Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Not Just Nudes

3.9

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Talc, Tribehenin, Magnesium Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxylated Lanolin, Polycyclopentadiene, Silica Silylate, Isododecane, Nylon 12, Pentahyrdosqualene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Silica, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax) (Candelilla Wax), Phenyltrimethicone, Polyethylene, BHT, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

sadly this stuff crease all over my lids :( because the colors are pretty and subtle.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have these and have worn them both as a base under my eyeshadow and alone and it worked great either way, underneath your shadows it really makes the colors pop!

on 3/17/2011 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Really great eyeshadow quad! The colors are great for a touch of color for natural looks . I didn't have any creasing at all, although my eyelids are dry so I usually don't have a problem with it. I tried the lightest color as a base to make my other eyeshadow last longer and it worked fairly well as a base. The only thing I didn't like was the packaging. Gave it a 3 because it is so hard to open!

on 3/17/2011 12:17:00 AM

I actually love this quad. I use it as an eyeshadwo base, and it DOES NOT CREASE ON ME. I think the secret is to NOT apply another base underneath i.e Two Faced Shadow Insurance. Just apply a very small amount and rub it in with your finger and you'll see a difference.

I wish that I could wear these alone. The colors that Revlon comes up with these Illuminance shadows are GORGEOUS. They really are. I have 3 separate quads. I have found that with even a great primer (I use TFSI) they crease after a while and and get muddy. Seriously, if these worked on their own, I would go nuts. Swatched on my hand, these are luminous, glowing, and pigmented. But, on my eyes, they won't work alone. So, I use them under shadows. I find that the shimmery nude (2nd from left) worn under MAC Naked pigment is GORGEOUS and very glowy. They are great if you like loose eye shadows. I like the packaging. They're quite thin and sleek. They go on sale often, so you can usually pick them up for a very reasonable price, especially considering the fact that you're getting 4 colors. So, these are good as a base for me, but that's all. I can still look at them and enjoy the beauty of the colors in the pan, right?

on 3/2/2011 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this. It makes a great base for eye shadow, or a nice quick way to add some color when Im in a rush. I don't have problems with creasing, but for some odd reason I usually don't, which is kinda odd, because my face is oily as hell. Buh, Anyhoo, these make a really good base, and out of all the shades I like the second lightest color the best, it has the best consistancy.

I like that the colors in this quad are neutral. I really like the shimmery light brown color. I use it a lot when I do a natural eye. These can crease if you use too much so I suggest putting on a very thin layer and spreading it out with your finger. They make my powder eyeshadows pop. The shimmery ones are really nice. The matte ones aren't as good in my opinion. I also never use them by themselves b/c they tend to disappear on me.

on 2/4/2011 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My sister received this product because she spent a certain amount of money at revlon. She never used it so i decided to give it a go and experiment with it because i had never used cream shadows before that.
I've loved it ever since i usually use it as a base because it seems to wear off a fair bit when its on but it still looks great.
I use this product every time i do my makeup which is pretty much every weekday and most weekends.
I would definitely buy this product again and im looking foward to stocking up on the other colors.

on 2/2/2011 11:43:00 PM

I bought this after reading about it in Allure. Sad to say, it didn't live up to it's hype. Compared to MAC paintpots, it doesn't have the pigmination or the staying power. On me, the product lasts about 3-4 hours. The colors are flattering, i just wish it were more pigmented so i wouldn't have to put much on.
I didn't use a primer. Although, I'm sure a primer may help, I bought this product with the intent of not using primer. I wanted to cut out a step of my morning make up routine (I have to be at work at 5:30 - 6:00 am, so every last min of sleep counts.).

on 1/20/2011 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I use these as bases because they would crease on me within fifteen minutes. I also have to use a primer underneath.
They work great as bases for my oily eyelids.
I do have to make sure to not apply TOO much.
I would never use these by themselves.
They have great pigmentation and are wonderful neutral colors.
They are a good price too.
I'd definitely repurchase if I ever ran out.