September 2, 2014 | 1070 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this. It reminds me of the way the Yankee Candle flagship store used to smell! A combination of insence and sweetness. I just can't wear it and have it feel like me, but I can see why others like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by crysna

Coco Chanel the mademoiselle that change the world of fashion, this fragrance is one of my fav from this house! Some people say is a old lady type fragrance but im not a old lady and it suits perfectly on me, with 3 spritz and im done, people noticed u using this frag, last long, smells perfectly and make me feel feminine and unique! Perfect for special ocasions, Worth every $$$$!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by jkovitz

I gave myself a healthy spritz of this today at the makeup counter. I'd never really tried it before, and I wanted to see if the base note of oppoponax was going to annoy me. I enjoyed wearing the EDP throughout the day and in the afternoon couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. Something about it smelled so totally familiar and I figured out what it was: it smelled just like Mackie perfume by Bob Mackie. I love Mackie and own many bottles already, so I'm going to take a pass on the Coco since I wasn't 100% fond of the opening notes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! I found it! I mean my signature fragrance. I love it how I enter a room and everyone remembers me not only for myself but from my perfume. Which they describe as an air of sweet and strong mystery around me. Not forgetting that my dogs start barking at me and going nuts all over when I wear including on them trying to jump over me to lick me all over. Jaja. Do not wear if you are shy or comfortable within yourself. because this perfume will get you some attention.

I will admit at first I was shy by paying a big gulp of $$ but I say is totally worth it. I use it on special occasions or whenever I want to feel something special that accompanies my mood. I even had worn it during daytime but the secret to wearing it on daytime on my skin is to not over due it. Also this smells great with the ph of my skin which is a bit difficult to work with other perfumes in terms of staying power, this stays on my skin for at least a good 6 hours without the aid of wearing moisturizing cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume. It's my signature scent. It's intoxicating (in the best way possible) but not too strong, it lasts and I have more bottles than I can use. Cannot say anything bad about it. Classy, classic and still alluring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Napi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in Love with just about every Chanel fragrance, but this one right here (Coco eau de toilette) puts the icing on the cake for me. This is just my first day with Coco, and I am head over heals! Smells great from start to finish Lasting power is Very good, it's been well over 4-5 hours! I would definitely buy this again and would recommend to women of all ages! She's a keeper! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a classic scent, formulated as a Tribute to one of the greatest designers, and altho this is a spicy oriental, so unlike the aldehydic
fragrances she helped create, this speaks to more than the woman
Coco Chanel, but to the era in which she lived and created,
and to her clientele, even in our own time.

I take issue with the comment: "old lady fragrance."
There is more than one way to interprete a fragrance.
Your fragrance is your unspoken language: it makes a
statement even before you say a word.
Your fragrance can say:"Peace."
It can set a mood for joy, for celebration for seduction;
it can also express sadness and nostalgia.
In no way does this fragrance bespeak an 'old lady.'
To me, 'older women' tend to prefer simple, cleaner
fragrances because the don't care for the fragrance
to proclaim something they are not.
There are some fragrances that very young women
should not wear, they simply can't carry them off.

Many of Chanel fragrances were not created for young women,
but for women who knew who they were,
knew what they wanted, and had the style and maturity
to wear complex perfumes. Just as there are designs
of the Chanel House that simply don't suit very young girls.

Coco takes my breath away: it is complicated, rich and
sets a mood of intrigue and something foreign.
A great fragrance for colder weather, and something festival.
This is a fragrance for a confident woman who has experienced
life with all its heights and depths. A woman as complicated
as Coco Chanel, a woman who expects respect and delight.

I love it.

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is another really strong scent that I do not spray directly on myself. I spray it into the air and then walk through the mist as it falls.

I love this scent. Classy, sexy, spicy. I think a lot of the older scents get a bad rap just because they are, well...older. We have smelled them on older ladies, grandmas and what have you so then it we associate it with old lady when it might be a perfectly lovely scent.
This perfume seems to work very well with my body chemistry as there is never a time through out the day that it doesn't smell wonderful on me (unlike Opium, another older scent, that just turns nasty on me) and it does last all day. I've had my little bottle for about 3 years now and it's not even half gone, partly because I don't wear it everyday (far too strong for work) and partly because when I do wear it I only use a tiny bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by dcausey

Got this as a gift in lotion form and thought, oh Chanel, how old school. Then I put it on...yes cashmere and pearls. It is one classy, luxurious fragrance. Such a nice surprise since everything new seems to be one fruit bomb after another.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm Italian and in Italy girls like chanel products very much. I'm a massive buyer of chanel make up and fragrances and faithful for years to no. 5 and no. 19. Strangely i haven't smelled coco since two days ago, maybe not attracted to the name who sounded old to my ears. I was in a department store when a clerk sprayed it on my wrist. Such a big surprise! How good it smelled! It made me think about oriental velvet drapes and gold, sparkling silk. I felt like a byzantin princesse wearing it and after a disappointing test of cheap-fruity Coco Mademoiselle i bought the edt. that for me is lighter and right for italian warm spring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No