Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5% and titanium dioxide 3.2% Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, zea mays (corn) kernel extract, PEG-30 glyceryl stearate, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, ceramide 3, glycine soja (soybean) oil, carnauba wax, caffeine, cellulose gum, 2-oleamido-1,3 octadecanediol, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, alcohol denat., disodium stearoyl glutamate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, polycaprolactone, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, tocopherol. May contain: bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides.

on 10/1/2010 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OK. So I've been eyeing Lancome foundation for a while. I'm pretty much turning into a foundation junkie and use two foundations a day. First, CoverFX creme then MUFE HD in 135, Vanilla. For a change, I thought I would try the Lancome Renergie Lifting Foundation. After all, Lancome has a great reputation. I'm older, and like to fool around with different makeup to get various effects on making my skin look younger. I go to Nordstrom and the s/a tells me I need "Lifting Claire 30" She puts some on my hand. "Ohhhh." I tell her"It looks too orangy/yellow". "NO" she demands "THIS is YOUR color".
Why do I allow this to happen to me? I must have "Doormat" written across my forehead. Last time this happened with foundation, Sephora's s/a gave me the wrong color in MUFE HD. I went back to return for 135 and it IS perfect. Back to Lancome...
I was too tired at that point to argue, so I went home with this foundation anyway.
Tried it once. It oxidized. Tried it twice, it just looks WRONG!!!
What really gets me angry and frustrated about this is that I'm sick and tired of SOME S/A's who do not have the time to sit with you and try different foundations. I had gone into Nord's. just when this s/a told me that she was getting ready to leave--and ME, being the "I need to have this now" kind of person--well...I still did not deserve that kind of garbage.
I have given this one lipstick because the texture of this foundation is very nice. It glides on which is absolutely a lovely quality. However, Lancome or Nordstroms,--whoever hires these s/a's needs to send them to cosmetology school to learn how to give a woman the correct color foundation. Purchasing foundation should not be a stressful shopping event--it should be knowledgeable and pleasurable.
Will I purchase this again? No. I'll just stick to what I am using.
ARRRRRGH!!
UPDATE---UPDATE!!!!OK. I feel like a jerk but I've done a complete turn-around on this foundation. Perhaps my skin has changed or maybe it is that I've started using Lancome skincare over the past few months--my relationship with the S/A has even changed 100 percent for the better. However, I gave this another chance. My Tarte foundation and my MUF foundation have been looking rather "heavy"--perhaps it is the change in season. So, I decided to give the Lancome another try. It turns out--that I'm loving this. Is my skin bi-polar? I dunno. However, I decided to add a little illuminator to this and dab it on lightly and blend, blend, blend with a foundation brush and no longer does it oxidize. It blends nicely and gives my face a nice finish. I feel bad that I had given this such a poor review originally, but things change--and sometimes for the better!

on 8/20/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation lasts all day, and I have used it all summer without powder. Since I hyperpigment, I have to have a sunscreen, and putting sunscreen under foundation is a nightmare. I put this on and forget about it - hides lines, won't sink into pores, and the ladies at Lancome always find the right shade.

on 8/10/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Wow. What a tremendous product. I have very pale, sensitive, fussy, sometimes-oily, sometimes-dry, acne-prone skin that's difficult to please. There are several foundations I like well enough (Bobbi Brown Natural Finish in Porcelain, Laura Mercier Silk Creme in Soft Ivory, MAC Studio Sculpt in NC 15), but the BB provides less coverage than I'd like, the LM breaks me out with daily use, and the MAC, for whatever reason, just doesn't agree with my skin. Lancome's Renergie Lifting Foundation in shade Porcelain 10 (NC) scores high on every mark with me. Perfect color match, glorious silky texture, endurance, sunscreen, full coverage, and absolutely no breakouts. This is my first Lancome purchase (bought in tandem with the Dual Finish powder--I'm a bit more on the fence about this one), but it will not be my last. I feel like I've wasted years of time, money, and attention on Chanel, BB, LM, and Nars. Who knew?!?!?! (Apparently many people but me.) Buy this. Particularly if you seek a medium/full coverage foundation and have tough-to-please skin that seems to waver between dry and moderately oily.

on 7/17/2010 3:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice foundation but I wasn't able to find a shade that matches my complexion, which has a neutral pinkish tone. The 2 Cs are either too light or too pink. Chanel foundations offer a better color selection.

Update - I found a color that matches (Clair 20 - NC) and I'm very satisfied with this foundation. It's comfortable and lasts all day.

on 6/16/2010 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the way this looks on my skin! It gives this beautiful finish that makes you look healthy, pretty, and radiant. I have very dry skin, so the lady at the counter recommended this for me. However, even with La Base underneath my dry patches stand out annoyingly :[

For reference I apply with La Base and the #2 foundation brush from Lancome.

I'm not sure if this foundation breaks me out as I always have milia on my forehead... but I'm pretty sure it doesn't! For now I give it a five because it lasts sooo long (through 8 hours of school, no powdering!) the coverage and finish is great. Pricey though..

on 5/22/2010 10:59:00 AM

I have loved Lancome foundations because I find that they don't cause my skin any issues. I am loving the renergie lift. I wear a 2C because the 1 is too chalky looking for me. I keeps my skin looking healthy and covers imperfections well. I wear it with my HG Laura Mercier translucent.

on 4/30/2010 7:35:00 PM

I really like this makeup. I got it just over a week ago and used it everyday since. I was a little hesitent to get it because I don't really need any lifting. But my skin is dry and the SA said that this was the foundation to get. It is very easy to blend, looks really natural and gives a fabulous glow. Is it HG? I don't know. It's the best I've tried so far but I'm still keeping my eyes open for something I love that isn't quite as pricey.

on 3/2/2010 3:24:00 PM

Now that I am 31, my skin is severely dry and also acne prone. This foundation is very comforting for my skin, while looking light and natural and hasn't caused any breakouts. My skin glows after applying. Does not settle into pores or fine lines. It has medium coverage, never looks cakey on me. I am NC 30 in MAC foundations and I'm using Clair 25 which is a perfect match. Also, this lasts most of the day, although my skin sucks some of the moisture out of this foundation by the end of the day. I was using Lancome's Absolue bx for a few years only in winter, but it made me looked a little greasy and heavy, and I couldn't find a perfect color match. This one is more moisturizing that Teint Idole Ultra (which I use in hot weather) but less moisturizing that the Absolue bx, not to mention, it's $25 cheaper that the bx.

on 1/29/2010 12:45:00 PM

Lovely foundation.

As many here have written, this goes on terrific with a foundation brush, and a little goes a very long way.

Luminous finish. Not sure about the "lifting," but the coverage and finish are about the best I've had in a long time, the color's beautiful, natural, and forgiving.

Very long wearing, also. Little oxidation by the end of the day. Touches up easily without loosing its "luminous" quality. Builds well without morphing into a mask.

A definite repurchase. I've been wearing just about everyday since purchasing it, and I've been delighted.

No breakouts.

on 12/12/2009 10:24:00 PM

I like this foundation. I was given a sample and ended up going back to purchase this. I feel like it covers me the way I want but without being to heavy. I use a blush brush to put it on and I like the way it looks and I use very little each time. I like that you can make it heavier if you want/need to. The price is a little steep but if I only have to use a pump or so, I think it will last me a long time. I have never used lancome products before so this was my first experience with it and so far so good. I keep reaching for it so I would put it near the top of my list of faves.