July 31, 2014 | 1807 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by brezin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I grew up watching my mom use this product. During college she would send my 'care packages' and she put a jar in there. I started using it as a moisturizer and it has several more purposes. It removes makeup wonderfully. However, it does burn my eyes. It leaves my skin glowing, dewy, and super soft. The smell takes me back to my younger years. I have thought about using this as an overnight cream but I'm scared of waking up and my hair being stuck to my face and product all over my pillow. The price is good too. So much product for not even $5. This works well as a foundation base as well. The only mistake I made was using it in the shower. Once water hits this cream, it really doesn't blend well and leaves an indescribable feeling on the skin. Other than that this is one of the best face creams/makeup removers/bases I've ever used. Please don't discontinue this jergens. I know it has been around forever and I plan on using it forever. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by yolanda1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im in love with this cream.. I have being using this cream for one year after i switch from pond's since is a little cheaper but good product..I recommend this cream to dry skin and to remove all makeup even waterproof mascara is a lil oily but it will go fast if you dont apply to much..I will buy this cream over and over again..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by vintagegranny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this cream as a cold cream cleanser for 2 months. I used to use Pond's cold cream, but seeing as this is less expensive and have gotten great reviews I decided to give it a go.

The texture is very creamy, and it takes a while for it to melt into the skin, as opposed to Pond's which melts instantly. I therefore leave it on my face for 10 minutes after applying it before massaging the face, and removing the cream (I remove it with a damp, warm wash cloth, it usually takes 2 turns).

As this cream is so rich I don't need as much of it as with Pond's, so it's more economical that way too. It makes the skin soft, but doesn't leave it quite as moisturised as Pond's. It might also be that Pond's does a better job of cleansing pores as well. I have noticed that the pores on my nose seem to require more attention (to put it delicately) after I started using this cream. The cream does clear up the skin for me, but it's not a fail-safe. If I eat lots of chocolate, I will break out.

After cleansing the skin I apply 3 drops of rosehip oil, followed by the German Nivea cream. I let the Nivea cream sink in, and then pass a cotton pad soaked with rose water over my face and neck.

So how does my skin look? According to my cousin it looks better now than when I used Pond's. She described it as an English rose glow :O)

The cream has a characteristic scent, a powdery vintage smell. Some like it; I am not crazy about it but I can live with it.

Judging from experience when using cold cream it is essential to give the face a good massage before removing the cream, to make sure all the grime is lifted from the skin. I have tried using just cotton pads and rose water to remove the cream, but that doesn't work for me. It left a film on my face, and it broke me out. I need to use a moist, warm wash cloth, and I need to rinse the cloth and repeat to remove everything.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by KatrinaStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its a great product for my super dry skin but since they test on animals this will be last tub I buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by bblopez64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works great on removing face makeup,
but it works especially well on eye makeup! It usually takes me
2 times to clean off ALL of my eye makeup but it works. The only
downside is that if you don't wipe it all off you may breakout
because it is VERY greasy. Overall it is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by 131lindo

This stuff is awesome! The package and smell is very old-school, but it works like a dream for removing stubborn make-up and leaves my face super soft. I slather this stuff on and remove with a warm wash cloth.I have been using this for almost a year, along with Retin-A and my skin has never been better, I am 47 years old and people frequently comment on my wrinkle free skin. The cost is an added bonus. This is HG for me!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by givingintoautumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS PRODUCT.
I had to go to the doctor after using Jergens face cream. This CR@P made my face break out in CONTACT DERMATITIS. I even tested the product on my hands for days before putting it on my face, but apparently it was no use. My skin can be a little sensitive to certain products, but I have NEVER had such a ridiculous reaction from cosmetics in my life. I'm guessing it's because of the formaldehyde in the formula. Yes, FORMALDEHYDE. Fortunately it seems lots of the reviewers here have had satisfactory results from using this, but I want to spread a word of advice: KNOW YOUR INGREDIENTS.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by zenofbeauty

I wanted to love cold cream. After reading the positive reviews of girls who swore by cleansing and moisturizing with cold cream, I decided to give it a try. My skin is slightly dry yet prone to clogged pores, so I figured a deep cleansing routine that also moisturized my face would be the perfect fit.

Immediately my face started to break out in certain areas, but I toughed it out, believing that my skin would eventually grow used to the cream. The color, tone and texture of the rest of the skin looked fabulous, and I was looking forward to the day when my skin tolerated the cream better.

I tried using it all manner of ways. Applied and then tissued off. 'Washing' with it and then using some as a moisturizer. Steaming it off with a hot washcloth. Steaming it off and then toning the skin. All failed. :(

When I used it as a moisturizer I noticed that my skin is incredibly dry in certain areas, like my cheekbones. The drying effect was awesome for eliminating pimples, but the fact that the cream caused the pimples in the first place kind of ruined it.

The final straw was the massive amount of whiteheads I ended up with all over my chin and cheeks. They are amazing. If I pinch any given area on my chin, ribbons of whitehead will come shooting out. It's terrible! I've researched and it seems that everyone else can use cold cream without growing a bumper crop of whiteheads, but that's not the case for me. These whiteheads were NOT there when I initially started cleansing with cold cream. Ironically, I'd love to have my old skin back, since my clogged pores were a lot fewer then.

My skin is now trying to recover, and I'm using tons of AHA to help speed up the process.

So this review is a warning to anyone else out there that might end up in the same boat as I did. I'm sure cold cream does work, but certainly not for everyone. Maybe I'm sensitive to mineral oil. Perhaps my skin just can't tolerate oil. I don't know.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by hoangkhanh

I bought this due to all the good reviews i've read about it on the internet. But unlike what I expected, it doesn't seem to be a very good product, at least, not to me.
It does take off all the makeup (which is what i bought this for) but it takes time. You have to apply it on, and wipe it off at least twice, to make sure all the makeup is gone. Not to mention is it wayyy to greasy (even for dry skin) and leaves an uncomfortable feeling on my face afterward, so i have to rinse my face with cleanser after using it and i'm afraid i would break myself out by rubbing my face too much with tissue and hand due to the long and painful process.
After a few days of using it I got some tiny pimples near my cheek bones, where ive never got pimple before. It could be because of the cream, so I won't use it again.
The package is not very sanity either.
Overall, not so bad, especially for $3, would be great for dry-skinned people and takes a while to get used to it. But not for me. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Like the previous reviewer, my skin is just too dry to use even cream cleansers on my skin, which is what I've been doing for the last 15 years. Recently, I found a jar of Ponds Dry Skin Cream that my grandma had given me and decided to use it as a cleanser, and it felt so wonderful, that I used it as a moisturizer afterwards. The relief my skin felt was amazing. I had also heard it being compared to this product. I have to say that this is more greasy and slightly more moisturizing, plus you get so much more product for the price. I don't think I can go back to normal cleansers after using a good cold cream like this. I almost feel like even though I have tried to take very good care of my skin, by not using a cold cream to cleanse, like I have unnecessarily stripped my skin. Oh well, I can only go foward and always have a jar of this in my bathroom, especially because the price is so fantastic.