July 25, 2014 | 1934 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

I must admit from the get go that I wasen't too impressed by the texture. Still I figured I'd use it for a while to see if it was as effective as the NeoStrata I was accustomed to. I don't think it is. It's almost watery when I put it on. This morning I woke up with two little pimples on my nose. This is not purging I know. I NEVER get 2 pimples at the same time. I get a tiny one once in a blue moon. Now, I have one on the tip of my nose (very elegant) & the other on the side. Yuck! I was so happy to finally put my hands on this & at $6 CAD it was like double whammy! Still, it's not a loss, I'll use it on décolleté, arms, hands & probably will repurchase for that purpouse since it's so affordable. Just not for my face. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by KandEandS

Why is this thing Great? it contains glycolic acid which is an exfoliant itself. This stuff exfoliates your skin and moisturizing its at the same time. In my case I stopped using my exfoliating foam cleanser even if only using it 2x a week.

I have minor skin discoloration, i rarely break out (only during i use cerave pm) I have very few scattered freckles though that i am fine with. Now, on to this stuff, I noticed after a month of using it as a nightcream it gives you a glow in the morning or after you wake up! smooth face and just refreshed look. The fact that I am dreading is when I am about to apply it on my face, the smell is overwhelming to me (kind of acidic smell) it doesnt sting though and its creamy enough that it glides on smoothly.

I am totally torn if I will repurchase this product in the future I just found out it has amonia that is also used as one of the ingredients of window cleanser and just cleaners in general.

But it gave me the result that I need so I might have to suffer the consequence later on but for now I am LUVIN it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by sadendingsong

I didn't know exactly what this product was supposed to do besides help with breakouts and possibly wrinkles but I bought it because it was inexpensive and because of the great reviews. When I started trying it out, I was just done with using Retin-A because I wasn't happy with the results. This product is a better "skin perfecter" than the Retin A in terms of skin texture and reducing pore size. It also cuts down my breakout healing time and reduces the size of my breakouts. That alone is enough to keep me using it for a very long time, which won't be hard since this is a huge bottle and you only need a tiny amount each time because it blends out very easily. I started using Retin A again for some pigmentation issues but I still incorporate this into my routine. One thing I wasn't too sure about was if this was meant to be used over acne treatments or on its own. I think it is up to your preference and skin sensitivity as this does sting initially, so don't overuse it and your skin will really improve. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by fab50s

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent AHA. Effective, not drying, VERY affordable at $12. In just a few weeks, noticing improved tone and texture. Still have wrinkles, but it's not Botox. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I forgot how silky smooth and nearly flawless this makes your skin! I used it as a teenager and found it effective for acne. I recently rediscovered it because I had a few fine lines that developed when I was off retinoids during my pregnancy. This stuff helps smooth fine lines and softens your skin. I deducted a lippie because it stings for a few minutes and obviously it is better not to suffer. Overall I'm happy. I wear a physical sunblock over it because it has no SPF and seems pretty potent/sensitizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I went to a blog to ask for help on my skin. I had oily skin, the pores on my cheeks looked like orange rinds, I had some acne, and some very clogged pores. I wanted to improve my skin and the replies I received mentioned a gentle cleanser, a good moisturizer and an AHA or BHA product. I did a little bit of researched and stumbled upon this. I'm so happy I did! I've barely been using this for a week now and I've noticed so many differences! My skin is currently on the dry side due to this but a good moisturizer will sort that out. The oiliness of my skin is almost gone. I get a little bit of it by the end of the day but that's pretty natural. The orange-rind pores on my cheeks have shrunk. It's not as noticeable anymore that I have pores there when wearing make-up (the make-up used to sit in the pores thus making them look worse). Then there's the acne & scab from the healing acne. I had about 5+ pimples when I started using this. A week later and I'm down to 1 active pimple and two that are scabs. The scabs are healing a lot quicker than I normally would heal. My skin is pretty glowing without make-up and I only need a good light coverage. I did have a lot of redness on my cheeks too and that's toned down a lot to a slight pink flush now. I hope it'll eventually go away along with whatever's left of my obvious pores, pimples and scabs. So far so good though and I'd recommend this to a lot of people (esp oily & acne prone). If my skin keeps improving, even from the little I've seen so far, then I'll forever be buying this stuff!
2/12/12 update: Still using this. All my pimples are gone. I have a few healing spots. When I get pimples I apply this and almost over night they're gone or they've come to head. It's a miracle product in a bottle for me. Warning though is that it has dried out my skin a little. For how clear & glowing it is, I'll take it!
3/28/12 update: Still using this and loving it! I still get acne but that's more hormonal than anything in my control. Other than the few that pop up my skin is really nice and clear.
For those searching for this I got mine at Walgreens. Their website however does have really good deals if you don't mind using the web to order.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by marynooreviewsonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't feel qualified to review this till I'd used it with any consistency. I've been using it twice daily for about 8 months now and I definitely notice a new glow that wasn't there before. There's still a little unevenness in skin texture, but the hyperpigmentation is going away and I'm noticing smaller pores and my skin is softer.

Neoterics runs a sale on this stuff every now and then, so I got 4 bottles for $20 and am well stocked up till the next sale comes around.

I still plan on doing a few peels but I am so happy with the way my skin looks! This is really nice stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't review on the overall effect/results of this product because I have only just used it a few hours ago, but I did a test patch on my neck and where I applied it is sooooooooooooo RED! I guess my skin is too sensitive to handle this stuff. I am just glad that I did a patch test.I really was hoping that my skin wouldn't react like that, but unfortunately I am going to have to return it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by DanigirlDanika

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at Winners and being the product junkie that I am.. I just had to try it at that price! The ingredient list worried me as I didn't like some of the additives but I tried it anyway and am SOOO glad I did.

It does not cause me breakouts.. It helps them clear up faster and is a perfect addition to my skin care regime. I have to battle new acne, reduce redness and scars from old acne, fight fine lines and sun spots, reduce oil & pore size in the t-zone, and moisturize the dry spots. I need products that can multi-task but don't cost a fortune.

After using it for a few weeks, my husband ACTUALLY noticed! He asked me what I'm using and can he have some?!!
That was a first..
So now he uses it and I can see his crowd feet and under eye lines / wrinkles fading.
We both been using it for a few months.

I use it twice a day.. No problems, no complaints.. A fantastic product at a fantastic price.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jcdx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this, but I cant use it every night unfortunately. I have this in the jar though. It makes my skin super red if i do. But so far it seems to do its job and I will continue to use it.