OPI Chicago Champagne Toast

4.3

on 4/4/2005 10:42:00 AM

A lovely neutral frost with just enough pop against my PPP skintone. Def. a fall/winter staple for me!

on 1/23/2005 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty! On me, it's mauve with silvery shimmer, best suited for fall and winter. Usually, these types of colors look grey and dull on me, but this one is actually quite flattering...

on 11/17/2004 12:21:00 PM

Such a great neutral colour! It's more silver-lilac on me than beige, but for an understated manicure, i come back to it again and again. Less girlie than frosted pinks and more definite than see-through no-colour shell pinks, it does go with everything, as other reviewers have noted. Very elegant, and long-wearing.

I love this color! It looks elegant and trendy at the same time. It is a very neutral color that can go with any outfit. It's my first OPI n/p and I cant wait to get more.

on 11/10/2004 3:11:00 PM

This is a GORGEOUS color! I'm so glad I went for it. I almost got scared off by all the "taupe" descriptions- I don't normally do brown nail polishes very well at all. But this is gorgeous on me. The silvery and mauve-y tones are much more prominent on my nails than I would have expected. It's amazingly adaptable- good with warm tones, cool tones, and everything in between; conservative for work; sexy for a date- the ultimate chameleon polish. Perfect. Three cheers for OPI on this one.

on 9/30/2004 6:46:00 PM

Well. I've heard a lot of raves about this shade and decided to choose it for my manicure. The salon I go to was having some sort of weird drought on nail polishes, and not one the colours they had were sheer or cute. I though Chicago Champagne Toast would be the least offensive of the bunch. I'd also mistakingly left my Sonia Kashuk Ideal Nude and Dancin' Diamonds at home, so was at the mercy of whatever colour I could find. CCT might be a really nice colour on certain skintones, but on my very pale hands, after two coats it looked like I'd dipped my nails in thick frosting. The colour was hideous inside, a really frosty, thick looking beige taupe. For some reason it made my nails look four inches thick. I'm not sure if the polish was too thick to start off with or what, but it was most definitely frosty and not too cute next to my pale skin. Outside in the sunlight it was a completely different colour and was actually kind of nice, a really frosty, violet taupe. Ok, but not ok enough to stop me from taking it off when I got home. It just made me feel so old and stodgy.

on 9/28/2004 10:19:00 AM

One of my favorite OPI colors for the wall/winter. It's such a unique color...very metallic, with taupe and mauve undertones, but the color changes depending on the light you are in. I love it and continue to repurchase it.

on 9/18/2004 12:57:00 AM

I could not see the "taupe" color; what I saw was a highly frosted light mauve-lilac... Take a bunch of spring lilac flowers, mix in grey, and add silver (the frost factor), you get Chicago Champagne.
If you apply one layer of polish, and finish it off with a clear coat, the color looks more pinkish, and less dramatic. If you apply 2 coats, it comes out looking more lilac/mauve/silver and you lose the pink. Either way is beautiful.
If you are an OPI fan, you definitely should try this color. Very beautiful and definitely original. continued >>

on 8/3/2004 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a big fan of OPI nail polishes because of their quality and color selection. I got this shade recently and I like it a lot. It looked a little too metallic in the bottle but turned to a beautiful, shiny taupe on my nails.

Chicago Champagne Toast is a average color imo, it looks pretty in the bottle but nothing too unique or gorgeous on nails... it's a slightly mauve toned metallic taupe nail color.

Top Rated OPI Products