Burberry Brit

on 1/20/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Years ago I tried Brit and was put off so badly I never tired any other Burberry fragrance for years. It smelled just like Barbarsol Lime Shaving Cream. Ack! So after reading reviews here I thought I'd give it another try. To my surprise everything has changed. Maybe its my hormones. Who knows but I found the Burberry's very welcoming. I've decided hands down Burberry Sheer will be this years Spring/Summer fragrance. It reminds me of YSL Babydoll only minus one note that doesn't sit with me in the Babydoll fragrance. A lot of people have commented that Brit EDP and EDT smell so different. Not so much on me. The EDT smells just like the EDP only lighter and a little more transparent. I found I loved them both equally. So much so that I couldn't make up my mind which one to purchase. I left the store empty handed. Will have to marinade on this. Lol! So happy these fragrances now work with me! :) Warm, welcoming fragrance, staying power is there through the dry down. Very much like. Will purchase as soon as I make up my mind.

on 1/16/2013 7:22:00 PM

This fragrance is amazine. Light yet last and lasts, leaving you with a light vanilla sent. I can't stop smelling my wrists. Will definately repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is like my 5th bottle of BB. seriously, wth i can't get over it, it so light but so strong at the same damn time. you can wear it for any occasion, its not heavy and strong, just enough for when u walk by someone they notice you but they dont choke on your scent.

on 12/31/2012 12:44:00 PM

Have you noticed that all Burberry perfumes have a specific feel to them, that you can 't really define, but as long as you smell them, you recognize them as members of the Burberry family? This one is no exception.
Brit has an appeal due to its cozy and comfortable scent. It's a soft, calm and sweet scent that warms up to a soft vanilla scent with a bit of amber and sugar. Good for fall and winter, but I never follow these rules. I've been wearing it a lot since the beginning of june and I love it. The staying power differs from person to person, but it's a good idea to spray your clothes with it, it makes a huge difference!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This fragrance is so yummy! The review is for the EDT, which smells strongly of cologne and lime zest upon first spritz, but dries down to a woodsy vanilla amber that invites compliments everywhere I go! I've repurchased this scent a few times now and I especially love it for fall/winter season! But I hate the price:( $50 for 1 fl oz. is crazy! However, the staying power and "throw" of Brit is better than any other fragrance I've tried(everything from drugstore to high end)! It lasts 10 hours and I can still smell the gourmand notes lingering on my skin at the end of the day. Love! I recommend to anyone that likes woodsy or vanilla perfumes.

on 12/17/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

On a scale of 1-10 of how often I wear perfumes, I'm like a 1. I really don't wear a lot of it because most scents bother me or give me allergic reactions, plus I know a lot of people are sensitive to scents so I sometimes feel uncomfortable wearing perfume in public. This fragrance, along with Burberry Classic are my two HG perfumes because I feel like they are light enough and not very offensive smelling. I'm not sure why these don't bother me but I feel very comfortable wearing this in public.. All the Burberry scents I've smelled are not in-your-face at all, and not stuffy. Give this a try if you're usually sensitive and want to wear perfume! It's also good to note that my bottle is pushing 4 or 5 years and it has stayed fresh and not gone bad on me..

on 12/3/2012 12:16:00 PM

I'm on my sixth or seventh bottle of this, it is my absolute favorite fragrance. I've tried a few times to branch out and try something new, but this is the best. Nothing meshes with my natural smell better than this. It goes through three distinct phases and by the end of the day it is warm vanilla deliciousness. It is best in the winter filtering out through layers of warm clothes. This is my HG fragrance for sure.

on 11/19/2012 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this after smelling it in the shops and thinking it was quite nice. I don't know how it must have deceived me in between trying it there and then eventually buying it, but alas...

This is a hugely musky perfume - I'm really not a fan of musk. The linger of it is just way too sweet for me, I think? It's far too heavy to be wearing during the daytime but I'd still wear it out at night if I was feeling adventurous. But honestly it's just not the scent for me, I don't think I'll be buying it again.

on 11/17/2012 2:06:00 AM

My friend has this perfume and it smells great on her. however, when i spray it, i can really detect a citrusy smell which i really dislike, the dry down of this scent is a lot nicer. It smells good on my friend but it gets a bit cloying when i spray it on myself and the overly sweet almond just gives me a headache. i wish it smells as good on me as it does on others. maybe it just doesnt work with my skin chemistry.

on 11/13/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I totally agree with the girl Below Me. When you 1st spray it, You get a strong Lime scent! Which i don't really care for, But after that passes the Amber & Sandalwood kick in, Which is my fav part! Bc that is the Note i most like & the note that stats on you. After sniffing my arm, I do have to agree that it kinda does smell like Viva La Juicy, Maybe its the Amber. Anyways I LOVE this fragrance <3 will be using alot during the Winter!