Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

on 7/15/2012 3:09:00 PM

At first I didnt understand the hype when using this product but I have found when using it to set concealer under my eyes it works perfectly! I usually suffer from make up setting in the fine lines underneath my eyes but this stops it from happening completely. I sweep a small amount under my eyes only and then brush a pressed powder over the top and it lasts all day. Has a lovely light texture and although it initially looks scarily white it does blend in to be practically invisible!

I really love this powder to set my concealer. I hate that they don't sell #2 at Sephora now and I have to go really out of my way to buy it at Nordstrom now. I've tried #1 and I currently have it and it also sets my concealer beautifully. However, it can kinda give a weird reverse raccoon look in pictures if you are heavy-handed with it. Even though it is expensive, a little goes a long way and it will last you forever. I've had mine for six months and I not even half way through.

on 5/11/2012 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Although, this is a bit pricey, I will definitely buy it again! I use it under my eyes and down the center of my nose and it gives such a subtle healthy glow. Stays on my face all day and doesn’t settle into fine lines or look chalky. I had used another Brightening powder from Target but this one is so much better and worth every penny!

on 4/18/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Didn't think I'd like this product, but it does make a difference around the eye area and cheekbones...or good as an all over face powder, especially for a date night...waiting till I get paid to buy again!

on 3/15/2012 8:56:00 AM

This powder makes my under eye area very dry, thus underlines puffiness, small wrinkles etc

on 3/12/2012 10:21:00 AM

I bought this product thinking that it would hide dark circles in my under-eye area but was left bemused as to what it actually is supposed to do...there were no instructions that came with the product on the packaging or on a leaflet inside the box. I assumed that this was a finishing powder to brighten areas of the face in need of this, so swept some on my under-eye area and it did not seem to do anything and had the same effect that talcum powder would have - makes the skin feel soft but definitely doesn't cover any dark circles! I think perhaps there may be a special process to follow where this powder would create a lovely effect but even with foundation underneath, which should act as a primer, the powder didn't appear to do anything at all... I feel this purchase was a waste of money and certainly isn't worth £24 :-(

on 2/24/2012 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was very eager to try a sample of this product. The name alone is something to encourage the feeling that it really will do something "magical". At Sephora, I got a sample of this in the more yellow-toned shade, hoping it would work well to make my under-eye circles disappear. Sadly, I was really disappointed - the first time a Laura Mercier product has let me down. There's nothing either "secret" or "brightening" about this powder. I tried it as a concealer and it achieved nothing. I tried it over a more traditional concealer and it didn't do a thing to enhance the effectiveness of the concealer. I do use it now to "set" my under eye concealer and it works okay for that but then so does just about any other face powder. I think I will try this in the white shade (I'll get a sample again) but I would not repurchase this product. I've found Bare Escentuals Well Rested powder "concealer" to be far more effective when I use it to set my concealer - it actually adds a degree of "concealing" to that area.

on 2/19/2012 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I do like this product, but it's not what your thinking. I use this under my eyes after concealer and then I swipe it over my cheek bones to keep things even. I think, it definitely helps to keep my concealer in tack, and I have noticed less smearing and such. It does brighten under my eyes a little. But I don't look in the mirror and think, " Wow I look so refreshed and bright" however, I do notice a difference when I don't use it. I would buy it again, it's very light, and it does not at all appear cake like. I would recommend it, but it's not as amazing as some of the reviews I read before I purchased it myself made it out to me. But, everyones skin tone is different.

on 2/7/2012 9:27:00 PM

I'm kind of on the fence about this powder. I *think* it makes my undereye area look brighter, but I'm definitely not as positive about the effect as some of the other reviewers. And, it's one more step in my now lengthy (thanks, MUA!) makeup routine. On the plus side, the texture is incredibly light, and it doesn't settle into fine lines.

on 1/25/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Oh! I just don't get it! Can't make it work for me. I bought it after having a make over by the consultant at Myers. I wanted the setting powder, but she chose this for me instead. I can't see the difference. Also make me get black heads if I try to wear it too many days in a row (which I did to see if it did make any difference). I won't dispose of it quite yet..... Maybe I will have some kind of break through with it.