October 24, 2014 | 1691 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You are in a Transylvanian forrest lost. A terrible storm is brewing with thunder crashing all around you with wind whipping you around like a rag doll. You need shelter desperately. You trudge along for miles in this hellish nightmare you are in and in the distance between the strikes of lightening you see a stone castle. Running like a mad person to seek the shelter of this castle you are sudden in front of its gothic, wooden doors. Growing on the hinges of these doors is a massive, thorny vine of red berries. The scent of these berries is very pungent and bitter. You knock on the door and it slowly creaks upon. Noone is to be seen or heard so you enter this terrifying castle and walk down a corridor illuminated by torches on the sides of the walls. Suddenly, upstairs, you hear shreiks and loud cackling. You walk up the winding staircase and when you get to the top you see a room at the end of the hall where the sound is coming from. Towards this room you trepidly walk and the smell of red wine hits you. Strong, cheap red wine. You stand in the doorway of this room and it is lit completely in red and there are ten women in the room. TThey are satanic witches and they are all bowing before an efigy of their god....Poison perfume. Upon an alter in its purpleish, black bottle sits a bottle of poison.....the witches god. They are downing gallons of red wine and they all have necklaces of those red berries around their necks. The thorns are punkering their skin and blood is oozing out and the scent of it is mingling with the red wine and berries. There is a thick vine of jasmine completely engulfing this evil room. This is the scene i think of whenever i wear Christian Dior's Poison.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by larojiblanca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The scent is nice (it's a signature scent after all), but it's definitely meant for older women. I accidentally dropped the bottle on the carpet, the cap popped off and around 20 mL was spilled. Tried to wash it away with no success. That was Sunday, and now it's Wednesday; and my room still smells of Poison perfume. I'm getting a bit nauseous from the expensive Febreeze. I'm not sure if this comes in a spray bottle now, but that would definitely be better than the traditional stopper plug.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by jlew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first bought this perfume on the ferry across the English Channel to the White Cliffs of Dover. I couldn't spray it fast enough. That was 22 years ago and I still can remember the excitement. It is a gorgeous scent and needs to be worn by those who can handle it. Intoxicating and real men LOVE it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 8:11:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'll always have a bottle of this in the Eau de Toilette or the EdP. Not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, it's magic. Wore it as a teen and also when I got married. Never smelled anything quite like it -- juicy, musky and with a rich retro vibe -- it smells of proper perfume. Probably one of the most original tuberose scents out there, niche included. It's one of my HG tuberose perfumes, along with Luten's Tubereuse Criminelle and Mahora. I'd take Poison over the other two every time, for the dark plushness and nostalgia. What a masterpiece.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love the berry and spice notes that emerge. there is nothing else like this out there in my book. apply with a light hand and enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by bsnmsn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, some retailers no longer carry Poison, but I've found it online at a great price. It's a rich fragrance and will go a long way. I've used it since it first hit the shelves and I'll always love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scent, and to many it can be bold and over powering and for many years I have gone back and forth between perfumes. it is very pungent and spicy and smells expensive but it truly is unique. I love the original version of this. The one in the purple bottle and green box. I always feel very grown up wearing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hmmm...this is going to be a strange review. I sprayed this perfume on myself after a girl I met told me about how much she loved this perfume and that it was her signature. I'm still looking for that 'signature' perfume but I was curious and when I used to work at Dior, I would avoid this perfume all the time because of all the negative reviews. But I tried it on, and I swear my eyes nearly started to water. It is so strong initially and I said to my friend, 'now I know why it's called Poison.' But as it settled I had the most wonderful experience with this perfume. It's such a deep and complex perfume. Those of you out there that like the celebrity fragrances, you will absolutely hate Poison. I found the fragrance to be unique and rich but this was a perfume where I could almost understand what they mean when they say 'fragrance notes.' After wearing it for awhile, the perfume again changed and it was something completely new. Okay, I have tried quite a few perfumes now and this one stayed on the longest! The perfume lingered and this is going to sound strange but after I had walked into a room and walked out, I could smell my own perfume trail. That has never happened to me with a perfume! But the really strange thing is that I would only buy this perfume if only it suited me, but I feel that it doesn't. However, I have the utter most respect for it for being so bold, complex and unique! And that's why I give it five lippies.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I had this in Esprit de Parfum (I'm not sure what this is, i'm going to call parfum), I'm not a fan of the EDT which to my nose is over powering, and the delicate complexities are missing.

A dab of this is gorgeous. Even a diehard Poison hating friend of mine complimented me when I was wearing this.

Notes have already been described better than I could, but basically if you like the notes of Poison but don't want to wear it with a sledgehammer I'd recommend the parfum. if you want the sledgehammer effect, spray on some EDT.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

Ick. I know fragrance is a personal opinion... so no offense to anyone who likes this, but I can't believe they're still making this.