September 3, 2014 | 1248 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by amandaminty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a trendy smell. I love it because it smells warm and inviting. Innocent and comforting.
All purfumes are about body chemistry and not everyone can wear this leathery warm vanilla scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by morganlayne_h

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Really, really disliked this. I received a sample with my Sephora order & since I'm actively seeking a summer HG fragrance, I'm not ruling anything out. I gave it a try and have sorely regretted it all day. Cloying, sickening powder scent. If you don't like powder scents, you will probably hate this. It is rather reminiscent of cleaning products, as another reviewer pointed out. Some have called this "old lady-ish," which I don't agree with. To me it smells like Love's Baby Soft gone rancid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This scent is horrid in my opinion! I know a lot of people that wear this and based on the reviews here, it's garnered quite a substantial following. But that doesn't change the fact that I think this fragrance stinks. To my nose, the notes just mesh into one massive mess. Then there is a powdery note that tries to temper it all but it fails miserably. It smells identical to carpet freshener. I'm not just basing this on the way it smells on my skin. I hate the way it smells when sprayed into the air. I hate the way this smells on a scent strip. I used to do freelance work at a fragrance counter and the days they made us push this were the WORST days. It was the hardest to sell. No one loved it. Especially men that were shopping for their wives and girlfriends. They all had negative reactions to this and inevitably chose the scents that were fruitier or vanilla based. I've spent a lot of time around this one and it never grew on me. It never will. When it got on my hands after spraying strips for people, I had to wash my hands. I was washing my hands four times an hour! That's how much I detest the smell of this on my skin. Finally, I got myself into an embarassing situation not too long ago. I was having a conversation about fragrances with my brother's fiance. I brought up Cashmere Mist and went on a loooong winded tirade about my utter hatred for it. Afterward, she quietly and sheepishly said " I'm wearing Cashmere Mist". I tried to dig myself out of the hole by saying " Oh well you know everyone's chemistry is different .... blah blah blah.... it just didn't work with MY chemistry .... blah blah blah. The fact is. this might appeal to you and work on you. That's lovely. But I personally, am rarely this repulsed by a fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my fav fragrance! Although I have quite a few, I always come back to this comforting, snuggly, sexy, warmth with hints of spicy Oriental. It makes me feel like I am standing on a beach in Miami during a balmy sunset with a smooth rhythm in the background while I am feeling the groove in my little black bikini. I just feel so sexy with this scent. It makes men come closer because they smell whiffs of warm and spicy with a touch of sweet but they can't really tell if its you they are drawn to so they come in closer, then they hug you and snuggle your neck when they realize it's you. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I have many other perfumes that I try to branch out with, but this scent I just can't shake.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by scatteredstars

I love this scent! It's funny that so many describe it as old-lady, I don't get that at all, in fact I started wearing it in high school and no matter how much I try to branch out I gravitate back towards this. It seems to me that body chemistry makes a big difference for this one, because a co-worker wears it and on her it's more floral and not soft and slightly powdery like it is on me. The name is spot-on, it evokes slipping on a favorite comforting sweater on a chilly night... all cozy warmth. I just wish I could find something comparable but every time I search for something with similar notes, I end up hating it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Elegant and classy, mature. Soft and feminine, sophisticated. This fragrance is powdery but pleasant. Doesn’t hold for very long. The bottle looks gorgeous on my dresser. I'm just finishing up a bottle I had for years and will not repurchase because I simply moved on to other fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A very elegant scent. It smells powdery, and I definitely get the "mature baby powder" scent that others have mentioned. However, it is QUITE mature, not at all for the younger set. I don't wear it much, but I reach for it when I'm feeling retro-glamorous and then it's perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by susanaudrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My mom got me a bottle of this for Christmas, because I put it on my wish list. What I got is what I remember from smelling it before - its pretty, classic scent - but like previous reviewers have mentioned, once it goes on, the scent becomes much different. I understand that perfumes have top notes, base notes, etc. But I prefer my perfume to still smell at least somewhat similar hours later to how it smells when it first goes on. Unfortunately, Cashmere Mist takes on a old, soapy kind of scent after a while (at least it does on me). I've been wearing it to work every day for about a month now, and I've had no compliments yet. I'll continue to wear this occasionally until I run out, but it's not something I'll buy (or ask for) again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by bunnikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This perfume is very simple to my taste. All I get is sandalwood with some jasmine in it and no vanilla what so ever. Nothing special and don't know how it can be associated with wearing cashmere. But this is just my body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get enough of this fragrance!! It is sooo pretty! Like another reviewer said it smells like a mature baby powder. Very warm and girly....love it!!!!