August 29, 2014 | 1011 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ShanSprite

This foundation is really light and stays matte, that's what I love about it. But... I really don't like the smell whatsoever and it literally feels light on the skin but the colour is awful. I didn't mismatch myself, it is a good colour but I can't describe the texture and how it spreads. It looks good in the pump but when on the face, it has an awful white pasty look.
ALSO, this foundation turns grey so beware! It's so strange. I usually use this when I'm just going somewhere casual or I want my makeup to stay on all day. Works well with oily skin though but I would never purchase this again or recommend it unless you're wallet friendly and looking for a matte effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by aludden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product a few days ago to start building my MUA kit. Before I used it on any models or brides I tested it on myself. The coverage is definitely not the greatest. I normally use Dinair airbrush foundation for my everyday routine and it gives fabulous coverage so I was definitely a little disappointed with the amount of coverage from the CoverGirl. I used a duo-fiber brush and stippled it (my favorite technique for applying liquid) and it took quite a bit to cover even the slightest discoloration. I also had to go back with a concealer to cover any active acne.

On a better note, I do love the pump bottle. It is definitely more hygenic than a regular bottle. They do have a decent selection of colors and they do mix easily to create the perfect shade.

My final impressions is that it will be good for someone who only requires sheer to medium coverage but it does need to be set with a powder to create a mattified look and help it to stay put.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ashton

I don't really know what to make of this foundation. I like the coverage because it hides imperfections but still looks very natural. I like the color selection and love the packaging with the pump and lid. The shape of the bottle is nice too, it fits into my makeup bags well. I also really like finish because it isn't too matte and chalky or greasy...just right. It blends nicely and doesn't streak. Basically my biggest complaint with this foundation is that it wears off so easily, even with primer. After two hours its completely off my nose and in other small patches on my face. By 5 hours, it looks like I have no foundation on at all. I couldn't really decide if I would buy it again. It's not the best foundation I've tried but certainly not the worst. Love it when I first put it on, but the wear is terrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mel567

I like this foundation, to be honest. It is very light and has a nice finish to it. It lasts all day. I got this at WalMart on sale for $10.99 and it was worth every penny. Trust me, I have liquid foundations from the brands of Lancome, Chanel, Revlon and NARS. This is one is my go-to's for sure!!!! The packaging isn't really fancy and girly, but give it a shot.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by ZackAttackGrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

TERRIBLE. I've never had makeup that looks cakey but ALSO has poor coverage! And doesn't last at all. Not a single good thing about this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few foundations I've bought that actually matches my skin tones and isn't oily. Cover Girl Classic Ivory is great for fair skin with slight pink under tones. I apply this using a barely damp sponge and finish with a foundation brush. Then I apply a loose translucent powder. The coverage is very good, not super heavy but buildable and as I said, dries to a nice matte finish. It does not get oily during the day. Lately I have been adding a drop or two of Maybelline Fit in Ivory which makes the color even better. The only thing with Trublend is you have to work to blend it so it's not streaky. Move fast and get it on with a sponge. This is basically a cheaper drugstore foundation so you can't expect miracles. There is a lack of foundations for very fair skinned women that isn't too dark, too orange, too something. Including the expensive ones like MAC. So I consider this one a definite keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I bought this for my mother who is 50+ and she looks STUNNING with this on. I'm a L'Oreal True Match fan, but this made me do a double take. Application was smooth and my mom's usually uneven skin tone looked flawless. Now all my mother will wear for foundation is CG True Blend. She doesn't even need a powder to set it! Great price and excellent results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by keenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have super dry skin, and this is the only foundation that looks good on me. I have so many, NARS Sheer Glow, Inglot, Several MAC and Makeup Forever foundations. When my skin is especially acting up, they all look horrible on me. They all accentuate the dryness, flakiness and peeling on my cheeks and around my nostrils. I could use a tinted moisturizer, but I feel like they don't cover up the redness on my face enough. This one feel like a moisturizer with enough coverage to make it a foundation instead of a tinted moisturizer. I love it. I'm Ivory, the lightest shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by zukhra2011

Actually pretty good and gave my face this snow white glow :) thats probably because i am pale, but i would repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Mashenka11

I bought this at a whim. I used to have acne prone skin, with red bumps everywhere. I couldnt figure out how to control it, so I bought this foundation to use for when I go out at night and want to make my skin look good enough to go out in.

Anyways, the pump is really convenient. However, the product is not good, it clumps on my face, get grainy and is not a smooth finish. My ex boyfriend looked at my face and gave me the only good advice I ever got from him, he said Take off that makeup, its not good for your skin and it doesn't even look good anyway.

So, I stopped using this foundation, deciding to instead focus on making my skin healthier. After I broke up with that guy, I figured out the perfect method to clearing up my skin - now I have beautiful, glowing skin, without makeup. And its not because he told me to, its really because I want naturally nice skin,

Ladies, from my opinion, I dont think it looks good to use foundation. I want people to see ME, MY face, and not a makeup product covering it. If you have problematic skin, like I did, this is only my opinion but I think it is so much healthier to let your skin breathe and focus on making it look and feel healthier.

I no longer have to conceal blemishes, i only use a moisturizer as my going out look for skin.