I would wear it when I grew up, but my fragrance taste have since veered toward the vanilla variety. Judging Poison as an adult, I can certainly say this is not a perfume for the faint of heart. This fragrance is bold and commands attention. It suited my mother perfectly. She's very much a french woman that drew attention to herself with beautiful clothes and always looking immaculately put together. She's a shy woman but a very strong person that dresses with utter confidence. This totally suited the way she looked and her aesthetic. Apparently there is more than one variation on the original, but I've never bothered to smell them. I doubt they hold a candle to this. This will always be a perfume I look at fondly.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Siava

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm also a believer of body chemistry when it comes to perfume. I've smelled this on others and it smelled horrid, but spritzed some on myself and really liked it. A little goes a looooong way. It's potent stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Rolguin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I believe perfume is such a "chemistry thing". Meaning, what works for one woman may or may not work for another. I have been wearing this perfume for over 20 years. To this day, I get compliments regularly. My friends/family have purchased and tried to wear it, but it's not the same (they agree ~ it doesn't even smell the same). It works for me! I always have at least two bottles in the house (because it is on the top of my gift list always). I sometimes try to wear something different (to spice things up a little) but always come back to my old faithful.

For me, this is the stuff confidence, beauty, and sexiness are made of! ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No