September 2, 2014 | 2238 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This clarifier is alright, I mean, it did remove the significant build up from the hair. My problem is the dryness I experienced afterward, so hard to comb my hair. After I deep conditioned my hair still looked a little dry. It does the job but really strips the hair shaft. Perhaps I left it on too long?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mnarea90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really love this product! I've been using Neutrogena Clarifying shampoo for several years now but I don't really think it works very well, so I decided to try something else. It costs $25 for a liter at Ulta, so it's a little pricey. It has a weird consistency; it really is like a cream. I was a little skeptical at first but it seems to be a great clarifying shampoo! If your hair is dry and tangly like mine, make sure you use conditioner (Redken All Soft conditioner seems to work well).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best anti-residue/clarifying shampoo i have ever used! it works everytime! it has a citrus-y scent and foams up in seconds.i use it once a week to reduce the residue from my usual shampoos. its a rather expensive product, but a small bottle i bought in march lasted me till now, and theres still 3/4 of a bottle left! you seriously dont need much! it is defenetly worth the money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

This shampoo is amazing! It smells like oranges and lemons. Really zing-y . I'm a guy and although my hair may not be as long as you lovely ladies it still needs to be clarified as I straighten it everyday (almost) and use serums for frizz. Usually my shampoo can get rid of this but I like to do this as a treatment. Over the weekend I clarify the night before. I massage this into my scalp and really let it get rid of all that build up. I leave it for about 5 ish minutes. When I rinse my hair is literally squeaky clean! Something I'd fear it it were a normal shampoo but this is ok since my goal is stripped hair (stripped of gunk) when I get out of my shower I run argan (organic) oil through my hair. I really let that stuf drench in. And I leave it in overnight as a mask. All day the next day too. When I shampoo and condition later my hair is so silky and smooth!
A bonus . I don't think this strips any color out. Which is good! A bit pricey (17 wear I get it) but I get the huge bottle and only use it once or twice a week. So it's worth it.

Edit: I've found another way to use this ! As prep for my protein treatment.I clarify with this, then do the protein , and follow with a hefty amount of moisture

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by BabyBear2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm sad to say that the newly repackaged hair cleansing cream has different ingredients, so the formula has definitely changed. I'm trying to buy older packaging bottles whenever I can find one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For my fine, straight, long and slightly greasy hair this is the best shampoo I have ever used. Full stop.
It is not cheap but I always let it soak in 10 minutes in the shower to get the best cleansing results so I don't have to use it everytime I wash my hair.
It produces a soft cushiony lather that doesn't dry out my hair and leaves it incredibly soft and shiny. I do believe that it takes away all the residues that cause dullness.
Since I use this shampoo, my hair is weightless and holds curls so much easier after I use my Ghd iron because it is really clean and nothing weighs it down.
Once again, the hype is true and I have found a new HG, thanks to MUA :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hairdresser recommended it for me because back then I had a green tinge to my blonde hair. The green is probably due to copper pipes, and the shampoo really helped to get rid of it. Now I live in a different place (the copper pipes are at my parents' place) and I still use this shampoo every now and then to deep cleanse.

My hairdresser said I should use a deep conditioner after using it because it can be quite harsh. I haven't used it without and my hair feels fine.

It really is a very creamy shampoo that smells quite fruity.

The packaging is a little boring, but oh well.

I thought it was a bit pricy but since I only use it every now and then it's okay I guess, and when you are blonde with green issues then it really is a lifesaver (I tried loads of different things to get rid of the green such as ketchup which was disgusting and aspirin which worked but was difficult to apply).

Thus, if I had green issues again I would repurchase, but as a cleansing shampoo I think there are much cheaper options out there that will do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by janemarieo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After moving from NY to CA my hair dried out so much from the hard water. I got this shampoo as well a water softer (an attachment for the shower head that filters out impurities). I have been using the shampoo every 2 weeks so I don't damage my highlights with overuse. I definitely see a very noticeable difference in my hair. It is softer, easier to brush when I get out of the shower, and overall less dry and brittle. I'm sure the water softener is doing a bulk of this work, I think It helps strip put anything the filter is missing. Even so, the days I use the shampoo my hair actually feels lighter and cleaner. Right after rinsing it will feel a bit thick and dry but a little extra conditioner cures that. A clarifying shampoo is something I would recommend adding to your routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of Redken shampoos. I normally use the So Soft range which is perfect for my hair. I've tried various clarifying type shampoos from drugstore cheapies to high end professional brands and they all worked pretty much the same....they would over strip my hair and in the end make it look worse than when I started. This one is different. It doesn't dryout my hair and the shine is back! I wear my hair long and straight (thanks to my t3 iron) and it's also naturally silver. The shine is ultra important to me as it makes the difference between my hair looking my age or like it did when I was a kid. This shampoo helps me achieve both the shine and squeaky clean hair. I use it once a week but I can see me using it more in the summer heat. I hope they continue to make it forever and never change the formula. It's the best!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I typically use WEN for my dry, color treated, BKT'd hair and was looking for a gentle clarifying shsmpoo. I like to clarify once a month due to my serum and hair spray use. This lathered so much and left my wet hair feeling like dry straw, so I was concerned. I followed with WEN and Revitaluxe. I was left wigh shiny, build up free hair. I will continue to use monthly even though my hair felt dry after shampooing. I'll just follow with my usual products and be good to go!