April 17, 2014 | 1893 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - 24 Hour Moisture

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by asylum23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm surprised to see so many good reviews on this stuff! I got it based on reviews and my hands have gone from ok to terrible. I have used this pretty much exclusively for months and my hands have become bright red, super dry and cracked. I mean it doesn't help me at all.

But the worst part of this lotion is that when my hands are this dry and cracked, it BURNS my skin, like a chemical. It's the only lotion I've ever had that does this, so not sure why, maybe I'm allergic to something in it. But I personally will not buy this brand again. It doesn't help my dry skin, the smell is nothing good, and it burns my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by abeautifulhaunting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite body/hand moisturizer. I found travel size ones at Target in the dollar beauty bins, so I now have 2 travel size ones that I can just refill & carry around with me. It has a very light scent that is barely noticable & just smells like...lotion. Every other moisturizer I smell lately has some nasty fragrance added to it & it makes me sick. I want people to smell my perfume, not a nasty lotion. This is the perfect moisturizer for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by oohbarracuda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! Smells nice and moisturizes well w/out leaving me greasy. I only wish it'd come in a smaller travel size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by KITTYCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smelled okay. Works great on very dry winter hands and legs. Absorbs well. Dirt cheap and I liked that I didn't need to keep applying this all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 12:35:00 AM More reviews by milota

I absolutely LOVE this lotion! It is definitely my HG of all lotions. I have purchased this twice in the small, flip-cap style and finally decided I would go for the big 18-oz pump bottle. This moisturizer is NOT sticky whatsoever, which is one of my biggest pet peeves about other lotions. I feel like it sinks right into my skin, without leaving a strong fragrant smell. Unlike other lotions that make people turn and smell if you put it on during a meeting or with people around, this lotion would probably not be smelled by anyone around you. Anyway, I don't know if it lives up to its "24 hour" claim, but it definitely sticks around for a long time on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Unadorable

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As i write this review my legs are silky smooth - thanks to this genius product. It sinks in fast and leaves skin amazingly soft! The scent is pleasant and not too strong - it doesn't really smell of anything in particular. It's also a great price for the huge amount you get! I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2006 8:46:00 AM More reviews by nexa_a2y

Works Okay for my sahara-desert skin. Though not for 24-hrs, maybe 4 hrs. But it absorbs easily without a sticky feeling.
The thing i hate about this is the weird smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

This is my favorite body lotion, hands-down. I've tried plenty of lotions that work well for a few hours, but then my skin gets dry and itchy again. This lotion truly does last for 24 hours. I put it on in the morning right after my shower, and my skin stays soft and moisturized all day. It's not too thick and is easy to spread, and any smell it has quickly fades away. Great lotion for dry, itchy winter skin. Try the St. Ives whipped silk lotion too -- another great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 5:40:00 PM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh, it's ok. Huge bottle lasts a long time, and came with a convenient pump. It's kind of thick and goes on nicely, and does leave you skin quite soft many hours after application. However, their idea of 24 hr moisture is a weird film on the surface of your skin, which I'm not very fond of and takes a while to absorb. I find the smell a bit sickening and artificial, I really would prefer something that smelt more natural/neutral. For that reason, I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this lotion. Lotion-kind fragrance and sunk in nicely. I didn't expect it to be so thick! I love St. Ive lotions but most of them are quite thin. The only thing I didn't like was the bottle, it's a flip cap bottle... which is a little annoying cause you can't always get the product out. But if this was a pump, it would be too thick to pump out! So overall, I liked this.