April 24, 2014 | 1367 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Glassy Gloss

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by shelly73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in several of the older shades, a blue one called berry something (looks similar to Lancomes Icy Pop), Tropic Glaze, a shimmery pink that shows up clear, like Miracle, and one called Smack in the Kissa, a near dupe for Lancomes Fruity Pop/L'Oreals Pop Shake LE CJ. Of them, I prefer the blue and Fruity pop dupe. They don't have alot of scent to them, but maybe they are too old now. The blue one tends to be more oily/thinner than the others, but I still wear them. Packaging is fine, I get the right amount out of it each time, except for the blue runnier one. I'd repurchase these, especially if I could find the dupes of the two Pop colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 5:39:00 PM More reviews by TCamille

I originally purchased this in Sugar Glaze and Sun Glaze back in '04. Both colors are gorgeous on my brown skin and have garnered me many a compliment. Needless to say, I stocked up. I recently came upon the Wet N Wild stand at my local drug store and picked up Baby Beige and Brazen Berry. I thought I would fall in love with baby beige but the color was a weird washed out beige hue. It did nothing for me, so I had to trash it. Brazen Berry on the other hand, was a winner!! The color is like a sheer rose mixed with a hint of gold and a tad bit of shimmer. It's very pretty on. It sorta reminds me of The Body Shop's Hi Shine Lip Treatment in Plum. The tube is huge and you get so much for almost 2 bucks. I'll be back to stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 7:49:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will not go back to MAC lipglass now that I know I can get the same stuff at this price. Seriously, this stuff is comparable to MAC lipglass--i almost feel as though MAC sells their excess product to WnW. The stuff is a little sticky, but really gives you incredibly glossy looking lips. I also like that the gloss has no scent (which is hard to find in a cheap lipgloss).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

At only $2, Baby Beige ( I think that was the name) seemed quite appealing to me, a milky JLo-ish frosty beige. It is very tacky and sticky, and extremely runny. It comes in a squeeze tube, and just the tiniest squeeze can end up with it pouring out everywhere. The color it pretty enough; you only need a little or else it is way too frosty. It smells pretty nice too, but for how sticky and watery it is, I would never buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2006 10:18:00 PM More reviews by adoresgloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought I was going to like this from most reviews that I've read about it being like the MAC Lipglass which I love! I did not like this at all. I bought two colors, a light shimmery shade and a pink one. I did not like that fact that so much product came out of the tube. It does have a glassy like look and is really shiny, but I can't get over the fact that it smells and tastes gross. Like a lipsticky plastic smell/taste. So I will stick to my MAC eventhough it is pricy, but the product works great and they have more colors to choose from.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Justina17

Cute colors, I even like the packaging but.... this lipgloss got all over my teeth. I've never had that problem before or since.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by brunettegirl432

Ugh...I bought one of these in Baby Beige (or something like that), which was a pale pink color. When I first tried it on, the first thing I noticed was its smell-it was so bad,almost nauseating! Plus, it wasn't even that pigmented enough for me to use...it just went on all silvery on my lips, no matter how hard I tried to blend it together. Plus, the packaging is sort of a hassle, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2006 10:54:00 PM More reviews by yualice

This gloss is aptly named, because it does impart a glassy shine to your lips. It is the shiniest gloss I own, and I have glosses from MAC, mark, Dior, etc. At 0.5 oz (14.5g), this gloss is a generous size too. I find the slant tipped squeeze tube more sanitary than the usual gloss packaging with the doe footed applicators, as you aren't constantly introducing bacteria from your lips back into the unused gloss. I'm not too fond of the taste of this gloss. It tastes like cough syrup to me. However, it sure does look good! Brazen Berry Glaze (#318A) is a MLBB color (I have pigmented lips). There actually isn't much berry in it. In the tube it looks more like a dark rose color with some shimmer. On the lips the shimmer isn't that apparent but it deepened my lips' color a notch and added a *really* glossy shine. I picked this tube up at Rite Aid for $2.99. I made the "mistake" of reading the ingredients on the box (the gloss comes in a rather useless and environmentally unfriendly clear hard plastic box that opens at the base), which gave me pause as to the predominance of non-natural ingredients. I've taken a good number of college level chemistry classes (both organic and inorganic) and I truthfully don't recognize most of the stuff in this gloss. Hope the FDA is monitoring this stuff, as lip glosses do get ingested into the body. A lot of chemicals can soak through the skin and your lips has extremely thin skin, and plus, it's easy to ingest some when you lick your lips, eat, drink, etc. Here's a list for you to ponder:
Ingredients: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Cetyl Octanoate, Diisostearyl Malate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Mica, Fragrance, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide.
continued >>

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2006 6:28:00 PM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

O.K....Aside from feeling like alien slime on your lips, this stuff LOOKS incredible. I'm serious, people will stare at your lips with lust or envy. Cheap...cheap...cheap. I have used this over every concievable lip liner and it always looks perfect. Never used MAC glosses (I use expensive foundation, everything else must be experimentally economical! HA) but I don't see why this wouldn't compare, it is probably made in the same sweat shop! LOL. Anyway...try it, cheap enough to toss if you don't like it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by thechaoticapathy

This time you get what you pay for. hey feel horrible and thick. The color is okay but it isn't worth the tradeoff. There are many nicer glosses in this line than these. These many only work in a pitch if applied with your FINGERS not the tube.