November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 4:51:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

I love chanel polishes the colours are always stunning and bang on trend each season. There is always one I must have in every collection. They apply beautifully and are always bottle colour in two applcations, the brush is great and the bottles are elegant and fit easily into your hand making application a breeze. The polish itself dries quicker between coats than any other polish I have tried and they are always super shiny. They can sometimes chip after two days wear but I have found that if you use the Chanel basecoat and a good topcoat (like seche) the polish lasts much longer. A pedicure can last over a week no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Svanhvit

LOVE this. Greatest polish ever - so expensive but it lasts longer than almost every other brand and I nearly always finish each one (unheard of for me - usually I get sick of them or they dry out before they're finished). So I think it's a false economy to buy cheap varnish, unless you're crazy about wearing loads of different colours. I have Chanel Le Vernis in Cassis (hot pinky red), Rose Perle (golden pink frost - I've never been able to find this again), Ballerina (pale baby pink), and Rouge Noir (black red. Obviously.) Above all, I love the packaging, it's just stunning.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by star54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm, I find it odd that I might be the only one experiencing this with Chanel nail polishes, but they are NOT long lasting. In fact they chip faster than any other nail polish brand I have ever, ever tried!
Judging by the name, and price tag you'd think this is the be-all end-all nail polish, but that is just not the case.

That said, the color selection is pretty great. They literally have something for everyone, from soft pale pinks, to black, and with the new Robertson Blvd Collection, even yellow! So I genuinely do love that about Chanel, they're not afraid of colour.

My disappointment with their staying power has not held me back from purchasing this product again and again. I literally own over 100. The colors are all fantastic.
I just felt compelled to write a review in response to everyone's claim that these nail polishes last a long time... my experience has shown me the polar opposite.
So my suggestion is this: if you love a particular Chanel color go ahead and buy it. But don't avoid other brands of nail polish and rush over to Chanel simply because of the name and reputation. That does not always guarantee that you are buying the best product on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour! It is the best nail polish formula you can buy. It comes in the most gorgeous colors, and has superior resistance to chipping compared to "professional" brands like OPI and Essie. The shelf life of these polishes is extremely long as well. They don't get thick and goopy after years of sitting like other brands do. They are expensive, but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

$$$ but so worth it. great shades, shiny finish, awesome staying power. love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this in Flamingo - the summer LE. Outside of its quality (which is outstanding) it is a pretty pink colour - like a 60's kind of pink. Not strong, but to me, nicely trailer chic. Very easy to apply, very easy to wear, good everyday colour for everything. It does need three coats for some reason to really get good coverage, but otherwise, looks nice with tanned hands and it is a good, warmer pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mizplacedcitygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE chanel nail polishes and have reviewed a few colors. However, so far there are NO reviews for the new LA summer colors.
Rodeo Drive. That's the ONLY color someone one needs this summer. It's cheeky, PURPLE, and screams summer fling. It's absolutely gorgeous and isn't annoying or shimmery like most "summer" colors! A MUST BUY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Recently I bought new color Classis from summer collection! It's amazing! I'm in love with this color!!!
This polish glides perfectly on nails. Thought I am not sure that its lasting power is longer then cheaper polishes.
But Chanel polishes colors are so chic and devine, that I will always buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 8:09:00 AM More reviews by BABYBLUEBMW

I am not sure how anyone does not like this!!! I have never had a polish stay on this long before...Gorgeous colors, goes on fantastic and stays on like a superglue without the sticky mess and the inability to come off. I love blanc ceramic, pink satin and pink flamingo!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in no. 167 Ballerina.

I wanted a very natural colour for my nails and the SA said this would be it.

I have weaned myself of Nails Inc. long lasting manicure where they put on UV gel nail coating as it looks fantastic but was costing me too much.

I gently buff my nails as I get ridge nail on thumb nails, then put on two coats of this and it lasts me a week without looking like it needs anything done to it. I dont use a base or top coat. Dries much quicker than other polishes I have used in the past.

My only gripe is the top of the bottle, I have to pull off the square top to get to the round top! Ah well cest la vie.

Bit pricey at 13 for 13ml bottle but I would reccomend it and will repurchase, although this has Bismuth Oxychloride and I am supposed to be avoiding so we'll see.

ingredients: v small writing so please forgive any spelling blunders : )
butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, nitocellulose, phythalic anydride/trimellitic anhydride/glycols copolymer, isopropyl alcohol, acetyl tributyl citrate, isobutyl acetate, styrene/acrylates copolymer, stearalkonium hectorite, benzophenone-1, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, algae extract, dimethicone.
(+/- may contain) cl 12085 (red 36), cl 15850 (red 7 lake), cl 15880 (red 34 lake), cl 19140 (yellow 5 lake), 75170 (guanine), cl 75470 (carmine), cl 77000 (aluminium powder), cl 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), cl 77491, cl 77492, cl 77499 (iron oxides), cl 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), cl 477742 (manganese se violet), cl 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

phew!