April 18, 2014 | 1932 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hairdresser recommended it for me because back then I had a green tinge to my blonde hair. The green is probably due to copper pipes, and the shampoo really helped to get rid of it. Now I live in a different place (the copper pipes are at my parents' place) and I still use this shampoo every now and then to deep cleanse.

My hairdresser said I should use a deep conditioner after using it because it can be quite harsh. I haven't used it without and my hair feels fine.

It really is a very creamy shampoo that smells quite fruity.

The packaging is a little boring, but oh well.

I thought it was a bit pricy but since I only use it every now and then it's okay I guess, and when you are blonde with green issues then it really is a lifesaver (I tried loads of different things to get rid of the green such as ketchup which was disgusting and aspirin which worked but was difficult to apply).

Thus, if I had green issues again I would repurchase, but as a cleansing shampoo I think there are much cheaper options out there that will do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by janemarieo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After moving from NY to CA my hair dried out so much from the hard water. I got this shampoo as well a water softer (an attachment for the shower head that filters out impurities). I have been using the shampoo every 2 weeks so I don't damage my highlights with overuse. I definitely see a very noticeable difference in my hair. It is softer, easier to brush when I get out of the shower, and overall less dry and brittle. I'm sure the water softener is doing a bulk of this work, I think It helps strip put anything the filter is missing. Even so, the days I use the shampoo my hair actually feels lighter and cleaner. Right after rinsing it will feel a bit thick and dry but a little extra conditioner cures that. A clarifying shampoo is something I would recommend adding to your routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of Redken shampoos. I normally use the So Soft range which is perfect for my hair. I've tried various clarifying type shampoos from drugstore cheapies to high end professional brands and they all worked pretty much the same....they would over strip my hair and in the end make it look worse than when I started. This one is different. It doesn't dryout my hair and the shine is back! I wear my hair long and straight (thanks to my t3 iron) and it's also naturally silver. The shine is ultra important to me as it makes the difference between my hair looking my age or like it did when I was a kid. This shampoo helps me achieve both the shine and squeaky clean hair. I use it once a week but I can see me using it more in the summer heat. I hope they continue to make it forever and never change the formula. It's the best!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I typically use WEN for my dry, color treated, BKT'd hair and was looking for a gentle clarifying shsmpoo. I like to clarify once a month due to my serum and hair spray use. This lathered so much and left my wet hair feeling like dry straw, so I was concerned. I followed with WEN and Revitaluxe. I was left wigh shiny, build up free hair. I will continue to use monthly even though my hair felt dry after shampooing. I'll just follow with my usual products and be good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by GooMavs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is AMAZING. I always, always had residue in my hair after showering. Nothing I did would get rid of it. Finally I tracked this stuff down from the Hair Cuttery and I'm in love! I use it everyday with no problems. Now I have bouncy, healthy hair with no greasy feeling after washing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a year now and absolutely love it. I use it approximately once a week to remove build-up, and I use it before doing a protein treatment. It leaves my hair amazingly shiny, bouncy, and beautiful; I always get compliments on my hair on the days that I use this. I also love that it's gentle and not drying (if used in rotation with my regular shampoo). For reference, I have very fine, thin hair that has been damaged from color treating and highlighting for years. My favorite part of this shampoo is that it gives my usually flat hair body and life. Will repurchase when I run out but I'm still on my first bottle! A little goes a long way.
*UPDATE - 10/9/2012 -- This bottle has lasted me FOREVER. My original review was in Dec. 2011 and I had already had the bottle for quite some time (a year?), and it's now Sept. 2012 and I'm still on the same bottle. It's pretty low towards the bottom now but it'll probably last me until this December! That's probably around 2 years worth out of one bottle. Granted, I went through a period where I was only using this once every 4-5 weeks, but now I'm back to using it every 1-2 weeks, still loving it. Although, I did notice the other day when I used it that my scalp was slightly itchy for the rest of the day, but I'm not sure if it was from this or perhaps from another product.. Will update if I notice this again with this product. Anyway, I think this is a great product and I'm thrilled that it has lasted this long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best clarifying shampoo I've ever tried! It does exactly what I want it to do! It removes styling products and residue from my hair, makes it bright and shiny, doesn't dry my bleached hair out at all. It is safe for colour treated hair too.
It has a very pleasant citrus scent which doesn't linger after the wash. foams up nicely too. No matter how much product I've used it makes my hair squeaky clean and shiny after wash. I usually use it 2 week, you can either follow with your normal shampoo or use conditioner or hair mask straight afterwards, depending on how much product or oil you've had in your hair to start with.

I've purchased 1L bottle after trying 250 ml one because it became a staple in my bathroom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

cleanses very very well without leaving hair with that aggressively stripped feeling. Hair is left clean, shiny and still soft to the touch. I wouldn't use this everyday as naturally my hair is on the dry side but this works well for me to use about once a week for removing product build- up. I don't give it 5 because I the joico chelating shampoo is just better and I will be purchasing that instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by jaqi16

First off, I've used a couple Redken products before, and was not impressed. They didn't seem to do much for my hair. So I was a little hesitant to try this, but I am so glad I did. I really like this shampoo. I used it to clean my hair of buildup from another product. And it worked wonderfully, it got rid of the buildup and dander caused by the other product. My hair tends to be dry and frizzy, with an oily scalp. This left my hair really clean, but not dried out. It left my hair full of volume. Although I'm not using the product that was causing the dander, this worked so well I will definitely repurchase. I think I am going to try to use this once a week or every other week. I am going to get the liter size next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since this is not only a clarifying shampoo, but also a chelating one, I use this roughly once a week to thoroughly wash my hair of that week's styling products (usually hair wax) and to help in the "battle" against hard water. It leaves my coarse, Asian hair completely clean, but not stripped at all, plus it doesn't irritate my sensitive scalp despite the fact that it's fragranced. The fragrance itself is very light and vaguely lemon-y. Also, you don't need to use a lot as it lathers like crazy, so even a smaller [10.1 fl oz/300mL] bottle should last a long time.