November 28, 2014 | 2000 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by lynnmats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Lash Discovery Waterproof formula for years now and would definitely recommend it. The thin, compact brush gets the hard-to-reach small lashes and the formulation isn't goopey, clumpy, and stays soft and flexible on the lashes. Even when I want to use a more defining mascara on top of it, this is a must-use base for me as it gets all the lashes and holds the curl.

I am sad to say that I believe it has been discontinued. This has been pulled out of my local CVS and when I went on the Maybelline site a few weeks ago, it said this product line was discontinued. However, there may be hope! I just checked the Maybelline site again and at least it no longer lists the Lash Discovery as discontinued just "out of stock". Here's to hoping this continues to be around as my go-to mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by reneesonglover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is remarkable! Its super tiny brush helps define, and reach hard-to-get places! My lashes were super long after a few coats, and plus they're natural looking, not clumpy at all! This is overall probably my favorite mascara so far! It's definitely worth purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara and its small slender brush is perfect for my lower lashes and in the corners of my eyes. While it doesn't add huge volume or length to my sparse and very light lashes it does define them nicely WITHOUT clumping. I have been buying this mascara for years and have never had a problem with it being dried out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by laniscat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only mascara I use on my lower lashes regardless on what I use on my upper lashes. The tiny thin wand will coat the tiniest lash without getting mascara all over my skin. It comes in both regular and waterproof formulas. I hope Maybelline never discontinues it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by babygirl95

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the brush for this mascara, it is nice for reaching all the lashes, especially the lower lashes. However, immediately upon opening this mascara it was dried out. I have had it before and I had the same problem. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara did add length to my skimpy lashes, but it did not make them fuller. The result was that my lashes looked slightly spiky. Not what I was going for. The tiny brush is effective at seeking out and coating lashes in hard-to-reach places like on the inside and outside corners of your eyes and works better than standard-size brushes at coating bottom lashes, if a 60s look is what you're going for. During normal weather, this mascara held up just fine. When it was hot out (but not muggy), I had raccoon eyes within an hour of application.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by aDUCK036

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara, but I honestly do not love it. I am one of the many who suffers from little teeny tiny eyelashes. I thought that maybe a smaller brush might work out better in coating all of my thin, blonde, short, hard to reach Irish eyelashes and I wasn't surprised by the results. All it did was lengthen. And it took a lot of effort just to get to that. I guess if you WANT a natural look, then go crazy with this stuff! I, however, was naive in thinking such a small wand would give me what I wanted. A slight disappointment. Maybe ill layer it with BAD gal and well see if that works.:P best of luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jwj123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara and keep coming back to it for the tiny brush. If you have small eyes and stubby lashes, this is the mascara for you. I don't know who can use those big fat brushes on other mascaras but it isn't me!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by calamityjane85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went through my first tube of this in LOVE. At first I was a bit taken back by such a small wand as I have grown up using gigantic sized wands. Let me tell you.... it gives the most amazing length, and for those of us born with pityful excuses for lashes, its a miracle. The smaller wand gets the tiny lashes near the inner eye with out getting a mess everywhere. Now it doesn't give much volume, therefore I use it for day looks, or more natural makeup days. It lasts all day, and hasnt damaged my lashes. I always had the understanding drugstore mascaras were not any good, but I will be repurchasing a tube of this!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hivanessa28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, this is my FAVORITE mascara, and I'm so sad to read it didn't make better ratings. And Maybellline maybe discontinuing this soon as I can no longer find my brown-black and supplies are limited. My favorite thing about this mascara was the small brush that could reach the tiniest eyelashes, even near the corners. And without clumping to smear near the eye area when brushing the little corners. I only used the waterproof variety, so maybe it was the regular mascara that didn't work as well? This is my day time go to; natural looking.. and then I'd use a thicker mascara for going out at night. Hate to see it discontinued!