December 21, 2014 | 1910 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Tea Tree Oil Gel face wash for years and I tried this because I just wanted a change and figured it would work just as well. It still controlled my break-outs but for some strange reason is $2 more for literally less product than the gel version of the same line. The foaming thing makes me feel like half the stuff gets washed down the drain or just ends up elsewhere than my face, whereas the gel when used with The Body Shop scrubber pads gives better control, no foam in the eyes/mouth, and a deeper feeling clean. Not a bad product, but doesn't perform as well as its predecessor. Will be going back to old faithful as soon as this runs out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using it for a month or so, just stopped a few days ago and it didn't do anything at all about my breakouts, in fact my skin is actually worse (but I wouldn't credit it to this, can't be sure).
It cleans well, like squeaky-clean-omg well. Made my face red and blotchy though. I was using it with a really good moisturizer but still my skin was superdry.
I'd say unless you have oily or combo skin, don't try this. It is very very drying and since it also seems to contain all sorts of fun things, it wouldn't be good for sensitive skin either.
I wouldn't get it again and it makes me sad that I have a bottle and a half of it (my sister bought me the second the day I got my first as a gift heh) since it's not the cheapest stuff there is.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ayeeitsmeereeuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was too expensive. It also didn't make my blemishes go away when i used it for over a month already. A great dissapointment. But on the bright side, it didn't break me out and it made my face feel really clean and light. It made my face have this nice glow. It wasn't irritating either.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by painterlyrose

This product was okay. It cleansed and that's about it.

It didn't prevent or cause breakouts and didn't dry out my skin (I used it every night and sometimes in the morning if I felt I needed it). Used if for almost 2 months. Nothing special.

I have normal-dry skin but my skin dries out easily if I over cleanse with certain ingredients (salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide). I have blackheads on my nose and under my lips. My breakouts are hormonal. This did nothing but cleanse. Not buying again after using it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by mohsina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very dry, sensitive skin. The first time I used this product my face felt very clean and refreshed and I actually felt like it cleansed my face well. It was a bit drying for me, so I stopped using it for a couple months and used other products. While I was using the other product I was breaking out lots and normally I dont get acne. I ran out of my face wash and then I began using the Tea Trea Oil wash. My face become much clearer, I am getting less acne breakouts. I went and purchased The Tea Tree Oil black head exfoliator. This works very well for the black heads on my nose and cheeks. I really like the Tea Tree face wash now, it just is very drying for me, because I already have dry,sensitive skin. I just use a good night cream at night after washing my face and it helps with the dryness. If you have dry skin I dont think this the best product, but you can just get a very moisturizing moisturizer to use with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pudgyoreo

This really cleared my skin up for awhile (I have acne and oily skin). But it stopped working after about 3 weeks and I think my skin got immune to it. I tried follow up the cleanser with the toner from the same line, but the toner really sucks. every single time I use the toner I get a breakout.

I don't know why people hate this cleanser so much. It works pretty fine on me, apart from the fact that my skin got immune to it. It never dried me out, maybe because I used a moisturizing toner and a moisturizer after cleansing.

I'm using a cleanser from the clinic now so I believe that's a lot better but this bodyshop one works fine too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by PitaBita88

I love this video as an example on who it has worked for and stuck to it for years:

I have to say I love this cleanser, my friend's skin started turning amazing and I asked what she used and she told me it was this one and once I started using it I got hooked! I find it helps to actually see the progress & see someone's skin, especially without make up to really judge for yourself if a product is great or not. The video above is the perfect example, especially since you can see her bare skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by m4k3meup

This is a great cleanser! With this foaming formula, a little bit of product goes a long way. It's really good at getting every bit of makeup (primer, foundation, mascara, you name it!) off the skin. The tea tree scent is great, not too overpowering and it doesn't linger. I've found this to really help with my acne too. I usually have mild acne, with a few really obvious pimples, but this has really calmed my skin down. I don't have any crazy breakouts or inflamed pimples anymore. Definitely worth a try if you are thinking about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

Though this product doesn't really treat my acne, it does clean my face (make up and dirt and everything). I do agree with the other reviews that it is drying - however, when I use my carrot moisture cream with it, my face is fine.
I like that it foams because I find that it cleans my face much better and with just one pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 3, maybe as much as 4 years. I love the light tingle, the foam pump, the minty scent... even more so, I love how it cuts through make up, oil and grime. Works ah-mazing against my oil slick-esque summer skin when used with other products in the line. In the winter, it's a little drying, but with a change up in moisturizers it helps keep acne at bay. If you end up buying this cleanser, I would definitely buy (or get a sample of) the tea tree night fade serum. These are my two must have skin care products from the TT line. Will repurchase over and over!