Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

on 12/28/2011 8:29:00 PM

A rediscovered mascara for me - I forgot how effective it is when you want to get to the roots of your lashes and great for the lower lashes. I use it for both the upper and lower but then usually top off the upper lashes with some other, more volumizing, mascara ( Armani Eyes to Kill right now). I have of late bought several Maybellline products I like. This is just a good mascara with a skinny effective wand.

on 12/28/2011 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite mascara I have ever used. Most people use this as a bottom lash mascara, but I use it on my top lashes, too. I don't love the look of dark, extremely voluminous lashes on me because I have black glasses so the combination looks too overpowering. But I this mascara makes my lashes very long without being ridiculously dark. Obviously, if you don't have the same issue with wanting it to not be too noticeable, you would probably not like this mascara, or you would use it for your bottom lashes, but this is PERFECT for me. I have already repurchased it, and for only about $5, I will definitely continue to do so. :)

on 12/9/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Use on my bottom lashes. Does the job with the little brush.

on 11/9/2011 12:00:00 PM

I have been wanting to try this mascara for quite some time as I love the concept of using a smaller brush to apply mascara to my sparse and short bottom lashes. Well it did a decent job during application of reaching all the lashes by providing coverage, length and definition, but that's about it. In terms of wear it completely failed for me as it smudged and flaked like crazy. I gave this mascara a few chances, but always ended up with the same bad results.

on 11/7/2011 8:14:00 PM

I tried this mascara after seeing that is was a 'Paula's pick' on beautypedia. I was surprised by how small the brush was. It does take some work to get to all the tiny lashes and 2-3 coats but the result was just as good as the one I get from Full and Soft my HG. It can't be beat for lower lashes. I think i will buy this on a regular basis along with my Full and Soft.

on 10/22/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I have very short thin eye lashes and this product works better for me than others I have tried. My favorite before this one was the standard Great Lash in the pink/green container. I really like the small brush. I am on my 3rd or 4th tube, one tube was somewhat dried out, and if that happens again I'll just make sure to return it (I was too lazy.)

I'm done trying to get the thickest longest lashes, mine just won't do that...so I'll just do the best with what I have.

I do have to wipe the brush off after about a week as it becomes a bit thicker. It lasts well enough too.

on 10/22/2011 3:23:00 AM

This mascara isn't bad if you're only going to be wearing it for an hour or two. After that it gave me raccoon eyes. I tried it several times on different days to give it a fair shot, but every time it did this. Please note that none of those times involved rain, epic heat, or sweat. And I don't typically experience raccoon eye from mascara. It DID seem to catch my lashes nicely, so maybe the waterproof version would work for some of you. Oddly enough, I'm going to give it a C. It's still going back to CVS, though.

on 10/12/2011 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have used Lash Discovery Waterproof formula for years now and would definitely recommend it. The thin, compact brush gets the hard-to-reach small lashes and the formulation isn't goopey, clumpy, and stays soft and flexible on the lashes. Even when I want to use a more defining mascara on top of it, this is a must-use base for me as it gets all the lashes and holds the curl.

I am sad to say that I believe it has been discontinued. This has been pulled out of my local CVS and when I went on the Maybelline site a few weeks ago, it said this product line was discontinued. However, there may be hope! I just checked the Maybelline site again and at least it no longer lists the Lash Discovery as discontinued just "out of stock". Here's to hoping this continues to be around as my go-to mascara.

This mascara is remarkable! Its super tiny brush helps define, and reach hard-to-get places! My lashes were super long after a few coats, and plus they're natural looking, not clumpy at all! This is overall probably my favorite mascara so far! It's definitely worth purchasing!

on 9/26/2011 8:57:00 PM

This mascara and its small slender brush is perfect for my lower lashes and in the corners of my eyes. While it doesn't add huge volume or length to my sparse and very light lashes it does define them nicely WITHOUT clumping. I have been buying this mascara for years and have never had a problem with it being dried out.

Popular Mascaras