November 26, 2014 | 1893 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

I have been loving this perfume from afar for years.....meaning have always loved but never purchased it. It is a delicate soft powdery scent. The notes blend together so beautifully to create this warm inviting scent. This reminds me a little of KM Loukoum. It also layers well with many fragrant lotions. This can be worn any time of the year!
I know this may sound crazy to some, but this reminds me of that "new car scent," which I have always loved : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Nilo

Oh Cashmere Mist, how did you fall out of my rotation? Somehow my head was turned by all those sweeter and flashier gourmand scents in recent years and I neglected you shamefully. But as I wandered through Sephora last month, there you were, and in EDP???

Suddenly, my gourmand-phase seemed cheap, trite and overblown. I was tired of smelling like everyone else around. And you, Cashmere Mist, welcomed me back with open arms.

Seriously, I am so happy right now, basking in my rediscovered Cashmere Mist adoration. I used to wear Cashmere Mist, for years, back in the mid-1990s - when it first came out. Then I moved into a much sweeter phase and have been wearing primarily Angel, Insolence, and L de Lolita in recent years. I still love those scents, but they are very strong and somewhat cloying (particularly the Angel).

Cashmere Mist is not at all this way. Cashmere Mist does not announce its presence; rather, it says, "Come closer". It does have a vanilla component to it, but it's not at all a gourmand scent. It does have jasmine and lily of the valley in it, but it's not a floral scent. It does have sandalwood in it, but it's not a woody scent - even though Sephora has it listed as a "Dry Woods" scent.

Most reviews have mentioned a powdery impression from it - and that's my memory of it too. I'm not getting that from it now, though. However, I'm wearing the EDP now and not the EDT, so I'm wondering if maybe that is the difference? Another difference is definitely the addition (at least to me in the several years since I stopped wearing the scent) of the deodorant. The deodorant is amazing and helps greatly with the layering of the scent. A few spritzes on my pulse points in the morning, a few swipes of the deodorant and I'm good to go all day; but I usually apply a bit more on my wrists at night, simply because I love to cuddle into the scent as I drift off to sleep at night.

I feel wrapped in the fragrance all day, but because the scent itself is subtle, it's a lovely, light cloud in which to be enveloped. I love the fact that the fragrance is perfectly suited to the office, but it's still sexy enough for my boyfriend to enjoy nuzzling into.

I haven't gotten compliments on my other perfumes in quite some time. But since I started back with the Cashmere Mist, I've been complimented all over the place - by my kids, my parents, my boyfriend, people in the grocery store, my doctor, and my mailman, and the man waiting behind me in the library.

Cashmere Mist and I are well pleased with each other.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kcgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this & actually don't have any right now. You should try the Antispirant/deordorant. It is the best seller of any. You can get it for $12 at Nordys now. Men love it.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Cashmere Mist would be perfect if I was 20 years older. I find this fragrance to be very mature and I don't want to be portrayed as a retired woman who goes sailing and holds fundraisers at her house in the Hamptons...yet. But, it is a nice cozy scent but only nice if you like powdery notes. Cashmere Mist represents who Donna Karan is, as a woman and designer....warm, inspired, accomplished and feminine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by amandaminty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a trendy smell. I love it because it smells warm and inviting. Innocent and comforting.
All purfumes are about body chemistry and not everyone can wear this leathery warm vanilla scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by morganlayne_h

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Really, really disliked this. I received a sample with my Sephora order & since I'm actively seeking a summer HG fragrance, I'm not ruling anything out. I gave it a try and have sorely regretted it all day. Cloying, sickening powder scent. If you don't like powder scents, you will probably hate this. It is rather reminiscent of cleaning products, as another reviewer pointed out. Some have called this "old lady-ish," which I don't agree with. To me it smells like Love's Baby Soft gone rancid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This scent is horrid in my opinion! I know a lot of people that wear this and based on the reviews here, it's garnered quite a substantial following. But that doesn't change the fact that I think this fragrance stinks. To my nose, the notes just mesh into one massive mess. Then there is a powdery note that tries to temper it all but it fails miserably. It smells identical to carpet freshener. I'm not just basing this on the way it smells on my skin. I hate the way it smells when sprayed into the air. I hate the way this smells on a scent strip. I used to do freelance work at a fragrance counter and the days they made us push this were the WORST days. It was the hardest to sell. No one loved it. Especially men that were shopping for their wives and girlfriends. They all had negative reactions to this and inevitably chose the scents that were fruitier or vanilla based. I've spent a lot of time around this one and it never grew on me. It never will. When it got on my hands after spraying strips for people, I had to wash my hands. I was washing my hands four times an hour! That's how much I detest the smell of this on my skin. Finally, I got myself into an embarassing situation not too long ago. I was having a conversation about fragrances with my brother's fiance. I brought up Cashmere Mist and went on a loooong winded tirade about my utter hatred for it. Afterward, she quietly and sheepishly said " I'm wearing Cashmere Mist". I tried to dig myself out of the hole by saying " Oh well you know everyone's chemistry is different .... blah blah blah.... it just didn't work with MY chemistry .... blah blah blah. The fact is. this might appeal to you and work on you. That's lovely. But I personally, am rarely this repulsed by a fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my fav fragrance! Although I have quite a few, I always come back to this comforting, snuggly, sexy, warmth with hints of spicy Oriental. It makes me feel like I am standing on a beach in Miami during a balmy sunset with a smooth rhythm in the background while I am feeling the groove in my little black bikini. I just feel so sexy with this scent. It makes men come closer because they smell whiffs of warm and spicy with a touch of sweet but they can't really tell if its you they are drawn to so they come in closer, then they hug you and snuggle your neck when they realize it's you. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I have many other perfumes that I try to branch out with, but this scent I just can't shake.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by scatteredstars

I love this scent! It's funny that so many describe it as old-lady, I don't get that at all, in fact I started wearing it in high school and no matter how much I try to branch out I gravitate back towards this. It seems to me that body chemistry makes a big difference for this one, because a co-worker wears it and on her it's more floral and not soft and slightly powdery like it is on me. The name is spot-on, it evokes slipping on a favorite comforting sweater on a chilly night... all cozy warmth. I just wish I could find something comparable but every time I search for something with similar notes, I end up hating it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Elegant and classy, mature. Soft and feminine, sophisticated. This fragrance is powdery but pleasant. Doesn’t hold for very long. The bottle looks gorgeous on my dresser. I'm just finishing up a bottle I had for years and will not repurchase because I simply moved on to other fragrances.