July 26, 2014 | 918 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Evening Primrose Overnight Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by whooey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff has done wonders for my skin. My skin is dried out from winter and being pregnant with dry skin has made it worse. Since my skin was so dried out I was breaking out badly. After I started using this my spots and resness calmed down a lot. They didn't go away, but I didn't expect that either. This stuff is thick, and you don't need much to cover whole face. I'm using a sample I got in one of the facial kits, I hope it will tide me over until summer hits because I don't want to have to buy a full size and not be able to use it all until next winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2004 10:01:00 PM More reviews by KelliCapwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it but use w/ caution! This is product is for DRY or very DRY skin only - don't attempt otherwise unless for eye or cuticle use. Reminds me of a balmy vasline w/ a hint of citronella scent that disapates quickly. Dot on your face and pat it on that way - don't try to smear it on your face. The stuff is way to thick. I guess you could rub it between your fingers to warm it up that way and then spread but I have been having better luck dotting it on and patting it in. Also apply plenty of time before you hit the sheets so it has some time to sink in.
I also used around my eyes on my lips. I woke up to smooth, glowy skin. I would only use this during winter time because it's very heavy - way to much for summertime. I think it would make an excellent eye cream or cuticle cream for everyone year round. BB's does not test on animals & has all natural ingredients - Would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2004 11:33:00 PM More reviews by shwin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product will leave your skin very soft and supple. It smells a bit, but it is a nice floral scent. It is yellow but if you put a thin amount (which is all you need), it will not show. I suggest you put it between your thumb and pointer finger to "work it" a lil because it is very thick and the top often is hard in a new jar. Then don't smear it on, just tap it on lightly. I don't use it on my Tzone because it makes me break out though. I also cannot stand to use it more than every other day. I like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2004 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sarasum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing moisturizer! I have extremely dry skin due to my use of Renova(retinol) and have tried everything to get rid of my dry,flaky (as a result more wrinkle prone) skin. This stuff really works. However, you may not like it if your skin is oily or even combination because it is really heavy and a bit greasy. I have been using it both day and night however recently purchased Origin's Never Say Dry to use during the day. It seems good so far.

Regarding Burt's, my skin is soooo soft and glowing and my wrinkles are practically gone! (they are under my eyes)It really locks in moisture and keeps your skin healthy and young looking.

I use this as an under eye cream as well along with Zia Ultimate eye cream (great find!) and Burt's Bees Repair Serum with Attar of Rose (this is also an excellent product).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2004 4:27:00 AM More reviews by PerfumeEnjoyer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite facial moisturizer. I love the way it smells, and the evening primrose oil is so healing, so soothing. A tiny bit is all that is needed, gently rubbed in. I only use all-natural products, and for facial creams, only Burt's Bees, and this is the most calming to my skin of the whole line, and the most pleasant to use. I especially like it for sunburned skin. Super restorative. If I'm really burned, I'll layer it over fresh aloe gel.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2004 8:30:00 PM More reviews by beatalley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

actually, i kind of liked this, but i do NOT use it for my whole face (infact the idea of doing that makes me shudder...=( ) instead i use it as an eye creme. it makes the skin around my eyes softer and more moisturized so when i wake up and it's had time to soak in overnight, it makes my concealer go on smoother. i got this in one of those sample pack things though - i'm not sure if its worth buying a full size of.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2004 8:23:00 PM More reviews by cloudsofviolet

Extremely moisturising. Probably good for dry skin, but not for mine, though it didn't make me breakout even though I finished the whole jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2004 7:38:00 AM More reviews by RandiLynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily skin so I was reluctant to try the product. It goes on pretty heavy and I wasn't crazy about the smell, but the next morning I could see the difference in my skin. It was softer and more moist without being oily. I've been using it for about a month and I can see the difference now when I apply my makeup. I love this product and will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2004 3:07:00 AM More reviews by minimillerhighlife

i love this product. It is very rich so I just use it as an eye cream. I love the way it smells and the ritual of putting it on every night, i think it gives me good dreams.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

This is more of a "balm" than a cream and if you are familiar with Bobbi Brown or Decleor, they both make balms similar to this, too. Burt's is a fraction of the price, though. This has nice, natural ingredients in it, and it's occlusive nature traps the moisture in your skin, so your skin doesn't dehydrate. If your skin can tolerate the oils and natural waxes in this, it makes an excellent moisturizer for winter. I personally would only use it at night. I haven't used it yet as a cuticle cream, but I bet it works well for this purpose, also. A note that this product is targeted a the "mature" crowd, but younger skins that dehydrate or are on the dry side should check this one out.