July 24, 2014 | 1496 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pudgyoreo

This really cleared my skin up for awhile (I have acne and oily skin). But it stopped working after about 3 weeks and I think my skin got immune to it. I tried follow up the cleanser with the toner from the same line, but the toner really sucks. every single time I use the toner I get a breakout.

I don't know why people hate this cleanser so much. It works pretty fine on me, apart from the fact that my skin got immune to it. It never dried me out, maybe because I used a moisturizing toner and a moisturizer after cleansing.

I'm using a cleanser from the clinic now so I believe that's a lot better but this bodyshop one works fine too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by PitaBita88

I love this video as an example on who it has worked for and stuck to it for years:

I have to say I love this cleanser, my friend's skin started turning amazing and I asked what she used and she told me it was this one and once I started using it I got hooked! I find it helps to actually see the progress & see someone's skin, especially without make up to really judge for yourself if a product is great or not. The video above is the perfect example, especially since you can see her bare skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by m4k3meup

This is a great cleanser! With this foaming formula, a little bit of product goes a long way. It's really good at getting every bit of makeup (primer, foundation, mascara, you name it!) off the skin. The tea tree scent is great, not too overpowering and it doesn't linger. I've found this to really help with my acne too. I usually have mild acne, with a few really obvious pimples, but this has really calmed my skin down. I don't have any crazy breakouts or inflamed pimples anymore. Definitely worth a try if you are thinking about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

Though this product doesn't really treat my acne, it does clean my face (make up and dirt and everything). I do agree with the other reviews that it is drying - however, when I use my carrot moisture cream with it, my face is fine.
I like that it foams because I find that it cleans my face much better and with just one pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 3, maybe as much as 4 years. I love the light tingle, the foam pump, the minty scent... even more so, I love how it cuts through make up, oil and grime. Works ah-mazing against my oil slick-esque summer skin when used with other products in the line. In the winter, it's a little drying, but with a change up in moisturizers it helps keep acne at bay. If you end up buying this cleanser, I would definitely buy (or get a sample of) the tea tree night fade serum. These are my two must have skin care products from the TT line. Will repurchase over and over!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Winnie15

I've used this facewash a million times in the past, its the one I always end up with when my skin decides to swing from dry combination to oily combination and acne prone.
I love the minty camphory smell and the instant wake me up feeling...I work it in with my Clarisonic...and it does a pretty good job of cleansing. It doesnt keep my face matte, and in about three hours, my nose starts to look like an oil slick, so i do need blotting papers as the day progresses. Also it does nothing to either treat or prevent acne...and I've used the whole line...with the toner, the gel( which is no longer available...its a mattifying face gel) and spot treatment with the essential oil....I use it because I have several bottles which I bought on sale and because I still havent found a product I love enough to replace this with.
Overall, average product, lovely smell...I dont know whats with me and scents nowadays but my nose is making too many decisions as far as skincare goes:)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by faithaymh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love foaming cleansers. My favorite thing about this product is that it removes every single bit of eye makeup which is incredible. I haven't had many break outs since using this product and I usually get one or two bad cystic acne a month. If this stops working for my face I will probably just buy it as an eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by cassigail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm curious to know if the people who are giving this product negative reviews are using a good moisturizer. I use either the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion or the Seaweed Matifying Lotion after using this and my skin feels great. I have mild acne and quite oily skin, but the Tea Tree line (used in conjunction with the Seaweed line) from The Body Shop really keep my oil in check. I have had no problems with my skin being dry whatsoever. In fact, I almost wish my skin would dry up a little bit because it is so oily. I have noticed a difference though. During the day, even if I'm hot, I don't have to use touch up powder as often. I definitely recommend this product, with the disclaimer that a good moisturizer needs to be used afterward.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

I first got into the tea tree line after someone suggested it for acne. Clean and Clear was the only thing I used before this and it was not doing anything so I thought I might as well give this a try, especially since tea tree is a natural active ingredient that seemed to have endless uses. Well, now I know that cleansers alone cannot get rid of acne so I don't have that expectation of this face wash. The anti-septic and drying properties of tea tree DO help to dry out and treat acne but there are endless causes for acne and the tea tree concentration and the formulation of the TBS tea tree products are not enough for anything other than mild acne.

That said, the line is great for oily skin and at least the tea tree in it adds some anti-bacterial properties.

The foam wash is simple and fast to use and I don't find it overly drying. Usually it also takes off most of the grime and makeup so I nothing appears on a cotton pad after toner(I use the Biore toner and it's pretty strong). Even if there are really dry or raw patches (peeling from BP treatments) on my skin it does not burn(the tea tree toner does burn though). I actually use it to wash makeup brushes once in a while, especially if there is particularly more makeup build up(from creams and liquids) because it gets the dirt right off and you can really see it come off in the foam.

The smell is not a problem for me at all, and does not linger. I actually prefer it over other fragranced cleansers.

For $12 though, it is more expensive than the average cleanser and I don't find the results and ingredients worth it. It does last a while though and I have bought it at regular price (TBS skincare is just average but not on sale they are just too expensive) when I ran out because I like it and why mess with something that works for you right? I do not use it consistantly though, mostly when I want to cleanse lightly to get rid of the oilies but I always have a bottle around.

I'm really wondering if the foam wash is just a watered down version (literally) of the regular cleanser though. Afterall it's not the formulation that makes it foam but the pump...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by xoPaperPlanes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

burned my face.
horribly.
i do not have sensitive skin.
when i used this my face was SO dry that i could not smile.
i wish i was exaggerating.
DO NOT BUY THIS.