October 30, 2014 | 1121 users online

Bronzers - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Bronze Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by withoutblinking

I've been mixing this concentrate with my moisturizer for two months now, and I can officially say that it is my HG. I've tried almost every foundation/TM in existence, but this is the only thing I've found that evens my skin tone without making my pores look huge or feeling like a gross mask. I know that it looks a bit scary at first, but it goes on so naturally that you would never know how dark it is in the bottle. I have really sensitive skin that breaks out with a lot of facial products. I can't say for sure whether it's the bronzer or just not using other heavier products, but my skin has improved tremendously in the time that I've have been using this. My only slight issues are that it tends to make me a little oily in the t-zone by mid-day (corrected with a few blots) and that it is a bit more expensive than I would like for it to be. But, for a product that doesn't break me out, turn me orange, feel like a mask or have a ton of scary ingredients, it's definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

This is my new secret weapon in the war against pasty skin. I had been using it as a cheek/brow bone bronzer-type thing, but I've discovered a new use: I mix a squirt of this with my sunscreen (Aveeno Active Naturals SPF 30) and it cuts the ghastly sunscreen whiteness and gives me that "I just did time in an evil tanning booth"/"I use expensive self-tanner" glow. And I've started skipping my tinted moisturizer. Just a bit of powder and I'm set! The only problem I have with the pump dispenser is that it clogs quite frequently, and you get little chunks. Other than that, fab. This will last forever, so it's worth the money. (I'm an NW20, so one little pump is all it takes for me.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm suprised I havn't reviewed this before but this week it got unseasonably hot here and I was out in the sun feeling like a pasty ghost and remembered this. I always wear a serious sunscreen and I hate bronzers in general. I am not a fan of the tan look but a couple of years ago I was on a hunt for something that would not leave me obviously tan, just give me a bit of color and take off the edge of my NW15 skintone. This product surpassed all my expectations. I bought it at whole foods, it cost me about $40. It's a one ounce glass pump jar.It lasts forever, I have had my current bottle for two years because it takes so little to make a difference for me. It has a light herbal scent to it that dissipates a few minutes after application. I have dry to normal skin and this did not really do anything as far as leaving a film behind or a heavy feeling, it completely absorbs into my skin and is weightless. It doesn't affect the way other products apply or feel either. I have used it in many ways. I have mixed it into tinted moisturizer or regular foundation to darken, I have mixed a bit into my sunscreen before applying to off set the whitish caste some sunscreens leave behind. I have also used it over foundation or directly on my skin over my sunscreen. I have even mixed it into my reg moisturizer on no makeup days to even my blotchiness out a bit. Every way I've used it looks wonderful. It is foolproof. It looks super dark and scarey out of the bottle but once it's on, you cannot tell I am wearing a thing unless you knew how pale I was before. There is no obvious line at my jaw that makes my neck and face look like they belong to different people. It blends in seamlessly. There is absolutely no glitter or shimmer in this, it is very gentle and subtle. I have never found anything that comes close to this. If you are looking for something that will make you look very tan, like you spent a week at the beach, this is not it but if you are looking for something that will make you look like you are a healthy person with an inner glow who takes good care of your skin, this is it. When I wear this I have gotton comments telling me I look well rested, not asking where I was on vacation and that is exactly what I was looking for when I found this. Everytime I use this I am truly amazed at how unique it is in that it changes my complexion but you really can't tell what is different. I wish they made a huge bottle for the body as well. Love it, worth every penny.

30 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this bronzer but I think it works best as a sort of all of face tint rather than a cheek color. The packaging instructs to mix it with moisturizer but I just apply it straight and blend like crazy before it dries. The packaging also claims "to blend and soften the appearance of small red blood vessels, skin impurities, scars, a lack of pigmentation and other skin irregularities." I'm not sure about all that but it definitely does help even skin tone and, being a bronzer, helps with the "lack of pigmentation." It has a weird smell to it - sort of like cut flower stems - but very strong. It's not unpleasant, it's just not the way most cosmetics smell. It also has a slightly grainy texture in the bottle (glass with a screw-on pump top) which smooths out on the skin. (One thing about the pump top - the product has a tendency to get clogged in the little dipensing hole.) The color is nice for my warm-toned skin - sort of brownish-orange - that does not turn muddy on me as other bronzers have. This is definitely not for everybody and I would recommend trying before buying if you can find it (Sephora no longer carries it).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by dreccles

I love that this gives my skin a healthy glow without having to apply loads of product. It's perfect for an extra boost under your regular make-up or for days when you don't want to wear any foundation (say if you're going for a hike, or going to the beach). It hasn't broke me out at all, and doesn't make me greasy around my t-zone. I apply it after the Moisturizing Day Oil, and you only need a few drops. I think it's a really great product and would definitely buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Nobody will ever stop and ask you where you've been on vacay, but don't be surprised if they do make comments on your lovely, healthy complexion and general bright-eyed-and-bushy-tail'ed-ness. The concentrate is extremely sheer, and 2-3 drops in my jojoba oil each morning provides the perfect coverup for winter blahs, as well as a nice, natural dewy-glowy look atop my summer tan. Although the small bottle can seem a bit pricey, you really only need a few drops, so it tends to last forever. Cost per use must be astronomically low. The smell is very light and thank god for that -- it smells of herbal baby oil to me. My only other complaint is the dispenser: every third or fourth use produces a congealed clump of what's been sitting in the pump nozzle. This gunk is useless and, as such, waste of perfectly good product. Sadness. But such trivial concerns could not sway my overall love for the serum, which makes my skin look really, really fantastic in an uncomplicated, un-made-up sort of way.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 7:55:00 PM More reviews by sugarrbebe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product. Gives my skin a very natural, healthy tone and it is also pleasant to use. I'm not a terrific fan of Hauschka products (although I have tried to like them), but this one is definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Fit42

Fabulous stuff! I love Hauschka! I even used this on my legs when wearing capri's in the summer. It is easy to use, it gives a great tanned look and it's a quality product with non toxic ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by prettythings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted so much to love this product but it fell short of my expectations. Let me explain that I first purchased the Maybelline Bronzing Booster Concentrate (see my review). FANTASTIC product. Beautiful color and so easy to use. Unfortunately it was a LE product and was discontinued. I really liked the concept of tinting my regular moisturizer for a sheer wash of color. So based on the reviews here I splurged on the Dr. Hauschka version. Unfortunately its not as good as the Maybeline. Its too sheer and the color isn't as flattering. Its kind of a muddy color and even though its a sheer tint it doesn't leave me with a healthy glow like the other bronzer. It is, however, all natural (I don't even want to know what's in the Maybeline product). But natural or not its not as good and cost seven times as much! The Dr. H has a very light, almost undetectable, herbal citrus scent. It comes in a one ounce glass bottle with a pump dispenser. I'm not ready to ditch this product yet. I'll experiment with it a little more but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by anuska

I'm so glad I found this product, I usually mix a few drops with my moisturizer and it gives a sheer wash of color. It's a bit messy to use, but the benefits of this are worth it.