October 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 2:46:00 AM More reviews by jeeoh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this soap. It smells perfect, and it leaves my skin feeling that perfect balance of clean yet not tight and dry. My skin's cleared up a lot since I started using this, but I'm not sure if it has to do with the formula itself or just that I like this soap so much that I never skip washing my face now. It's very cheap, but I'm going through the bar pretty fast. I think that's true of any bar soap, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ediebebe

I've gone through about six or seven of these bars since late summer, but I keep buying them because they are what's working for me now. I've seen a real difference in my complexion. I wash my face with this and a baby washcloth. I also use 10% bp on my face on problem-prone areas at night or every other night. I use the Aveeno matching moisturizer too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 12:49:00 AM More reviews by honey71

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm on my second bar, as I do go go through each one quickly. But I only use this on my body and my skin on my back and upper arms has cleared up and is smooooth. I use this combination: This bar, DDF glycolic toner, and mark. acne bacne treatment. Fabulous!

***Edited to Add: Might have to make the switch from this to Qhemet's Soap of Alep - i had absolutely no blackheads while using this other soap on my body. Either that or Tade's soap flakes i saw on luckyscent.com. I'm keeping the overall rating at 4 because it has significantly reduced my bacne!! seriously continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Purple_sun

I only used this 2x, but that was enough. Instant breakouts. Yuck

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by courty

i bought this for use on my face, and for some pimples that appeared out of nowhere on my upper back. it didn't work very well on my face- a bit too drying, although the clear complexion lotion worked fine. i don't really get pimples on my face, so maybe if you do have a mild or moderate acne, this could work well. it did help clearing up the oiliness on my back, and was a decent body soap. however, since my skin is back to normal now, i have gone back to my usual body bar. not that there was anything wrong with this one, it just wasn't spectacular.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 11:05:00 AM More reviews by auras

I am sooo happy w/ this product. It cleared up my mild sweat caused acne in 3 days. I don't find the bar over-drying, it doesn't leave a film and my face doesn't feel tight at all. No redness, no iritation whatsoever. I am definitely buying this again. UPDATE: It still does a great job w/ mild acne but in winter I have to avoid it because it dries my face like hell. I think I'll stick to my benzoyl for washing my face (just as great against acne).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by bronco_frogs56

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would rate this as Zero, but apparently thats not an option. I bought this based on all the good reviews I've read here. I have mild/moderate hereditary teenage acne. For the first few days of using this product, my skin definitely looked clearer, and more even-toned, but after a week, my skin got severly dry from using this, and extremely red. I tried putting on lots of moisturizer, but I've had this experience before, where I use something and it drys me out, then makes me sensitive to EVERYTHING. So, the moisturizer stung like fire on steroids- a moisturizer that is usually very gentle on my face. I also had these wrinkle-like things on my face, I looked like I was 30 instead of 14. Might I say, in the first few days my face was clearing up, but when this whole fiasco started, it broke out terribly again. My skin is completely ruined, and I'm still trying to put moisture back into it, but nothing seems to be working. I'll never use another Aveeno product again.
Note: I already knew that Aveeno was owned my Johnson & Johnson, who kills animals in cruel lab tests, but after reading the reviews here, I felt I might compromise my morals for the chance of clear skin. Well, obviously, I won't be doing that anymore- I'm sticking to cruelty-free products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by machella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the great reviews it had. I was trying to purchase the Marcelle stuff, but unfortunately it is not available in th U.S. I had been just using Dove soap and it wasn't clearing me up completely and being 31 almost 32 I wanted it to be cleared up completely, ecspecially considering I did not have acne as a teenager. Well, anyway I have been using it for about 4 days now and WOW, my skin has almost completely cleared up. I hope it continues to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 10:39:00 AM More reviews by appleGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Woops! Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I've been using this for three months, now, and am pleased to say that my hormonal jawline and chin acne are virtually nonexistent. In combination with a nightly BP treatment (DDF BP/tea tree) and a gentle morning cleanser (EO virgin coconut), I've finally won the war on blemishes. What was 3-4 per week is now about 1-2 per month.

Love that this bar is so cheap. It was about $4 and will probably last me another three months. It's easy to use (just buy a plastic travel soap container) and feels effective but not drying. I will never buy a different medicated cleanser.

If you're struggling with persistent blemishes, I can't recommend this enough. Give it an honest try (2 weeks). You have nothing to lose but a few bucks :)

UPDATE: I used this product for an entire year-- same bar!! I don't know how that was possible... I used it every night. I think having it in the plastic container helped. Anyway, I'd still buy this again but I've moved on, for now. Just wanted to see what else was out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by speerrituall1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product, the price is right and it does the job. Gave this to my teenager. Did not dry him out and controlled the oil. Also has the benefit
of soy.