Chanel Coco

4.2

on 12/26/2011 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I received the 50ml COCO EDP Spray for Christmas from my boyfriend and I am in love with it (the perfume as well as the boyfriend!) after wearing it for just a day. I was a little scared on discovering this is my grandmother's signature scent (she is a very classy woman after all), but don't let the strength of the scent fool you! I found it best to lightly spray it on my neck and waited a good hour before leaving the house. By then, it was as if the scent had become a part of me without standing out as a distinct, strong feature.

That is exactly what I look for in a perfume...it should never wear you, you should wear it- lightly enough so it complements your personality and becomes associated with you and your presence. What I like best is that it is not overly sweet like Madamoiselle, or others that smell like liquid sugar in a bottle. For me, smells are always associated with memories and emotions. I think this one is going to have a lot of wonderful memories attached to it!

on 11/28/2011 8:24:00 AM

Coco Chanel in EDP is my go-to everyday scent. I wear it during the daytime, for instance when going to school (I'm 21), going to work or going shopping. It mixes well with my skin and does not smell strong on me at all. I personally don't care for the Coco Mademoiselle scent, which is my stepmothers signature scent. I find that it even makes me nauseous when she has just sprayed it on.
Speaking of spraying, be careful with Coco if you buy the bigger size. I own the 100 ml and instead of it being a spray, it is a plug system. The first time I opened it I expected it to be a spray, so I almost ended up with half the bottle everywhere.

on 11/27/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Coco reminds me of Christmas. I start wearing it in November when the weather becomes a little colder and crisp. I use the EDP and it smells soft and warm on me. I agree with people on this site describing it as being like cashmere or wanting to wear cashmere when they wear Coco. Luxurious scent.

on 10/23/2011 8:18:00 PM

Too strong for summer, this fragrance comes into its own in winter: gutsy yet elegant, it's a heady aroma that craves frosty air and snuggly cashmere. Enjoy!

on 9/26/2011 5:03:00 AM

There are a number of orientals that seem to smell sweeter than usual on me nowadays and Coco is certainly one of them- others being some Tauer perfumes, Musc Ravageur, and to some extent Must de Cartier. Coco starts with a waxy sweetness but develops a lovely heart that makes me think of the fur lapel of a luxury jacket. This is a strange association for me to enjoy as I never ever wear fur. Still, just for a moment perhaps, it is so comforting. The drydown is soft, sweet and very easily distinguished in its abstract fashion. Unfortunately, it is slightly too sweet on me and doesn't smell that sophisticated. 3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I know, being all of 22 years old, that supposedly I'm predisposed to enjoy things like Juicy Couture and Coco Mademoiselle (which the sales assistant did try to foist off on me when I bought Coco), but I simply don't. I think it's ridiculous to attach age brackets to perfumes- whatever smells good on you is what you should wear, old or young. Male or female, or anything in between, for that matter! That being said, Coco EDP is a keeper because I know it smells excellent on me, and I don't have to "think" about whether to wear it. I can and do use it year round, although a little certainly goes a long way, particularly in the summer. :) Its appeal does depend on how you apply the juice though! I don't apply this as heavily as I do my other favorites, which are Dior J'adore and Chanel Chance. I do a small squirt on my wrists and then spray a bit to walk through.

I don't have much to say about the scent that hasn't already been said, but it wears more calmly on me than many other orientals. It's not extremely spicy, and it is far less sweet than Coco Mademoiselle. Coco does remind me a little of Shalimar, but I find it to be more wearable for me personally.

I love this product, although it smells as if it is geared towards mature women, I still love this perfume and I will definitely buy again. It's more of a night time perfume but it's still beautiful.. :)

on 8/20/2011 5:57:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. It reminds me of the way the Yankee Candle flagship store used to smell! A combination of insence and sweetness. I just can't wear it and have it feel like me, but I can see why others like it.

on 8/8/2011 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Coco Chanel the mademoiselle that change the world of fashion, this fragrance is one of my fav from this house! Some people say is a old lady type fragrance but im not a old lady and it suits perfectly on me, with 3 spritz and im done, people noticed u using this frag, last long, smells perfectly and make me feel feminine and unique! Perfect for special ocasions, Worth every $$$$!!!

on 7/27/2011 9:58:00 PM

I gave myself a healthy spritz of this today at the makeup counter. I'd never really tried it before, and I wanted to see if the base note of oppoponax was going to annoy me. I enjoyed wearing the EDP throughout the day and in the afternoon couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. Something about it smelled so totally familiar and I figured out what it was: it smelled just like Mackie perfume by Bob Mackie. I love Mackie and own many bottles already, so I'm going to take a pass on the Coco since I wasn't 100% fond of the opening notes.

Popular Fragrances