Smashbox Eyeshadow

4.2

on 3/2/2006 6:13:00 PM

I'm from the UK and Smashbox is nearly impossible to get hold of bar QVC and Ebay - I love the idea and look of Smashbox, they are sort of MAC-esque, I have quite a few of their items but I have to concede that for their kind of prices their products aren't as good as other premium brands. Their Eyeshadow (I have three) are very soft, quite nice to blend, but ultimately do not last longer than a few hours, and I have tried combining it with the waterproofer but alas, no avail.

on 1/31/2006 7:33:00 PM

love these shadows. yes, a little overpriced and smaller than drugstore shadows, but the pigments are so saturated that you don't need very much at all. they stay all day, blend easily, and always look beautiful. these really turned me on to Smashbox.

on 10/16/2005 1:10:00 PM

When I recieved this (from sephora.com, i had never tried this before buying it but needed a matte white shadow and smashbox had it) i thought they mistakenly gave me a sample eye shadow! the size is tiny for the $16 price tag. The texture was very sheer an chalky. I have since returned this. I guess i compare all shadows to my HG Bobbi Brown Shadows, they are huge (cost 20 bucks though) and great coverage and silky texture, well worth the money! Don't waste your money on these tiny smashbox rip off's

on 8/9/2005 10:07:00 PM

I have several Smashbox eyeshadows in a variety of colours, and my experience with them has been mixed. While the colour selection is terrific, the consistency of them has ranged from smooth and silky to rather coarse. I haven't had much luck with them lasting through the day. I prefer MAC, Christian Dior, Quo, or my personal favourite, Cat Cosmetics.

on 8/4/2005 7:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I could not believe the quality of their shadows. I ordered Smashing Zoom and it was better than I expected. Very highly pigmented and a little goes a long way! The texture is velvety and soft. I'm totally smitten. Previously I've used MAC, Urban Decay and Stila shadows. This totally blows them out of the water.

on 7/19/2005 10:20:00 PM

LOVE LOVE their eyeshadows.. the very BEST eyeshadows in my opinion.. my smashbox eyeshadow collections is alarmingly large. i can't get enough of their new colours.. colours are true and very long-lasting ;p

on 6/19/2005 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's a pretty average eyeshadow, I have two duos that were part of a kit. The colours aren't spectacular, I prefer really intense colours. You have to use quite a bit to get the intensity. It sinks into the creases pretty badly, too. For someone that prefers a natural looking makeup, these would be good. I'll stick with my Lise Watier

I abosulutely LOVE Smashbox e/s. The colors are wonderful, they add some shimmer, but not over the top and blend beautifully. I have Mac shadows as well and I always reach for my Smashbox shadows instead.

on 5/31/2005 5:22:00 PM

smashing daylight is the latest addition to my s-box shadows. its a duo of pink & green that was released with the spring '05 collection. the pink shade has been my favorite pink e/s to wear since i got my grubby little hands on this duo. i usually apply it with a damp brush because it makes the pink much more vivid, but wear it dry for more subtle days. the green shade doesn't have quite the pigment i had hoped for, but it is amazing when applied wet. i didn't think the colors would be very wearable when worn together, but it makes for a nice spring/summer look. same silky texture as i've experienced from my other s-box shadows and they blend so flawlessly. i love the screw off cap, it allows me to put a drop of water in the cap the dip my brushes in for wet application. daylight is LE, sold out in most places, but still avail if you do a little searching. its a beautiful shimmery duo that i really wish wasn't LE, but i guess i'll enjoy this little gem while i have it.

on 5/24/2005 12:00:00 PM

I wish smashbox used flip lids...that's my only complaint. I like how little of the shadows you need to work with, it'll last.

Top Rated Smashbox Products