April 21, 2014 | 1856 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Mashenka11

I bought this at a whim. I used to have acne prone skin, with red bumps everywhere. I couldnt figure out how to control it, so I bought this foundation to use for when I go out at night and want to make my skin look good enough to go out in.

Anyways, the pump is really convenient. However, the product is not good, it clumps on my face, get grainy and is not a smooth finish. My ex boyfriend looked at my face and gave me the only good advice I ever got from him, he said Take off that makeup, its not good for your skin and it doesn't even look good anyway.

So, I stopped using this foundation, deciding to instead focus on making my skin healthier. After I broke up with that guy, I figured out the perfect method to clearing up my skin - now I have beautiful, glowing skin, without makeup. And its not because he told me to, its really because I want naturally nice skin,

Ladies, from my opinion, I dont think it looks good to use foundation. I want people to see ME, MY face, and not a makeup product covering it. If you have problematic skin, like I did, this is only my opinion but I think it is so much healthier to let your skin breathe and focus on making it look and feel healthier.

I no longer have to conceal blemishes, i only use a moisturizer as my going out look for skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by jessichick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this because the color actually matched my skin (I'm extremely fair-skinned). I have dry skin, especially on my face, that I moisturize twice a day. When I tried to use the Covergirl Trublend, it dried out my face even more! It also caused severely noticeable dry patches. I tried putting on moisturizer and letting that set directly before applying, no difference. When I tried fixing the dry patches after, the foundation just came right off onto my hands!
This isn't a good foundation for people with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Eh, I didn't really like this. The quality just seems cheap to me. It applies sort of...grainy. Like the foundation isn't rich with pigment but sort of just thrown together. Maybelline's Fit Me and L'Oreal's True Match, which seem to be the equivalents of this are much, much better than this. I like the pump on this but I don't like the plastic container. I like the glass on the other two. No SPF, which I think a foundation must have. UPDATE: Liking this more, upon trying for a second time. I didn't use concealer this time and it looks good. I think the formula is very similar to the ones I listed above, except this has less coverage, I would say.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I used to use this foundation in high school. Everyone would always ask me what make up I used because it looked so flawless, yet natural. It never broke me out & was very light & not cakey. However, I did find it kind of hard to build it up to get better coverage. It felt very smooth going on my skin & it never looked orange. I have to agree with a previous reviewer that this foundation did emphasize on dry patches. This may be better for use in the summer when skin is more hydrated. I love the pump it comes with. I honestly don't really remember why I stopped using it. I would buy again:)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim at CVS and I was really hopeful that I could use this as an alternate to my favorite, but expensive, foundation. What I like about it: I'm really pale, so I often have trouble finding a color match, but Ivory (the lightest shade) was an okay-enough match. I also like the consistency of the foundation, because it's not super liquidy (I only use a little anyway). What I dislike: This foundation really emphasized any dry spot on my face, even though I use moisturize beforehand. I could get over that part, but what I *really* don't like about this foundation is the way it emphasizes any peach fuzz I have on my face. It really makes it stand out. Needless to say, I'm not really reaching for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by totalmakeupjunkie98

Honestly I didn't like this at first. I thought it was kinda crappy and didnt cover well. Plus the color was WAY too dark and made me look orange. But then I took it our during the summer and it is AMAZING!! Since I tan really easily, the color matched me perfectly!! The coverage is light to medium. The best thing though is how NATURAL it looks. Most people say they're jealous of me because I don't even need to wear makeup! I set it with a light dusting of translucent powder and I'm good to go!! It's so lightweight too so I don't even feel like I'm wearing makeup! It feels more like a tinted moisturizer. Overall this foundation is AMAZING for the summertime when you don't want to cake on lots o makeup and need something natural and lightweight(: <3 Buy It!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I used this foundation for over a year. It's very creamy, and goes on smoothly. I've applied using brushes, sponges, and my hands, and all techniques have worked well with this foundation. It gives medium coverage, and the lasting power is alright. However, I have combination skin and I've found that I need a lot of powder with this foundation to avoid feeling oily during the day. I have switched to other foundations in the past few months, and have seen a significant improvement in my skin blemishes, and have needed to use less powder to set my make-up. For oily skin, or blemish prone skin I would suggest a lighter foundation that's oil-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by stephxrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this foundation! I currently use it everyday, and apply it by using a makeup sponge. It has a nice buildable coverage that goes on smoothly. One thing I did notice though, was that it wouldn't fully cover up some of the redness and also would make my dry skin a bit flaky. So I wouldn't recommend this product to those who have dry skin! I have a hard time finding foundations in my shade since I am extremely pale, but this looks very natural and feels like I'm not even wearing it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by DancingSugarPlum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find that this is super easy to apply and blend. I use my fingers though, not sure if that makes a difference as I rarely ever use brushes.

My main complaint is how easily this comes off. Even the lightest touch will result in, for me, a noticeable amount of foundation coming off. Also, the coverage it provides is only so-so.

Still, it's not too bad considering the low price and I loved the packaging.

Oh, I did want to add that I appreciate how this foundation's Ivory is a real Ivory. In my experiences, I've found that the Ivory in other products is closer to an odd looking form of Classic Ivory that makes me look... less than flattering.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Zumbii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
-> The coverage is very natural when you are USING A DAMP SPONGE
-> The coverage is light/medium, and blends into the skin well.
-> There are many tones available, and it's fairly easy to pick the right shade to match my skintone.
-> It covers up redness well, and gives me a more even skintone.
-> The coverage lasts a fairly decent time (If you don't touch it), does not make my skin overly oily, and does not require touchups throughout the day (Except for many around the nose where I am the oiliest, but that is will ALL foundations)
-> Works well with other concealers and powders (ONLY if you apply them over top the foundation, not underneath)
-> PUMP (enough said)
-> Packaging is attractive, easy to store in purses/makeup bags because of it's flattened shape.
-> The cap locks in nicely and securely, so you don't have to worry about it popping off while in a bag and making a mess.

CONS:
-> Application is difficult with a stippling brush (Maybe because of the bendable minerals), and looks cakey when applied. (But can be fixed with a little bit of setting powder to make it look natural again)
-> Does not cover scars/acne that well (Need concealer over top)
-> It rubs off incredibly easy. (I mean INCREDIBLY easily)
-> Some cream concealers make this foundation look slightly cakey.
-> Product seems to break me out into very minor white-heads (tiny) and small amounts of cystic acne. (But acne nonetheless)

Because this product breaks me out, I'm not entirely sure if I will continue using it. I do love the coverage, and how it makes my face look and feel, but I need a foundation that will stay on my face and won't rub off on clothing or other people. Not sure if I will continue to use it, or repurchase.