April 16, 2014 | 1397 users online

Treatments - Redken - Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

This conditioner works well and really does make my hair look smoother, weighing it down only slightly to make it look less puffy. It doesn't make your hair feel as soft as the All-soft range but it does its job well. I also like how you can use this as a leave in treatment. I'd buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by BelleFemme

Ok.....So I bought this based off a review that someone did on youtube because she was going natural and so am I. When I first used it, I wasn't sold on it. I thought another overpriced item that gives mediocre results. But then I used it again and I must say that it does smooth down your hair like its supposed to. It is heavy but I like heavy products. I actually use it as a leave in.

Like another reviewer said I dont think it really moisturizes but it does do the job of smoothing, if that makes sense. Depending on how my hair is in a few months when I get more new growth that is really thick then I will probably get it again to see if it will still do its job

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Wow, I'm surprised I've waited so long to try this. I used this and the Smooth Down shampoo and the combination MADE my hair WANT to behave. That's never happened. I just tried the trial sizes since I hate wasting money on full size if I'm not gonna like em. I will definately be buying full sizes and using on a consistent basis in the future. I can rotate this with All Soft since I think this may be a little heavy for daily use, plus, I like to rotate anyway. I'm also figuring out that drugstore shampoos/conditioners are just not good enough for my hair, and I've tried them all. Sort of breaks my heart to have to be a snob, but I'll do anything for the hair that this provided. Sorry Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My single-process color treated hair is typically very dry year round, and can often feel puffy/frizzy and parched. This is a very nice product that seems to help control the frizzies and make my hair softer. I've been using the Smooth Down shampoo and conditioner on a regular basis and the Butter Treat once a week as a treatment. The Smooth Down conditioner is ok but not great. I will probably just buy more Butter Treat and use it as a conditioner whenever I shampoo and get better results. I do rinse out the Butter Treat after about 5 to 10 minutes in the shower. My stylist said that a lot of people leave it in their hair and don't rinse it at all. I might see putting a little bit on my hair when it's dry to tame any persistent frizzy strands, but I'd be worried my hair would look a little too flat or limp if I left a lot in and didn't rinse.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by regenton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Both this and Kerastase Oleo-Curl are the 2 hair products I cannot live without (and I have used many down the years!!). I have crazy curly hair, it is kinky dry and bleached to death, but using Butter Treat makes it soft and shiny in an instant - and it looks great when I straighten it (my poor hair). And best of all, it doesn't weigh it down or make it limp as other heavy duty conditioners can. And I like the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by AndyLikesScent

I'd say this is a pretty good conditioning cream. I think it's more smoothing than actual moisturizing though. I think it would be ideal for those that like to flat iron their hair. I also think it would help for those that want to smooth down their frizz. It may be too heavy for finer and less course hair. The scent is okay, nothing special... not fruity, not perfumey or overpowering. I'd buy it again... sometimes I use it after Humectress for the extra smoothing power. It does have cones in, for the cone aware people.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lorrlabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just used it and I love it! My hair is softer and silkier than before. I used it as a conditioner, washed it all out then left a little bit more in there. It did great after I blow dried and straightened my hair. Great product if you're really looking to smooth dry hair. Hope it keeps doing it's job!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by martaalexandrino

OMG!! Este producto es fabuloso!!! POr lo menos en mi pelo funciona. Mi pelo es bastante rizado, seco y quebradizo, y cuando mepongo esto en el pelo, mi cabello es otro, me lo deja instantaneamente SUAVE, y suuuuuper facil de desenredar. Creo q el precio es razonable, por lo que se recibe del producto, yo lo compre a $15 en Sears y la verdad no me arrepiento. Definitivamente lo vuelvo a comprar tan pronto se me acabe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

This paired with the Smooth Down shampoo works wonders on my naturally crazy curly and dyed hair.My hair is perfectly conditioned,soft and manageble,I will never stop using this combo!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Tatiana12

This is one of two recent cream/treatment products by Redken that I find very helpful. I also use Redken All Soft HEAVY CREAM treatments the same way. I have curly, highlighted hair - two factors that are all about using lots of product on the hair to manage it well. I like to use this product as a leave in conditioner on my ends and to smooth out frizzies (apply lightly to dry areas.) The dry winter air and hats dry out my hair. This combats fuzziness/frizzies very well. I've posted a recent photo taken after 4-days of vacation when I could fuss over my hair a little more - on my profile. It shows managable hair in Minnesota fall weather. The highlights are about 1 month old, and doing well. Redken usually produces reliable, helpful hair products with more uses than just the usual condition/rinse out application.