July 23, 2014 | 1117 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Dark

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 4:00:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I am so OILY it is so gross! I can keep my oilies at bay and control them with oil blotting sheets and this fabulous powder! This does not oxygenate on me or look cakey at all. One sweep of this with my MAC powder brush and BYE BYE oilies. Also another pro about this product is lasts a LONG time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2006 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Paintpaso

Hands down the best powder that I have tried. A lot of folks have compared this to PF's Face Lace but in my opinion there is no comparison. The Blot in Dark is perfect even though I am light to medium skin tone. It really helps keep my face fresh looking without looking dry. Very natural, you do not have to be afraid to use this outside during the day time. It really just gives you such a nice and perfect finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using MAC products for over 10 years and I can safely say this is an excellent product. My skintone is NW45/NC50 and I use blot power in dark. Make sure you get a shade that works for you and use a nice fluffy good quality brush to apply it so its nice and sheer. The little puff that comes with it is useless and a haven for bacteria. Throw it away the second you open the compact!!
I have very oily skin that is prone to acne and has some hyperpigmentation. This has never irritated my skin. Worth every penny.

Ingredients: Mica, Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2006 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mathaholic

This powder does blot my oily/combination skin. Even though the color says "dark", it is a beige color, so it is very wearable color for a fair skinned Asian person like me. The problem was that I didn't find it that it blots my skin for a long period of time. It works find when I first put it on, but I still have to blot my face after two hours of wearing it. I think it does the same function as Ben Nye translucent loose powder, but Ben Nye one costs only $7, and this MAC blot powder cost me $16 or so. I will finish using it, but I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 3:55:00 AM More reviews by kohan836

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first MAC products I ever bought and an absolute essential for oily skin. I must have gone through dozens by now. (Hooray for Back-to-Mac!!!) Before that, I went through so many brands trying to find a powder for my super-oily skin that wouldn't look cakey and that actually matched my skin colour. (I'm of Chinese & British descent so this is often a challenge!) Blot goes on sheer and can be used to touch up any number of times throughout the day without looking cakey. It has just the right amount of colour so it doensn't make me either paler or orange-y. I think the major difference between this and other pressed powders is that it is mica- not talc-based. For reference, I am NC40.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by blues69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a good powder, but nothing special IMO.
I bought the Dark, although I am fair, but since it is pretty much translucent, it doesn't add colour, it just 'warms up' my complexion a bit.
I use it for touch-ups during the day, and it does a fair job in controlling my oilies, not for long though, maybe for 2 hours, then I need to blot again (and I'm not the oiliest person ever).
I am going to finish it, but won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by prettiinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Can't live without! Gotta have something to soak up the grease and this is it for me. Put this on put my MSF in Dark over it and look as natural as the day I was born! (just kidding) holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by MsShamika

I love this! I have very oily skin (year-round) but really in the spring and summer months. I have gone to MAC several times to find some type of powder to help. The MA always reccomended Blot Powder to me, but I never wanted to try it. After reading all of the great posts here, I finally bought it. I am so glad I did. I don't use any other powder/foundation. I apply this in the morning and it literally lasts all day. I may get the blot papers to use throughtout the day, but this is definitely money well spent. I can see using this forever! Yeah MAC!

EDIT: This has defintely become HG status for me. I use this every day. Whether I use foundation or not, I always carry this with me for touchups. Lasts and does not look chalky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

MAC Blot delivers and the raves are correct...this is a must have.

I don't use this so much as setting powder as I do for touch ups during the day. I find myself using this more in the spring and summer months than any other time of year so it last about a full year or more for me.
Dark is virtually colorless* and weightless, it controls oil, leaves skin matte, and does NOT cake up** with continous use. Definately won't leave home without it.

*It does deposit a slight bit when you use the sponge included. However, I choose to use a portable brush to retouch during the day.

**I find that I must used blot papers/film prior to powdering. It helps and keeps me from having to blot continuously throughout the day. ;) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use Studio Fix Powder in NC43, but have found that it gets darker over the day as it absorbs the natural oils in my skin. To remedy this issue, I first blot with blotting paper I get from Sephora, and then apply Blot. It really helps my foundation last a lot longer and look better. The only problem I have with it is that it breaks very easily if it is dropped, and then is pretty much useless because you can't really carry it around in your purse. I wish MAC would use a more padded case as Blot is so brittle.