NYX Ultra Pearl Mania

Price: $

Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide

on 7/27/2009 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I absolutely LOVE these pigments. I bought all 30 colors from Cherry Culture when NYX was having their 50% off sale. With the primer, the staying power is awesome. The colors are absolutely vibrant. I used to have a little difficulty with the fallout, but every since I put Soft Ochre paint pot on top of my e/s primer, the fallout has been pretty minimal. I actually pressed all of them as well and I STILL have about 2/3 - 1/2 left in the tiny jars. For the price, these are absolutely amazing. The packaging is something NYX definitely needs to fix, but you can always buy some bead/jewelry storage bins from a craft store for less than $5.00. I absolutely would buy these again.

on 7/27/2009 1:03:00 AM

HG product for sure. You get so much pigment for such a redonkulous price. They go on so smoothly, blend beautifully, shimmer without looking cheap, and a little goes a long way. I have "high-end" eyeshadows that don't hold a candle to these little boos. There's currently 30 colours to choose from, and are $2 USD a pop. (But, with a bit a searching, you can find them online for half that.)

Now, all NYX has to do is fix the packaging. =)

on 7/19/2009 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love these pigments. I bought a few to try them out and the colors were so beautiful and vibrant. I cant wait to get them all.

on 7/16/2009 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went to Walmart to get the Craft Mates 'Locking Caddy' which has 14 compartments that flcutiepye mentioned in her review. I also looked for these there but didn't find any makeup from NYX there. I haven't looked at Ulta for these yet, but I found some shades at a local Asian accessory store for $1.50. I bought Mink (golden beige) & Mocha (light taupe brown).

I emptied the pigments into the container & I wanted to see if the Craft Mates would hold them so I turned them upside down, then upright again & SOME PIGMENT LEAKED OUT THE SIDES & INTO THE COMPARTMENTS NEXT TO IT!! So, I'm not recommending the container (unless you're super careful & never drop it or turn it upside down)... maybe little jars would work better.

********EDIT**********
Bought the whole lot of 24 shades on ebay (for $25 shipped) & I also bought these jars w/ sifters & they are PERFECT (plus this seller rocks! free shipping & received in 2 days!):

These are fabulous, I have about 7 of them stored in a pill box because the packaging sucks so much. The price is sooo cheap which is good because I rarely use pigments, and I rarely use the same color twice....so I don't want to pay $20 for some bright green shadow I'll use like 3 times just for fun. They're great just to have to play with. They're sooo bright and pigmented, but kinda hard to use sometimes because they're so dusty and you get lots of fall out.

on 6/25/2009 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I bought Grass, Jade, and Yellow. (along with others, which I already wrote reviews on) Grass is a light minty green shimmer that is nicely pigmented. Jade is a bolder green, ad lookks pretty with grass. Yellow is a bright, pineapple-ish color. All three are beautiful, very affordable and are great for the summer. Becsides the packging, i'd recommend these colors.

on 6/19/2009 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Bought a set of these when Cherry Culture was having them for $1.00 and they are awesome ! Pigmented and applies very well. Same complaint as others that the packaging needs new design. Also, I do not recommend blending these with moisturizer and putting it on the face as highlighter ( I tried doing that recently and it broke me out). Just use them as shadow or dry highlighting and it's GREAT :)

on 6/1/2009 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought some NYX pearl maina loose shadows today in baby blue, ocean blue, white, baby pink and silver. I've heard so much great things about NYX products on youtube and I decided to try them out. The colour pay off is excellent for the price. I never even paid any attention to them before because I thought that because they are cheap that they are also tacky. They are unbelievably great for the price. The pot's opening is narrow so its difficult to get a brush in there so I may have to get some pots. Other than that go try some. :)

on 5/23/2009 12:02:00 PM

I absolutely love these pigments. I have four colors: nude, iced mocha, true purple, and ocean. They apply smoothly with little to no fallout and leave a shimmery, pearlescent finish. They are highly pigmented but definately need an eyeprimer in order to help them last longer and to avoid creasing! The only downside, as many have said before me, is the packaging. I order 10gram jars from Coastal Scents and put my pigments in them. Overall, LOVE this product, great colors with great pigmentation and a super silky feel.

on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product is overall pretty good. You get great benefits and a lot of product for the price. I was pleased with everything... expect the packaging. What was NYX thinking with that very narrow opening. I mean, they are wrong for that. It is absolutely necessary to convert this into a better container, which I did recently after I purchased them.