August 27, 2014 | 1802 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Not Just Nudes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by jenikins25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually love this quad. I use it as an eyeshadwo base, and it DOES NOT CREASE ON ME. I think the secret is to NOT apply another base underneath i.e Two Faced Shadow Insurance. Just apply a very small amount and rub it in with your finger and you'll see a difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by CapaXildebrand

I wish that I could wear these alone. The colors that Revlon comes up with these Illuminance shadows are GORGEOUS. They really are. I have 3 separate quads. I have found that with even a great primer (I use TFSI) they crease after a while and and get muddy. Seriously, if these worked on their own, I would go nuts. Swatched on my hand, these are luminous, glowing, and pigmented. But, on my eyes, they won't work alone. So, I use them under shadows. I find that the shimmery nude (2nd from left) worn under MAC Naked pigment is GORGEOUS and very glowy. They are great if you like loose eye shadows. I like the packaging. They're quite thin and sleek. They go on sale often, so you can usually pick them up for a very reasonable price, especially considering the fact that you're getting 4 colors. So, these are good as a base for me, but that's all. I can still look at them and enjoy the beauty of the colors in the pan, right?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. It makes a great base for eye shadow, or a nice quick way to add some color when Im in a rush. I don't have problems with creasing, but for some odd reason I usually don't, which is kinda odd, because my face is oily as hell. Buh, Anyhoo, these make a really good base, and out of all the shades I like the second lightest color the best, it has the best consistancy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I like that the colors in this quad are neutral. I really like the shimmery light brown color. I use it a lot when I do a natural eye. These can crease if you use too much so I suggest putting on a very thin layer and spreading it out with your finger. They make my powder eyeshadows pop. The shimmery ones are really nice. The matte ones aren't as good in my opinion. I also never use them by themselves b/c they tend to disappear on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by daceS2jazzi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister received this product because she spent a certain amount of money at revlon. She never used it so i decided to give it a go and experiment with it because i had never used cream shadows before that.
I've loved it ever since i usually use it as a base because it seems to wear off a fair bit when its on but it still looks great.
I use this product every time i do my makeup which is pretty much every weekday and most weekends.
I would definitely buy this product again and im looking foward to stocking up on the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by annamal

I bought this after reading about it in Allure. Sad to say, it didn't live up to it's hype. Compared to MAC paintpots, it doesn't have the pigmination or the staying power. On me, the product lasts about 3-4 hours. The colors are flattering, i just wish it were more pigmented so i wouldn't have to put much on.
I didn't use a primer. Although, I'm sure a primer may help, I bought this product with the intent of not using primer. I wanted to cut out a step of my morning make up routine (I have to be at work at 5:30 - 6:00 am, so every last min of sleep counts.).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use these as bases because they would crease on me within fifteen minutes. I also have to use a primer underneath.
They work great as bases for my oily eyelids.
I do have to make sure to not apply TOO much.
I would never use these by themselves.
They have great pigmentation and are wonderful neutral colors.
They are a good price too.
I'd definitely repurchase if I ever ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by skinobsessed1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are some of the best cream shadows, if not THE best that you can get from the drugstore. However--- you need a primer with them to prevent them from creasing and sliding off. I don't think the staying power is very good at all without a primer. I gave this 4 out of 5 though because they are nicely pigmented, and are GREAT neutral/ brown colors. just use a primer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are ok for throwing something on when you got to get out the door. You have to use an eye primer with these to get them to last on your eye and to prevent creasing. Nice colors for daily wear, smooth and easy application. I prefer Mac for cream eyeshadows, but these are cheap and are a decent drugstore find.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For me, these are a must-have. They don't crease as long as I use primer; they blend easily and are nicely pigmented They are perfect for mornings when I'm running late and don't want to spend half an hour putting on eyeshadow. I can create a beautiful smoky eye look in under 30 seconds with these!