Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 2/25/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What I wanted MAC Creme Up to be. This is perfect for me im NC25 with fair skin and dark blonde hair. Pinky nude with no shimmer or any weird browntones. This is like if MAC Modesty & Creme Cup had a baby~

Wore great for hours! No creasing or line smudging and I put it on without lip liner and no running! Amazing shade for 4.00

on 2/16/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Shade description: light pink

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- drying

Comments: Love this. To my understanding this shade still exists, but was reformulated and is not the mauve pink it once was. Honestly, the new version is great. It reminds me a little of L'Oreal's "fairest nude", but less nude. It looks more beige pink in the tube, but translates into a very pretty pink on my lips. Rimmel has some very pretty soft pinks if you're into that.

Will repurchase.

on 1/21/2013 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I had to buy this from amazon, because they don't stock it in stores in Austin, but it was absolutely worth the extra shipping. This is probably the most flattering everyday lipstick I've ever used, and the texture is like much more expensive brands. Definitely a keeper.

(I'm a redhaired PPP.)

on 1/21/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this off Amazon for 3 from Faith Cosmetics what a bargain :) I bought this as I was looking for a dupe for my Mac Creme Cup and In some lighting it does look very very similar this has a lovely creamy feel on the lips with a slight golden undertone to it, it's perfect for everyday lipstick I love the smell of this lipstick but some have said it smells cheap but I don't mind the smell at all I'm really gutted they don't sell this shade here In the UK so I guess my new bestie amazon will do jus fine :)

on 1/11/2013 2:08:00 AM

My favorite nude lipstick, but still not HG. The color is perfect, but I find the lipstick itself to be a tad drying. I have reasonable expectations in terms of staying power, so no complaints here.

If a MU company would create a lipstick that has the exact same color, but a bit more shine, be very moisturizing, and completely immune to drinking and eating throughout the day, I'd pay a hundred bucks for it. Nice to dream, huh? ;-)

For now, I'll stick to Airy Fairy.

Airy Fairy is such a pretty lip color, very feminine and girly. It's not too dark, and not too light...it's a nice, soft pink with some flecks of shimmer, I detect. I actually own two tubes myself and would buy again!

on 12/31/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Okay. This is a gorgeous color, and comes in a sleek looking tube. When applied to the lips without lip balm, it is drying. So apply lip balm if you don't want the lipstick to cling to the dry parts and emphasize them. Besides that, it's such a pretty, wearable color! It's a pink-nude and I think it's suitable for all skin tones. I hope rimmel never discontinues this! Beautiful!

on 12/25/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was trolling through Ulta the other day while on the hunt for a new concealer. My old one is unfortunately too dark for me now...
I was in the Rimmel section because I saw that their Lasting Finish lipsticks were on sale for four dollars instead of five, and wanted to check out their selection. This color (along with pink blush, which I think I'll go back to pick up) immediately caught my eye, so I swatched it on my hand and saw that it was a gorgeous nude pink that I knew would flatter my fair skin. I ended up getting this, along with a concealer and a lip gloss from Exuviance and Maybelline. When I got back, I stuck this in my makeup bag. This morning, I wanted a really easy makeup look since it's Christmas, and I knew I'd stay in my pajamas all day. I used this on my lips, and instantly knew I needed to review it. I love it! The color is lighter than my lips (natrually, my lips are an almost coral color), so I was worried I would look washed out with this on. It actually compliments my skintone really well! The pink is less prominent than the nude in this color, but it's definitely not a full on nude lipstick, which I'm relieved about. It's very creamy and not drying, and it looks really good with the NYX lipgloss with mega shine in Nude Peach, which I got in my stocking and am wearing with it now. This lipstick is perfect for a low fuss day at the beach or for a nice dinner out, which I can't say about anything else in my collection of lip products, and I'ma HUGE lip product junkie. I am so excited to have finally stumbled upon the perfect nude for me, and am even happier that it's inexpensive.

on 12/21/2012 10:08:00 PM

I do like this lipstick but I do not love it. I like the color quite a bit but I prefer lipsticks that have a more shimmery finish. Also, it's a bit drying. But I do like the color. I kind of like the smell too, its like a weird strawberry or something, who knows?

on 12/21/2012 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very washed out looking with no staying power compared to Wet and Wild or other brands. Perhaps they cheapened formula??

Popular Lipsticks