Revlon Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

4.3

Frosting Powder: Potassium Persulfate , Sodium Metasilicate , Sodium Stearate , Sucrose , Sodium Persulfate , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Chloride , Sodium Silicate , Silica , Hydrated Silica , EDTA , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Ultramarines (CI 77007) , Cream Developer: Aqua (Water) , Hydrogen Peroxide , Cetearyl Alcohol , Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Cyclopentasiloxane , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Amodimethicone , C11-15 Pareth-7 , Laureth-9 , Trideceth-12 , Glycerin , Ceteareth-20 , Steareth-10 Allyl Ether , Acrylates Copolymer , Disodium Phosphate , Phosphoric Acid , EDTA , Methylparaben , After Highlighting Shampoo: Aqua (Water) , Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauramide MEA , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Hydrolyzed Silk , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium C14-17 Alkyl SEC Sulfonate , Stearamine Oxide , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , PEG-23M , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Citric Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Parfum (Fragrance) , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Limonene , Amyl Cinnamal , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , After Highlighting Conditioner: Aqua (Water) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Linoleamidopropyl Dimethylamine Dimer Dilinoleate , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Panthenol , Panthenyl Ethyl Ether , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Amodimethicone , Diisostearoyl Trimethylolpropane Siloxy Silicate , Isostearyl Glycolate , Triisostearyl Citrate , Diisostearyl Malate , Isostearyl Lactate , Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate , Methoxypropylgluconamide , Ceteareth-20 , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Trideceth-12 , Cetrimonium Chloride , Parfum (Fragrance) , Isopropyl Alcohol , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Benzoate , Citronellol , Amyl Cinnamal , Citric Acid , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

on 2/8/2013 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I usually do not write reviews but i had to.....i have highlight before with so so results but after reading reviews on here and following some tips my highlights came out awesome!! Instead of using the kit for blondes like i usually do i got the honey highlights. I did the cap myself. I did by the magicap and metal hook from sally beauty supply and glad i did. This kit cost under $7.00 and looks like i went to the salon!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this to do my ombre, in the "honey" color. It works well, the color comes out great. I don't usually use the cap but sometimes I will do a few highlights aroount the front. The packaging/mixing thingy kinda sucks but its like $6 so I can't complain.

on 2/6/2013 7:36:00 PM

Ok, I tried this product for the first time on my light-red dyed hair. It worked perfectly! I ended up with beautiful light-blonde highlights. I have a pixie cut and I used all the holes in the hat on the front, hoping to highlight my bangs. It took me about an hour to get the hair through the hat and apply the dye. Then I left it on for about 30 mins, checking often. It looks gorgeous, I'll definitely be using this product again.

on 2/4/2013 8:24:00 PM

Unfortunately I didn't have quite as good a result as almost everyone else! I do dye my hair quite frequently. In the past 8 years it's been every color you can imagine! Over the summer I had blond hair which I had highlighted every 6 weeks or so at the salon. When school rolled back around and I couldn't work as much, I dyed my hair a medium brown because I simply couldn't afford the highlights any longer. Over the following months I began missing my blond and used Colo Oops! to take out the brown with very little damage, and have been using ammonia free blond dyes to lighten my hair up. On a whim, I bought this kit to try to speed up the lightening process! I had my fiance help me with pulling my hair through the cap (poor baby!) and left the bleach on for only 20 minutes. The mid-level color has a 25 volume developer in it, so I wasn't too worried about damage -- but I should have been! Though my hair has been through a lot, I baby it like crazy. Before the bleach it was soft and had almost no signs of damage. As I was washing the bleach out, chunks of my hair were coming with it! I let it air dry, fearing heat would make it all fall out, and realized the last three inches of my long, pretty hair were completely destroyed. I ran right out the nest day and had most of the damage cut off and a moisturizing and repairing treatment done, but my hair is going to take several weeks of TLC to get back into any good shape. All that being said, the color really is gorgeous. No brassiness at all, even though I took it off after only 20 minutes. If you have virgin hair you might be able to pull this off, but if you color/heat style your hair often stay away!!

on 1/21/2013 1:44:00 AM

I bought this in the shade "Honey". I have black permanent dye on my hair, so I was really nervous about using this. I thought it'd come out orange and brassy. I was so wrong. It came out beautifully, no brassiness and little damage. Will definitely repurchase in the future when I need to touch it up. I do recommend doing a strand test (the kit has instructions) so that you know how long to leave it in your hair.

on 1/20/2013 2:54:00 PM

I loves this product!! Very cheap, got mine at cvs. I was really hesitant at first because I've bleached my hair before and damaged it pretty bad. This stuff was easy to use and my hair is still really soft! I would recommend doing the strand test first and taking off about 10 minutes due to the heat on your head processing it quicker. I used all the circles and ended up pulling very small amounts of hair through because I was scared it was going to be brassy! My hair looks like I walked out of a salon, if not better. No brassiness and my hair looks natural and beautiful ! I will definitely use again in a bout a week to add more around face frame area! If you want salon hair for cheap, I highly recommend this!

on 1/5/2013 6:34:00 PM

This product is great! I used it for the first time today and was amazed at the results. Like other reviews have said, the finished product looks like I got my hair done in a salon! My hair is naturally a dark dishwater blonde so for years I have been trying at home color to try and lighten it with minimal success. I usually end up with it turning brassy and then end up at the salon getting highlights to cover up the brassiness. I was again at that point where the color did not look good but with money tight did not want to go to the salon again and then I read reviews for Revlon Frost and Glow. I figured the worst that could happen is I would end up at the salon. For $6.99 my hair looks fabulous and I will never go back to all over color or the salon for highlights again. Mad that I have spent so much money over the years on bad color and expensive salon visits! It was time consuming but I was able to do it by myself and once I got the hang of pulling the hair through the cap it was really not too bad. I left the mixture on for 30mn but could have probably rinsed it out sooner but I know my hair alway comes up quickly. Color is a perfect blonde that blends in perfectly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive been using this since I was 18 years old (now in my early 30's). This has been the absolute best highlighting kit, that never gives my dark hair brassiness, and always comes out a perfect cool honey blonde, and gets more better everytime I touch it up!

I used to paint biolage streaks in my hair using a comb but recently started using the cap, and although it can take a bit long to really get the perfect strands out, it works great everytime.

One thing you can do to make sure you get to the root as much as possible is make sure the cap is as tight as you can.

*I also use the highlighting cap when wanting to make permanent hair color streaks-works really perfect too! Plus I always worry about the PPD toxic dye touching my scalp, so I sometimes use the highlighting cap and use ALL of the holes and use a permanent hair color, then a week later I then use the highlighting cap for the highlights and only use the "circled" holes. ;)

I read about 10 pages of comments on this review and watched all the tutorials on YouTube before doing this kit. I have dishwater blonde hair naturally, which was dyed a medium ash blonde. Unfortunately, my hair came out almost completely bleach blonde, not really highlighted. If you have really fine hair (like me!), pull about HALF as much hair through the holes (or use only the circles) as people in the tutorials. Because of the fineness of the hair, the same amount to the naked eye as someone with thicker hair is actually a lot more.

on 12/30/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Impressive product! I was scared to death to try to frost/highlight my own hair, but after using the product I will definitely be doing it from now on. For the last several years I've been coloring my own hair due to never having time for the salon and not wanting to fork out the money. But, I've never been very happy with the all over one color look. When I was going to a salon I was getting a weave of colors to cover/blend in my grays. I wanted to go back to doing that since the all over color damages my fine hair so much and I'm tired of my hair being so dark. But I was also afraid to try lighter or blonder colors. So, today I used this product on my dark auburn color (my natural color is med brown with 50% gray) and it looks wonderful. My hair is about 4 inches past my shoulders. I had no problem pulling through the cap whatsoever. It took about 20 minutes. I thought perhaps I wasn't getting enough hair through, but it turned out just right. I used only the circled holes. Next time I will likely use all of them. It didn't seem to damage my hair at all and my hair damages easily. I left it on about 40 minutes. Gosh, I just wish I'd done this several years ago!

Popular Hair Color Products