October 25, 2014 | 1400 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok! I am going to say I love this product. I do not use it all the time. I am a foundation junkie- so I like to switch around. I use the BeautyBlender sponge to apply mine and it always looks so natural. Never heavy. The concealer is great. I wish it was sold seperately. I love the colors this foundation comes in also. I have pink cheeks and some yellow in my skin. I use Peche for summer and it matches perfectly. This will always be in my makeup case.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by twirls

This is a foundation for people who love the flawless, airbrushed look that foundation gives you. If you want sheer coverage, look elsewhere. Itís quite thick and rich so if you have sensitive, oily skin, save your money. I happen to love this product, despite of its outrageous price ($AUD280 at David Jones). I dot the foundation over my face with the wand and then spread it out with either my fingers or the sponge applicator that comes with it. It gives me a lovely flawless finish that lasts the day (and well into the night). Itís quite highly pigmented so that you can get nice medium coverage with only a small amount foundation and then build from there. It look me a while to realise that less is more with this foundation, and you really donít need a lot to get great coverage. Perhaps Iím just fortunate, but even with combination skin I havenít had any breakouts caused by my foundation. Thereís a compact with concealer in the lid as well. I love the concealer, but wish they would sell the items separately since Iíve been using it for nearly 6 months and am not even half-way through the product. I will definitely re-purchase, but over the internet since itís way too expensive otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jomdaly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on the fence on this one. I like it and then I don't. I have used it perhaps 6 times and also let my daughter try it a couple of times. She thought it was too heavy and I did not think it covered enough. It does not have enough sunscreen and it does not work well with my summer sunscreen, so I may wait until fall to try it again. It is highly pigmented and you should need little to do your face. But, I find I keep having to add more to make it blend well and the concealer is so-so. I must have been insane to pay this much money for something I was not in love with right away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by socalsuperstar

This product is a mediocre waste of money. I went into Saks awhile ago in order to hopefully replace my Cle De Peau foundation. At $100.00 a bottle the Cle De Peau was a total splurge but worth it because of the results it produced. The SA pulled me aside and put La Prarie on me. Im not afraid to try new products so I figured it would be fine. I liked the look a lot....in the store. By time I got home I looked at my face in natural light and I have to say it looked so heavy I looked like a dang drag queen. Yes the Cle De Peau creme foundation is what I had been using previously and the La Prarie make the creme foundation look like tinted moisturizer. I went out with my male friend later that night and he told me that my makeup made me look a lot older. When I got home I noticed it was not only heavy but greasy. My skin is normal to dry so this was surprising. Now because I don't believe in returning products I kept the ridiculously expensive two hundred dollar foundation. I gave it a two rating instead of one because the concealer works very well and I find myself reaching for it often even though the foundation rarely gets touched. When I was going through some hormonal acne I did reach for this foundation and it did cover well. I would consider reaching for this product again when I am 67 and not 27. Now I have just been spending more money on skin care products and La Mer tinted moisturizer. Nothing compares to having naturally beautiful skin and not a mask. If you have bad skin and can afford this foundation, see a dang dermatologist.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would have given it a 5, but it is sooooo expensive. It covers beautifully, and makes me look radiant. I get so many compliments when I wear this foundation. It glides on beautifully n feels cool on the skin. It doesn't feel heavy. I just freakin luv it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by cg3070

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, even though the price makes me cry! It gives excellent coverage, and on me seems to be slightly dewy. The staying power is excellent, and with Colorescience line tamer is practically budge proof. I am abivalent about the concelear, although I think it is a great idea, but I have barely touched it. I am a foundation floozy and rarely finish one bottle before moving on to the next, but with this one I use it every day and have repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

My face is reacting terribly to this foundation, even if I use twice weekly only.

EDIT: Anything on top of LP Extraits of Skin Caviar looks fav including this foundation. So if you do not have any breakouts from using this, I highly recommend upping your satisfaction level by using the Extraits under.

EDIT 2: After 8 months and since my skin is behaving quite well lately, I use this fdn again on top of LP Extraits of Caviar. This primer enables me to apply this stuff like a tinted moisturizer. And again I am reminded how really beautiful this stuff is. Spreads like butter, feels creamy and looks really amazing. With light hand, it becomes my second skin. Layered, it perfects my skin. The concealer is the exact shade of the fdn. If you use a good primer that is slippery, you can achieve a very natural look and with the concealer, no flaw is in sight. This is my favorite application. I really love my skin when I wear it. Phenomenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Maria_98074

I bought this foundation based on great reviews by other MUA users. To be honest I was scared it will clog my pores so I was using it carefully watching every pore reaction. :) No, it does not clog my pores or irritate my sensitive skin BUT this foundation is very thick. Even if I use a tiny bit I still can see it, my face looks great but made up. So I only use this foundation when I go out. The good thing is it lasts forever, no wonder it's expansive. I've been using it for 3 months and mostly concealer under my eyes but it's still almost full!
I like the brush that comes with the product, very convenient.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by prettylove

I feel this product performs so normally nothing special, nothing worse. It won't make ur skin dry. it make ur skin naturally glow and last whole day. Perhaps I don't have many problems about my skin so I cannot feel its special function as its expensive price. It has little coverage. I have porcelain and the concealer is too pale compared to the foundation. I could not use it. I gave it to my friends at the end

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by minidr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read all the reviews on the product prior to actually buying it, and I finally decided to get it bc I found out that my friend uses the same foundation and she always look like she has perfect skin. Prior to this, I used Bare Escentuals Mineral foundation. The first time I used La Priarie foudation, I was unhappy because I expected it to be better since it was so expensive! The coverage is too light, it doens't even out the skintone that much, even though I used concealer on red spots and undereye darkness. I felt that the Bare Minerals gave a more "photoshopped" look. However, one major plus of La Prairie foundation is that it stays on my face- I'm a medical professional so I wear masks the whole day, on and off, on and off. When I wear bare minerals, most of the minerals end up on my mask. When I wear La Prairie, the foundation stays on my face, not on my mask. It does last most of the day, but I retouch with La Prairie's cellular powder foundation- which gives a beautiful matte finish. In the end, I grew to really like La Prairie cavier foundation, I guess if it was a heavier coverage, it would look too unnatural anyways. I'm happy with it and I"ll buy it again. Another thing, I was so afraid that it would cause me to break-out.. LUckily I've been using it for over a week and so far no problems... but I wash my face really well anyways at the end of the day. I use Proactiv 3-step system so it cleans my face really well and prevents breakouts. The shade I'm using is Beige- I'm fair-skinned Chinese. The shade matches me perfectly. My sister is a bit more pale than me and she uses soft beige. For the cellular powder foundation, I use Ivoirie, which is the lightest shade they have.

Update: 12/08: I basically stopped wearing this after using it for a few months- yup, started getting more whiteheads and stuff! It broke out my face. Went back to using bare minerals foundation powder. :)
My whole jar of expensive la prairie is sitting in my drawer. :(