October 25, 2014 | 1066 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to Walmart to get the Craft Mates 'Locking Caddy' which has 14 compartments that flcutiepye mentioned in her review. I also looked for these there but didn't find any makeup from NYX there. I haven't looked at Ulta for these yet, but I found some shades at a local Asian accessory store for $1.50. I bought Mink (golden beige) & Mocha (light taupe brown).

I emptied the pigments into the container & I wanted to see if the Craft Mates would hold them so I turned them upside down, then upright again & SOME PIGMENT LEAKED OUT THE SIDES & INTO THE COMPARTMENTS NEXT TO IT!! So, I'm not recommending the container (unless you're super careful & never drop it or turn it upside down)... maybe little jars would work better.

********EDIT**********
Bought the whole lot of 24 shades on ebay (for $25 shipped) & I also bought these jars w/ sifters & they are PERFECT (plus this seller rocks! free shipping & received in 2 days!):

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by tangerinetomato

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are fabulous, I have about 7 of them stored in a pill box because the packaging sucks so much. The price is sooo cheap which is good because I rarely use pigments, and I rarely use the same color twice....so I don't want to pay $20 for some bright green shadow I'll use like 3 times just for fun. They're great just to have to play with. They're sooo bright and pigmented, but kinda hard to use sometimes because they're so dusty and you get lots of fall out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by vixen503

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Grass, Jade, and Yellow. (along with others, which I already wrote reviews on) Grass is a light minty green shimmer that is nicely pigmented. Jade is a bolder green, ad lookks pretty with grass. Yellow is a bright, pineapple-ish color. All three are beautiful, very affordable and are great for the summer. Becsides the packging, i'd recommend these colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought a set of these when Cherry Culture was having them for $1.00 and they are awesome ! Pigmented and applies very well. Same complaint as others that the packaging needs new design. Also, I do not recommend blending these with moisturizer and putting it on the face as highlighter ( I tried doing that recently and it broke me out). Just use them as shadow or dry highlighting and it's GREAT :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought some NYX pearl maina loose shadows today in baby blue, ocean blue, white, baby pink and silver. I've heard so much great things about NYX products on youtube and I decided to try them out. The colour pay off is excellent for the price. I never even paid any attention to them before because I thought that because they are cheap that they are also tacky. They are unbelievably great for the price. The pot's opening is narrow so its difficult to get a brush in there so I may have to get some pots. Other than that go try some. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ekb81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love these pigments. I have four colors: nude, iced mocha, true purple, and ocean. They apply smoothly with little to no fallout and leave a shimmery, pearlescent finish. They are highly pigmented but definately need an eyeprimer in order to help them last longer and to avoid creasing! The only downside, as many have said before me, is the packaging. I order 10gram jars from Coastal Scents and put my pigments in them. Overall, LOVE this product, great colors with great pigmentation and a super silky feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is overall pretty good. You get great benefits and a lot of product for the price. I was pleased with everything... expect the packaging. What was NYX thinking with that very narrow opening. I mean, they are wrong for that. It is absolutely necessary to convert this into a better container, which I did recently after I purchased them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by picklesrjuiceh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are AWESOME. They're highly pigmented, go on smoothly, blend well, and last a long time. Of course, the packaging is a big pain in the butt but it's worth it, considering the quality & price. One thing I've noticed about these is that they last FOREVER! I only have one, but I've transferred some into a 5g jar, pressed some into a pan, mixed some into some nail polish, added some to a lip gloss, spilled it alot on numerous occasions, and I still have half of it left. It seems like it will never run out, lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jenniferedge

I bought a couple of these from CherryCulture and I love the colors, but the packaging is HORRIBLE, I havent transferred them to other jars yet, so I dont use them very often. My favorite is white pearl, its a great highlighter.. the others.. well, im kind of impatient when it comes to blending, so maybe thats what it is, but these suckers are hard to blend. Overall though, I do like them and for the price, I would buy more and I would def. buy white pearl again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by missjoe

really love the color payoff on this. it's lovely. the only problem with this is the package it comes in. the opening isn't big enough to put most brushes in, so i tap some in the lid and end up wasting a lot. i suppose that for the price, it doesn't matter though!