November 29, 2014 | 809 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. It really breaks down oils and makeups like no other. And it is so extremely gentle. I can open my eyes with this stuff all over my eyes and no reaction what so ever. After I clean my make up brushes I clean them again with this stuff and am amazed at how much I missed. This stuff is really expensive and the best way to buy it is from qvc. You get these huge bottles that are totally worth it. Sometimes they have deals too, so I always buy two. Never ever ever want to run out of this stuff. Leaves face so clean and never makes me break out. If you try it you might at first not see what the hype is all about, but the moment you run out you will know why you need it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this cleanser my first reaction was: is that a rosemary scent? Aside from the scent I was skeptical of the efficacy of this gentle cleanser. Would it live up to all the internet hype and cult followings? I doubted it, too gentle to be effective. How is this mild stuff gonna take off waterproof makeup and bb cream? I slather some pretty resistant stuff on my face and no way was this wimpy cleanser gonna take all that off in one pass. I scoff at the 3 in 1 claim. I wear tough waterproof mascara and eyeliner that needs a special cleanser just for eye makeup. So I thought...

This stuff although extremely gentle gets the job done. It takes off my sweat/water resistant bb cream and eye makeup without irritation. I'm a convert. Take me to your cult leader Purity, I will follow their beauty commandments.

Also doesn't strip or irritate my skin and easy to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by ENicB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to enjoy this product. At first it did not seem to irritate my skin at all.My skin seems to react immediatly when using new products. I loved how when I was done washing my face how fresh and clean I felt, plus the smell is great. Unfortunatlely though after a week of using it, I was starting to break out in rashes and pimples (my skin does not normally do that). The only thing that I had changed was the facial cleanser I was using. After switching back to the cleasner I used prior everything went back to normal. Sorry Philosophy I still enjoy your other products though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Callmecorrina

It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst. My experience with this cleanser wasn't anything extraordinary (I was hoping it would be for the price!). I have oily combo skin with minor breakouts here and there. This cleanser simply..cleansed and didn't do any improvement on my skin. It didn't control my oiliness or improve my dry patches and it sure didn't calm any breakouts or redness. I am obsessed with simple natural products so yes, I would recommend this to anyone who also enjoys simple ingredients with normal/ non problematic skin looking for a simple cleanser. However I would not recommend this product to someone who is looking to improve the skin's appearance and who doesn't really care about product ingredients. Go to walmart and you'll find cheaper ones with more benefits. Overall I'm not impressed but I'm not completely dissatisfied, it does cleanse my skin well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by myusernameisusername

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my GOD! Why didn't I use this earlier!!!

I've wasted so much money buying (drugstore and highend alike) cleansers. Cetaphil has now become my 2nd favourite. This tops the list.

Yes, there are cheaper cleansers out there but this is a great product! I need only a drop or two, lather it up with a bit of water and massage into my skin. I love the fragrance and how it feels on my skin, seems to have a calming effect on my skin. It balances the pH of your skin and doesn't irritate eyes.

It removes makeup as well but I prefer wiping off my makeup with grapeseed oil and then use this to really make sure I get everything off. And then use rose water as toner. :)

This is a great cleanser for people with an oily skin. Not sure about others. Highly recommended. I wish I hadn't wasted so much money on other things, going to repurchase this again and again and again :P

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had purchased this cleanser quite sometime ago and had put it in my closet and forgot about it. My bad! I have used baby wash for years to cleanse my face and to keep my eyelids clean, I have trouble with allergies messing with my eyes and this was recommended by my dermatologist. After sometime I began to notice that the perimeter of my face felt dry and I could feel like little plugs in my pores. I pulled my Purity out and decided that I needed to start using it so I could get it finished. I was amazed by what happened. I thought I was seeing little specks of cotton leftover from my toner step. It wasn't. There was a very thin layer of skin just rolling up and coming off. After I kept after it and it seemed done (with whatever it was doing) my face felt so soft and I looked glowy. The little "plugs" were GONE. I now use it when I wear makeup during the day and want to remove it thoroughly. It doesn't irritate my eyes, I love the slight lavender scent it has, and my face has never looked more luminious. Love this stuff! When I get low on this bottle I might purchase the large size with a pump. But I will never be without this little jewel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never repurchased a cleanser before in my life, Purity might be the first! I have been using it for about 2 months now and have really enjoyed it. It removes makeup really well, even eye makeup, has a nice herbaly lemony scent, rinses completely, and doesn't dry my face out. It also doesn't sting my eyes! In the 2 months I've been using Purity my face has been pretty well behaved, no major breakouts and my pores seem clean and maybe even a bit smaller. I only wish it wasn't so expensive! I have the 8 oz. size and don't remember exactly how much I paid, but it was over $20USD, and for a cleanser that is a lot of money. It does seem to be lasting a very long time, though. I plan on buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MarilynLeigh

This smells amazing and didn't make my skin break out. However, I like it, and I'm not opposed to buying expensive products, but I can't justify buying an expensive face wash when a cheap one can work just as well (I use acne.org cleanser or purpose). I love philosophy face creams though. Nothing works as well for me as those.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by violetta16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible product. Way overhyped. I always had fairly good skin, if I even had one breakout I would freak out about it. I decided to use this product because of what others said about it. Long story short it dried out my skin like crazy And gave me flesh colored bumps. Horrible. I stopped using it and my skin went back to its original state.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I re bought it 3 times and I last time I got the huge size. it's a Milky texture with a soft herbal scent almost, that's very soothing and spa like. It removes all traces of make up, even stubborn make up (might have to massage into skin a little longer for those sometimes) ...my face feels super clean and not stripped afterwards. I still get breakouts from time to time so it doesn't help that. A good cleanser for all skin types and make up removal.