April 16, 2014 | 1854 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought a set of these when Cherry Culture was having them for $1.00 and they are awesome ! Pigmented and applies very well. Same complaint as others that the packaging needs new design. Also, I do not recommend blending these with moisturizer and putting it on the face as highlighter ( I tried doing that recently and it broke me out). Just use them as shadow or dry highlighting and it's GREAT :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought some NYX pearl maina loose shadows today in baby blue, ocean blue, white, baby pink and silver. I've heard so much great things about NYX products on youtube and I decided to try them out. The colour pay off is excellent for the price. I never even paid any attention to them before because I thought that because they are cheap that they are also tacky. They are unbelievably great for the price. The pot's opening is narrow so its difficult to get a brush in there so I may have to get some pots. Other than that go try some. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ekb81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love these pigments. I have four colors: nude, iced mocha, true purple, and ocean. They apply smoothly with little to no fallout and leave a shimmery, pearlescent finish. They are highly pigmented but definately need an eyeprimer in order to help them last longer and to avoid creasing! The only downside, as many have said before me, is the packaging. I order 10gram jars from Coastal Scents and put my pigments in them. Overall, LOVE this product, great colors with great pigmentation and a super silky feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is overall pretty good. You get great benefits and a lot of product for the price. I was pleased with everything... expect the packaging. What was NYX thinking with that very narrow opening. I mean, they are wrong for that. It is absolutely necessary to convert this into a better container, which I did recently after I purchased them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by picklesrjuiceh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are AWESOME. They're highly pigmented, go on smoothly, blend well, and last a long time. Of course, the packaging is a big pain in the butt but it's worth it, considering the quality & price. One thing I've noticed about these is that they last FOREVER! I only have one, but I've transferred some into a 5g jar, pressed some into a pan, mixed some into some nail polish, added some to a lip gloss, spilled it alot on numerous occasions, and I still have half of it left. It seems like it will never run out, lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jenniferedge

I bought a couple of these from CherryCulture and I love the colors, but the packaging is HORRIBLE, I havent transferred them to other jars yet, so I dont use them very often. My favorite is white pearl, its a great highlighter.. the others.. well, im kind of impatient when it comes to blending, so maybe thats what it is, but these suckers are hard to blend. Overall though, I do like them and for the price, I would buy more and I would def. buy white pearl again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by missjoe

really love the color payoff on this. it's lovely. the only problem with this is the package it comes in. the opening isn't big enough to put most brushes in, so i tap some in the lid and end up wasting a lot. i suppose that for the price, it doesn't matter though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by LotusBlossom34

LOVE this product! I was hesitant to try a loose eyeshadow cause I was afraid it would just fall all over my lashes and cheeks but it actually stays! I apply it over the Lancome Ombre Perfect eyeshadow base w/ a lancome eyeshadow brush and the colours are truly pigmented and so pretty and pearly. I didn't even have loose powder all over my face and it has good staying power...thought the base probably helped a lot. The colours are well pigmented and have a great sheen. If you like Bobbi Brown shimmer brick eyeshadows, these deserve a try cause they are more pigmented than the bobbi brown but just as pearly and at a small fraction of the price. Nyx really is a great cosmetics line w/ an even greater price but with equal quality of higher end lines!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree w/ everything the last reviewer said. The color is gorgeous and the color payoff is fabulous. It goes on like silk and stays put.

I also agree w/ the packaging..don't like that at all. I seem to waste alot of it by dumping it on my hand to even be able to use the product. I will be purchasing some little jars to empty this into..and then all will be well.

It's a gorgeous champagney shade with just a small amount of shimmer. Nothing over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sweetzrv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product is absolutely fabulous, i think most NYX products are great. I love the pigmentation of this product and its so easy to use and blend. The price is absolutely great also. For such a cheap product you get an expensive result. One draw back with them though is the packaging. I would empty out the pigment in a jar for better use and to get a better brush pick up. but these pigments are absolutely GREAT. If you haven't tried them, its worth going out and locating them. you can get them from www.nyxcosmetics.com or i think www.cherryculture.com are the two popular online sites for purchasing. I know they are sometimes available at Ulta and you can also find them in some DollarTree stores.