Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

4.2

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 12/17/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Does it smell like glue? Yes, definitely. Can it give you a terrible reaction if your skin hates AHA? Yes. Alpha hydroxy can be very harsh and it really does not work for all skin types. I think it's best to be cautious with this lotion and apply it sparingly at first until you know for sure that your skin is OK with it. But for me, it has really helped to clear up the acne on my chin (cystic acne that started this year, when I turned 28. Ugh) and it has improved my overall skin tone (I have dry, sensitive, part Asian skin). Since it's so cheap, it's worth trying!

on 12/3/2012 12:32:00 PM

I bought this to replace the glycolic toner in the pro activ set, and so far I like it a lot better. It doesn't dry out my skin and I am able to use it every day. I only use it once a day, in the evening and it has helped the hyperpigmentation I have from acne on my chin. It also seems to help cystic blemishes heal faster. It is cheap and easy to find as well. I will definitely repurchase this product.

on 12/2/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is perhaps the best treatment I've ever used for acne. I have found as I turned 22 that that brief period of clear skin bliss between the end of my teenaged acne and the begining of my hormonal adult acne was over.

I began to develope big pustule pimples and even some cystic acne along my jawline and for a year I diligently tried out several different treatments (BP, tea tree oil, neutrogena acne stress control, argan oil, various methods of gentle manual exfoliation) with no results.

I read reviews and the skin care board here on mua and decided to give an alpha hydrox glycolic acid product a try. The enhanced lotion had the best reviews and the highest repurchase percentage. And for a good reason: it's awesome! After months of diligence with other products, a few weeks of using this aha lotion started clearing my acne. My pimples have deflated and this is now working on clearing up my ULTRA STUBBORN red marks (I'm ghostly pale).

I find this greasy and it makes your skin photosensitive so I use it only at night. But I wake up with clearer, softer skin.

As a bonus, it's been keeping creeping fine lines at bay. I smoke and this lotion has thus far stopped my lines in their tracks.

I highly recommend this to oily people struggling with acne. Just make sure to wear sunscreen!

on 9/5/2012 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am so sad that this didn't work :( I've been using it for almost two months and my skin looks pretty much the same. I had no problems with dryness or peeling. Yes it does burn a little but its not uncomfortable. I have clogged and enlarged pores and fine lines. So I thought this was gonna work for me cuz it's supposedly supposed to address all those issues.

on 8/27/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is legit AMAZING! I've always wanted to try this brand but we don't sell it anywhere in Canada as far as i know. I was so STOKED to see a slew of bottles at my local winners for $8.99, so I of course bought one. I can't use this every night but every other night is okay! If i overuse it I tend to get little flakies. I can buff them away with a textured towel but I'd rather not.

This stuff takes my skin from good to PERFECT! I don't even need any foundation or powder but I still add a little bit of MUFE HD kind of through the center of my face and forehead and my skin looks unreal, but in a good way haha.

After seeing the amazing results I RAN back to winner with little hope but was so happy to find 2 more bottles buried in the shelves. I jumped on them!

The bottles are gonna last me a LONG time, so I'm happy to be stocked up!

But yea, this stuff just totally agrees with my skin. Even with nothing on my face, just a cleansed face, it glows! My skin has a natural sheen to it! It's never looked healthier! LOVE!

on 8/26/2012 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is amazing. I use it about three times a week, otherwise it dries out my face too much. It made my pores look smaller and made dark marks and blemishes go away. It keeps my skin clear. It's cheap and comes in a huge bottle.

on 8/14/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for about 3 weeks. At first i was unsure about this product because it made the skin near my eye area and cheekbones very dry and appear wrinkled. Once I started avoiding the eye area all together, i loved it. It leaves the rest of my skin glowing and I am gradually improving the texture and look of my skin. I rated it as a four because i really wanted to use this product around by eyes because I am noticing fine lines but can't because it is too drying for that area.

on 7/20/2012 10:37:00 AM

i have been using this for about 5 months now. It is AMAZING! My skin is completely transformed. Gone are those pesky pre-menstrual cysts/zits that i would get EVERY month like clockwork and would take 1-2 weeks to disappear, just in time to give me a couple weeks of decent skin before the vicious cycle began again. I was about to consider upping my spiro dose (25 mg a day) but thankfully I found this product thanks to the advice of MUA'ers. It is unreal. So good. The first few weeks I did notice that my pores looked a little large and perhaps had a tiny bit of purging. The stinging never really bothered me that much, i kind of liked it and it made me know it was working. My overall complexion is improved. Smaller pores, less bumps, less blotchy and slight reduction in eye area wrinkles. THis did nothing for my forehead wrinkles but i wasnt really expected it to. I just bought 2 more bottles of this plus 2 souffles and 2 Resq during the online sale. I plan to alternate products. Not sure how much better my skin can get though. Never thought i'd say that. NOw if only i can find some way to permanently remove my greys and forehead wrinkles and I am set! :)

on 7/17/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a great moisturizer for people with combination to oily skin or acne prone skin.

I have combination/acne prone skin.

I use this stuff as my nighttime moisturizer. I love it!
So far, after about 2 weeks of using it, it has made my skin more radiant. And by radiant, I mean it has toned down the red spots all over my face from acne scarring, and it makes my skin glow. It also makes it less oily, pores are smaller, and face is smoother.

Only con is that it can sting quite a bit on breakouts. But you get used to it. It also makes your face red for about an hour after you use it (hint why I use it at night)

I think my skin is in the last of the "purging" phase, because my breakouts are getting smaller and fewer.
I paid 12 dollars for this and this bottle is HUGE. Will last a long time.

Will DEFINITELY repurchase!!!

on 6/15/2012 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found that using this before i apply moisturizer stings really badly (like to completely bare skin). ive used it for about 2 weeks where i put on my eye cream FIRST and then neutrogena acne lotion along with my olay age defying night cream and last i use this alpha hydrox on my chin, nose, cheeks and forehead, avoiding my eye area as much as possible. i found that using all my face lotions/moisturizers first reduces the intensity of the sting. i have definitely seen improvements in my skin. for anyone who suffers dry nose area, this will definitely help with that. my skin is noticeably more even than it was before as well :)

GOOD STUFF and u can find it at marshalls or TJmaxx for a little cheaper