October 25, 2014 | 1682 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

My HG clarifying shampoo. I use this every now and then when I notice build up. I must follow up with a rich conditioner. My hair is fine, highlighted and prone to dryness so I only use this as needed. This has never destroyed my hair like some other clarifying shampoos have in the past. So far loving it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works great, much better than Bumble & Bumble Sunday shampoo, and I prefer it to the Aveda clarifying shampoo that had previously been my HG, for scent, bottle design and results.

I moved from a soft water area to a hard water area, and my long, thick hair started going crazy - dry ends, greasy roots, coated, sticky feel, totally unmanageable and just looked awful! I was at my wits end until I did my research and bought this wonder shampoo. I use it once a week so my hair looks as nice as possible when I straighten it for the weekend. The rest of the week I use normal or sulphate free shampoos as I'm trying to preserve the life of my color and Brazilian blow dry, and can really tell the difference.

I use a deep treatment after this shampoo, so haven't noticed my hair being any drier than usual as a result of using this. Try this ladies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I got this to try as a clarifying shampoo. This definitely does clarify my hair and makes it swea,y clean. This is a little too harsh for my hair. I prefer the Redken extreme or the Paul Mitchell shampoo three. I definitely want to try the Paul Mitchell shampoo two before I decide which me is the best. This was just too much for my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This clarifier is alright, I mean, it did remove the significant build up from the hair. My problem is the dryness I experienced afterward, so hard to comb my hair. After I deep conditioned my hair still looked a little dry. It does the job but really strips the hair shaft. Perhaps I left it on too long?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mnarea90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really love this product! I've been using Neutrogena Clarifying shampoo for several years now but I don't really think it works very well, so I decided to try something else. It costs $25 for a liter at Ulta, so it's a little pricey. It has a weird consistency; it really is like a cream. I was a little skeptical at first but it seems to be a great clarifying shampoo! If your hair is dry and tangly like mine, make sure you use conditioner (Redken All Soft conditioner seems to work well).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best anti-residue/clarifying shampoo i have ever used! it works everytime! it has a citrus-y scent and foams up in seconds.i use it once a week to reduce the residue from my usual shampoos. its a rather expensive product, but a small bottle i bought in march lasted me till now, and theres still 3/4 of a bottle left! you seriously dont need much! it is defenetly worth the money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

This shampoo is amazing! It smells like oranges and lemons. Really zing-y . I'm a guy and although my hair may not be as long as you lovely ladies it still needs to be clarified as I straighten it everyday (almost) and use serums for frizz. Usually my shampoo can get rid of this but I like to do this as a treatment. Over the weekend I clarify the night before. I massage this into my scalp and really let it get rid of all that build up. I leave it for about 5 ish minutes. When I rinse my hair is literally squeaky clean! Something I'd fear it it were a normal shampoo but this is ok since my goal is stripped hair (stripped of gunk) when I get out of my shower I run argan (organic) oil through my hair. I really let that stuf drench in. And I leave it in overnight as a mask. All day the next day too. When I shampoo and condition later my hair is so silky and smooth!
A bonus . I don't think this strips any color out. Which is good! A bit pricey (17 wear I get it) but I get the huge bottle and only use it once or twice a week. So it's worth it.

Edit: I've found another way to use this ! As prep for my protein treatment.I clarify with this, then do the protein , and follow with a hefty amount of moisture

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by BabyBear2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm sad to say that the newly repackaged hair cleansing cream has different ingredients, so the formula has definitely changed. I'm trying to buy older packaging bottles whenever I can find one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For my fine, straight, long and slightly greasy hair this is the best shampoo I have ever used. Full stop.
It is not cheap but I always let it soak in 10 minutes in the shower to get the best cleansing results so I don't have to use it everytime I wash my hair.
It produces a soft cushiony lather that doesn't dry out my hair and leaves it incredibly soft and shiny. I do believe that it takes away all the residues that cause dullness.
Since I use this shampoo, my hair is weightless and holds curls so much easier after I use my Ghd iron because it is really clean and nothing weighs it down.
Once again, the hype is true and I have found a new HG, thanks to MUA :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hairdresser recommended it for me because back then I had a green tinge to my blonde hair. The green is probably due to copper pipes, and the shampoo really helped to get rid of it. Now I live in a different place (the copper pipes are at my parents' place) and I still use this shampoo every now and then to deep cleanse.

My hairdresser said I should use a deep conditioner after using it because it can be quite harsh. I haven't used it without and my hair feels fine.

It really is a very creamy shampoo that smells quite fruity.

The packaging is a little boring, but oh well.

I thought it was a bit pricy but since I only use it every now and then it's okay I guess, and when you are blonde with green issues then it really is a lifesaver (I tried loads of different things to get rid of the green such as ketchup which was disgusting and aspirin which worked but was difficult to apply).

Thus, if I had green issues again I would repurchase, but as a cleansing shampoo I think there are much cheaper options out there that will do the trick.