November 28, 2014 | 1030 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

This is not actually a review because I have not had a chance to try this so called marvelous product. However, reading all the reviews about it on this site and on the Internet in general made me very curious so I started looking for it in drugstores and couldn't find it. I then emailed Jergens and they told me that because of declining sales it's not sold here (Montreal) anymore. They were nice enough to tell me of sites where I could order it. So if some of you ladies use and love this product here are the sites (perhaps the sales will go up again and they'll put it back on the market!).
Jergens All purpose face cream

www.nationwidecampus.com (800-269-6181)

www.myOTCstore.com

www.medichest.com (800-714-8875)

8 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm the kind of person that likes to feel the lotion on my face. I like to know it's there. I don't need it to be too heavy like a discontued Mary Kay night cream I used to use. I loved the stuff for dry skin but it really weighed down my eyelids. So....

I'm not sure why I have never heard of this product until now. I stumbled across it at Amazon and was amazed at the price and reviews. I went to Walmart and bought a jar for less than $4. Couldn't believe it. (It doesn't come sealed so you have to check to make sure no one has touched inside of it.) I didn't even know that you could remove makeup with it. I'm not very schooled on cold creams and their uses. I had been using Pond's cold cream that I picked up in India while I was there and was impressed with the thickness. I think the formula is identical to the Mexican Pond's available at Walmart, as well. But after using Pond's, my t-zone was still dry the next day. For now, I'm needing some extra help for my dryness, and this Jergens face cream is doing the job. I used it to remove my makeup and removed with a warm wash cloth. I had no irritation from it and my eyes didn't sting either. Afterwards, I made sure my makeup was removed by using a cotton ball with a few drops of witch hazel. I had missed some makeup, but it wasn't the face cream's fault. After that, I put some more face cream on again and wiped off the excess with a tissue. My face feels wonderfully soft and protected. No dry, itchy feeling at all. A nice plus is that my lips feel like they have a lip balm on , as well. I wish I had known about this product sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a crucial step to my makeup removal ritual. Very effective at removing all my makeup without drying out my skin. I use it the same way another reviewer mention. I slather it over my skin,let it sit for a minute,then wipe off all my makeup with tissues or a towel. I prefer this to makeup wipes like MACs which has irritated my skin in the past. I will always repurchase. The jar is cute too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Frenchycoco

Cheap, great smell. Works excellent. I use this product every night before bed and i stay moisturized all day. I grew up seeing my grandmothers using Jergens. What a wonderful product for under $4. I love the dewy look ;D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by huminahuminahuminahumina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It has a couple of ingredients that it could do without, but I still like it as a cleanser especially now that Walgreens and CVS have changed their cold cream formulae and no longer resemble the original Ponds cold cream. That formula was lighter than Jergens, had only 7 ingredients (mineral oil, water, beeswax, ceresin, sodium borate, carbomer and fragrance), no DMDM hydantoin, no dye. The fragrance was a lot milder, too. Still, though, Jergens is a pretty good substitute, and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase it.

Edit: I recently found a tub of the old formula cold cream at a small specialty store, neither Ponds nor any other recognizable brand. It had the requisite 7 ingredients. I've been using it since I ran out of the Jergens. It's significantly thinner in formulation. I could use it as a body moisturizer in cold weather. I wouldn't use the Jergens for that purpose. I do believe that the DMDM hydantoin is safe to use the way I use it, but I won't use it for long term contact with large swaths of skin.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product for me! I have used it for years. I seriously couldn't tell you how many jars I have gone through. I use it every day to remove my makeup. I just smooth it on and wipe it off with a wet rag. I have also used it as a mask to soften my skin. It removes anything, even waterproof eye makeup. Just let it sit for a few seconds, then rub it a little, then wipe it off! I have very dry and extremely sensitive skin, and this stuff just works!!! I hope they never stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Caroline14850

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this. I am 69 years old. Have tried a multitude of things and always come back to Jergens Cold Cream. Use it after a bath all over. Just love it. Cannot find a better bargain. Least expensive and the best yet.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by brezin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I grew up watching my mom use this product. During college she would send my 'care packages' and she put a jar in there. I started using it as a moisturizer and it has several more purposes. It removes makeup wonderfully. However, it does burn my eyes. It leaves my skin glowing, dewy, and super soft. The smell takes me back to my younger years. I have thought about using this as an overnight cream but I'm scared of waking up and my hair being stuck to my face and product all over my pillow. The price is good too. So much product for not even $5. This works well as a foundation base as well. The only mistake I made was using it in the shower. Once water hits this cream, it really doesn't blend well and leaves an indescribable feeling on the skin. Other than that this is one of the best face creams/makeup removers/bases I've ever used. Please don't discontinue this jergens. I know it has been around forever and I plan on using it forever. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by yolanda1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im in love with this cream.. I have being using this cream for one year after i switch from pond's since is a little cheaper but good product..I recommend this cream to dry skin and to remove all makeup even waterproof mascara is a lil oily but it will go fast if you dont apply to much..I will buy this cream over and over again..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by vintagegranny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this cream as a cold cream cleanser for 2 months. I used to use Pond's cold cream, but seeing as this is less expensive and have gotten great reviews I decided to give it a go.

The texture is very creamy, and it takes a while for it to melt into the skin, as opposed to Pond's which melts instantly. I therefore leave it on my face for 10 minutes after applying it before massaging the face, and removing the cream (I remove it with a damp, warm wash cloth, it usually takes 2 turns).

As this cream is so rich I don't need as much of it as with Pond's, so it's more economical that way too. It makes the skin soft, but doesn't leave it quite as moisturised as Pond's. It might also be that Pond's does a better job of cleansing pores as well. I have noticed that the pores on my nose seem to require more attention (to put it delicately) after I started using this cream. The cream does clear up the skin for me, but it's not a fail-safe. If I eat lots of chocolate, I will break out.

After cleansing the skin I apply 3 drops of rosehip oil, followed by the German Nivea cream. I let the Nivea cream sink in, and then pass a cotton pad soaked with rose water over my face and neck.

So how does my skin look? According to my cousin it looks better now than when I used Pond's. She described it as an English rose glow :O)

The cream has a characteristic scent, a powdery vintage smell. Some like it; I am not crazy about it but I can live with it.

Judging from experience when using cold cream it is essential to give the face a good massage before removing the cream, to make sure all the grime is lifted from the skin. I have tried using just cotton pads and rose water to remove the cream, but that doesn't work for me. It left a film on my face, and it broke me out. I need to use a moist, warm wash cloth, and I need to rinse the cloth and repeat to remove everything.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No