August 1, 2014 | 1908 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Nivea - Tinted Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2007 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Idony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely hate this stuff!! Unforgivingly horrible and icky..I needed a new tinted moisturiser and i wanted to try something new so i strayed from my usual dove one and bought the nivea Young: Be Beautiful. It only comes in 1 shade and is 'suppose' to adapt to your skin tone which it definitely does not do, it's a bout 2 shades too dark for me and makes me look like i have a really bad fake tan. On top of all that, the colour in it sets in clumps, so that after the moisturiser has sunk in, i get all these dark patches all over my face where the foundation hasn't spread evenly. At first i thought it was just because i hadn't rubbed it in but the more i rubbed the worse it got. So contrary to what a tinted moisturiser is suppose to do-even out skin tone-it made me look even blotchier. Really don't recommend it even at its dirt cheap price, just not worth it especially when i could also have gotten the dove one at the same price and works without a hitch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for the Nivea Visage Be Beautiful Tinted Moisturiser. I can see why a lot of people will hate this tinted moisturiser. First of all, this has barely any coverage, so if you have major flaws or a lot of redness in your skin, breakouts or acne, this won't cover up any of it. I just need a bit of evening out of my skin tone and this does the job quite well. I don't like the smell as it's too strong; if it was toned down at least a little bit, it would be great. The claims of "adapting to your natural skin tone" and "moisturises and refines skin in one step" is not true, as you need a separate moisturiser underneath. It doesn't make my skin greasy or oily; just a dewy glow with a hint of colour that evens out my skin tone, perfect for everyday wear. This wouldn't be good for pale/fair skin tones (I have golden, light beige skin) as the liquid is a deep, off tan colour itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a crap product ! ! It was heavily scented, like you had perfume shoved up your nose and the lightest colour would have tanned or asian skin tones. I bought the one which looked the same colour as my face. Even more proof that you should apply some before you buy ! And to think all this from a tinted moisturiser !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by AimPerfection

OH MY GOD!!! THIS IS MY BEST BEAUTY PRODUCT EVER!!! I had just got a makeover from Lancome because I wanted to find my 'perfect' foundation (which I didnt decide to buy on that day as I wanted to see how it felt during the day). The Beauty Advisor applied Color Ideal on my face. Anyways I happened to stumble across the 'YOUNG BE BEAUTIFUL' nivea tinted moisturiser on my way back home at Boots. I thought why not seeing as it was in clearance and was quite cheap. I had bought another nivea tinted moisturiser in the past which was quite light in colour and didnt looked good against my asian skin but this one was more suited to my skin colour. I came back home and looked in my mirror at the Lancome foundation and it was good on my skin but my Revlon Colorstay foundation produced the same results with a BETTER colour match on my skin (which is ridiculous seeing as it IS called Colour Ideal.) I took it off, cleansed and moistuised and all that and put the nivea tinted moisturiser on...it looked SOOOOO GOOOD!!!! It looked like I was actually wearing foundation!!! I was amazed!! I was goin to rush back to the store to stock up as it was a clearance item but was relieved to find it on the Boots website to buy. I havent been back to the store yet but will go back just incase its not there and get all the clearance items :D THIS PRODUCT IS AN ABSOLUTE BARGAIN - IS ABOUT 20% THE VALUE OF AN EXPENSIVE FOUNDATION - AND LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!!! (Soz for the long review but it had to be done - it is my fave product afterall) :p

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by yellowsummer

I've never used tinted moisturizer before and after hearing the good things about nivea and how good it is for you skin I tried this one. I found it not very moisturizing BUT the coverage is very good it is very much like an actual base but i like the fact that is a moisturizer too, i felt after applied after about an hour then i felt the moisture. The packaging is good, the smell ok, and the coverage GREAT, the trick is not to apply too much though as it is very dark even in the light colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Superhen

I do not remember how many I bought of them...I have been using it since it come out!
I use the natural shade, it is quick to apply, gives me a good an natural color ! The only problem is that it does not last so long...
but for the working day is ore than enough !! I'll surely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mel2

Been using this a while now and nearly finished the bottle but think next time I might be gettin the be young tinted moisturiser. Got it in natural but I think the colour may be a little dark for my pale skin. Think they have made the colour lighter now coz I showed my m8 how dark the colour was and was quite light lol.
Don't like using foundation which is why i got this but think if I apply too much then my face can look orange and feel like every1 is starin at me!
Have had a lot of compliments about my skin tho like how my skin looks so nice so suppose I must look alright!!
Update: After buying no7 tinted moisturiser I have to admit I prefer using this as it gives more coverage and it a better colour so have changed the lipsticks to 4/5

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2006 7:23:00 AM More reviews by JulianaEs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For Asian skin like mine, the available shades are not so suitable. However, i managed to work around it by blending both shades, and voila!! I got just the right tint for my skin. Definitely worth buying- sometimes i'm just too lazy to follow the standard regime of applying makeup (moisturiser -> foundation -> concealer -> powder etc...), so this product is the perfect solution. It's non-greasy yet hydrating enough (i've combi-oily-acne prone skin). Sadly i've finished mine and couldn't find it in any drugstores at my place... :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MadameIris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sadly, this product does not work for me at all!
To start with, I think there's too small colour selection - then the lighter one was way too dark for me. It was very drying too, and looked so dirty on my open pores - it does not cover them, but make them stand out more!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Sheep73

Can't understand the bad reviews on this. Am sure the US version must be different to the European one.

This gives fabulous cover for a TM (it is more like a foundation really) but is quick and easy to apply. It does only come in two shades - Natural and Bronze, but the Natural is perfect for me.

Gives me a really even complexion with no cakeyness, just a glowy perfect look - probably thanks to the light refelecting pigments. So quick and easy to apply, and barely needs any powder. I've hardly had a spot since using this - maybe it's due to me not needing foundation any more. I always apply it on its own, it needs no additional moisturiser underneath.

My only gripe would be that the smell is a little strong and perfumed, but I can live with that, especially since it's so cheap! (£5.99).

Love it.