July 30, 2014 | 1222 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by danidean

I felt it emphasized my fine lines and pores more so.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ocgirl007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I returned it got my money back....just bad

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

I bought this to complement the secret concealer by LM. This definitely helps set the concealer, brightening up the dull under eye area and keeps my eyeliner from smudging. But it is pricy for the amount you get... and the packaging is not travel friendly. As for the application, here is my trick. Turn the jar upside down once, tap the lid to let the powder fall back into the jar. Open the lid, there will be a thin layer of powder remain on the lid, that's what you need for an application. I usually just use my figure for fast application. Press the figure on the jar lid to get the powder, then wipe the figure a few times on the back of the hand to remove the extra amount. Gently press the powder onto the undereye area, starting from the location with fewer fine lines, in my case the outer corner of the eyes. This will prevent you caking too much powder into the fine lines.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by spoog

hmmm -jurys out on this one. I have awful dark circles, the kind that need a proper concealer, not just a swipe of touche eclat. I used this with my usual dermablend concealer( wonderful btw) and with laura mercier. It does set the concealer but I wouldnt say it brightens. Ive done the one eye done , one eye not test and there is no difference. It doesnt cause too much settling into wrinkles but it does a bit.
Its an ok powder for setting eye concealoer nothing more

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by emmamcgrath

I really like this! I got it as a gift but I think it's a bit pricey. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is b/c I don't think I'll have to! There's SO MUCH product! I've had this for a long time now and I've barely used any. I use this to set my under eye concealer and it works really nicely.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first time purchasing the product and I must say, this makes me feel and look amazing!

It's soft, finely milled (I could tell just by looking at it *^^*), and looks very natural. My goal of makeup first and foremost is for it to always to look natural. And Laura Mercier's powders (this is my second powder I've tried from them) have stayed consistently natural looking. This could also be used on the bridge of the nose to make your nose look taller paired with a matte contour.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used this on my eyes after putting on concealer and noticed that it causes my eye area to look more dried out, and it also emphasized fine lines. I'll be returning it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder. Sometimes I find powders cake or look dusty on my skin, but I don't have that problem with this powder. It's fine and blends easily, and it really does brighten my skin and make it look better than it is. Impressive - I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. It's a HG item for me - it really sets the concealer nicely, and diffuses all the nastly little lines nicely. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Why o why can't they make a face powder like this? It brightens, neutralizes, sets whatever's underneath, without creasing, caking, drying and I have dry skin, alternating AHA with high % of Vitamin C. Of course I can dust this all over the face before or after mineral powder, over fdn to set, but the little container's product will run out very soon. I am sure its not much more to make than regular face powder, but since its meant for the eye area, they simply charge more & give less. That's why I am never never loyal to a particular brand.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No