November 28, 2014 | 1807 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

This is a fabulous body lotion - it sank into my skin at once without leaving any greasy or tacky feeling behind, and my skin felt super-soft even the next day. I don't know whether it firms skin or not - I haven't been using it long enough to tell - but even if it doesn't, I don't care because it does such a great job of moisturizing.
The only potential drawback, as some reviewers have noted, is that you do smell of Amazing Grace all day. Not a bad thing, especially if you love the fragrance (which I do) but it does preclude wearing any other fragrance.
Perhaps Philosophy could come up with an unscented version? Sounds heretical, I know, because Philosophy is known for its many scented body and bath products, but something to thinkg about, maybe?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by CattySpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like how this stuff goes on my skin. It doesn't feel greasy, and it absorbs quickly into skin...leaving it soft and smooth for the whole day. My skin looks and feels soft and glowing without the oily feel of most lotions. Definitely has the lasting power, but I'm not a big fan of the scent. Wish Philosophy would make a body emulsion for everyday wear. I mean, Amazing Grace is lovely, but I don't want to smell like it everyday. Other than that, I love the moisturizing and the smoothing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not really any big complaints with this product, I just don't care for the overall smell of this product. It's not horrible and does resemble AG, but it IS different.
As far as the lotion part of it, it seems to be fine. But just an ok in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by VSM1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the very first Philosophy product I ever used and I fell in love!! Everyone on this site,well most, say it does not smell like AG but this IS the AG smell to me. Not sure what everyone is comparing to but I love this!!! It smells really good when pairing with vanilla! The problem with lotions is they dont last.

Kinda smells like VS Breathe

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by weedlebug

I can definitely attest to the "chemical" smell that previous reviewers have mentioned. To me, the fragrance didn't at all resemble Amazing Grace; instead, smelling more like a strange medicinal smell one might encounter in a long-term care facility. Additionally, within 24 hours of using the body emulsion for the first time, I developed a bad case of contact dermatitis, which disappeared within a few days once I discontinued using the product (though, I should have known better--this is not the first time I have had an adverse reaction to the Philosophy line). I was extremely disappointed, especially considering the price point and Philosophy's reputation for producing quality products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by terbear12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

They have changed this so it doesn't smell as good or all day like it used to but I still like it and will continue to buy. Not really firming but good smelling!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dharbo

I love AG. This firming body emulsion, to me, doesn't really smell like regula AG perfume. It is still pleasant. More like a musky/floral/clean type version of AG. The lotion is moisturizing and lightweight. Great for warmer months. For winter I layer this along with PG body butter and it leaves my skin baby soft. I have noticed firming, but it takes a long time to notice it. I am almost half way through my 32oz and my skin looks better. The scent does last a long time too.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2008 2:32:00 AM More reviews by ycats0273

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dried my skin out and it smells like cheap toilet water. Will never buy or recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This has the light fresh, clean amazing grace scent. It absorbs easily, and the scent is long lasting. My skin feels hydrated without a hint of greasiness. My husband even commented on how wonderful I smelled. I can't testify to its "claim" of firming and toning the body, but since it's not exercise in a bottle, I seriously doubt any lasting effects. LOL I bought this in a giftset at Nordstrom's anniversary sale so I'm on the fence as to whether I will buy again, but for now I'll say, Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by ChristianneQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like Pure Grace better, but Pure Grace does not have the body firming lotion unlike the Amazing Grace line. The smell of these products are phenomenal and are of quality. I always receive compliments on what scent I am wearing. I would recommend the Amazing Grace Body Firming, but would prefer the Pure Grace if it ever comes in the Body Firming Emulsion.