October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mlyork

Ok well, I'm on my 2nd tube. And I'm not one to splurge on products, but this stuff is it. For the reviews that said it clogged their pores, I think they need to remember that exfoliating prior is KEY. I never understand when people say they take their makeup off with a "gentle cleanser". How is it coming out of your pores? Anyway, at the end of the day, I generally take makeup off with dove, but actually UNCLOG MY PORES with Apricot scrub. I was told by an aesthetician that sometimes a 2-part process is necessary (for those with large pores). After that, I wipe my face with a gentle Sea Breeze astringent. Finally, ONE PUMP of the Total Turnaround renewer will cover my entire face and the bottle has lasts me about 3 months. When I wakeup in the morning........................VELVET. I'm telling you.

It's all about prep, it's just a necessary evil. You can't just slap this on after doing a lame job of washing your face. This is probably one of Clinique's best products, unfortuantely it is pricey. HOWEVER, every other season they offer the Turnaround gift set which gives you this, the mask, and something else, i forget, BUT for only like $50, for ALL THREE.

The point is, I only allow myself to invest in one high-end beauty product a month and this is it.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by csforester

Got a GWP and decided to try this out. At first I loved it and really thought it was making my skin look much more refreshed and nice. However, after I bought a full size and began using it full time, I felt like it lost its effect on me. Will not repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 4:14:00 AM More reviews by vojnik

I am reviewing Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer for oilier skins which comes in a 50ml blue bottle with a pump. This product does nothing but clogg pores and causes pimples. I cannot understand why Clinique is even selling this- unless perhaps to get potential buyers for their 3 step cleaning system No 4 and other acne treatment products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Chris00Ito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ingredients:
Water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, polysilicone-11, acetyl glucosamine, peg-10 dimethicone, salicylic acid, saccharomyces lysate extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, castanea sativa (chestnut) seed extract, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, laminaria saccharina extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, yeast extract (faex), caffeine, adenosine phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, salvia sclarea (clary) extract, creatine, glycyrrhetinic acid, pantethine, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, hydrolyzed corn starch, squalane, glyceryl stearate, cocamidopropyl dimethylamine, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium citrate, hexylene glycol, butylene glycol, di-c12-18 alkyl dimonium chloride, polysorbate 80, caprylyl glycol, polysorbate 20, isohexadecane, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499).

13 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I really like the feel of this so far. It seems to deliver a lot of moisture and it feels very velvety smooth on, kind of reminds me of Estee Lauder's Idealist skin smoother. Seems to make my face look radiant and refreshed in just one application. I will have to update soon to see how this fares over the long haul, but so far so good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a lightweight serum gel that is in a silicone base. Contains a host of antioxidant, anti-aging ingredients including acetyl glucosamine ( lighten hyperpigmentation), saccharomyces lysate extract ( to oxygenate skin), wheat germ oil, rice bran extract, squalane, hyaluronic acid, vitamin e and other herbal extracts. Also contains salicylic acid to exfoliate skin. Paraben free. I cannot use this on my face because the silicones caused my skin to break out on my very oily forehead. I am finishing it up and my neck and hands. If you are acne prone, try a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by bloodshot

Love love love this, its simply a gorgeous treat for your skin. I use it every other day, and its feels wonderful to put on. I've been using if for over a year, and have seen a marked improvement in the quality, tone and texture of my skin. I love the pump dispenser, very hygenic and you can easily control how much is dispensed. Not cheap, but not overproced. Very pleased with the product.
n.b this is a concentate of the older product, so you're paying the same amount but for half the quantity. However its much stronger now as its a concentrate, and isn't designed for daily use, so it IS cost effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK so I keep trying to stray and then find myself coming back to this product! I absolutely HATE the packaging, I mean come on this is 2007, we don't dip our fingers in pots anymore! Thank goodness I got rid of my acrylics otherwise I would be tempted to stray again! The most recent even that brought me crawling back was a horrible bout with a drug store "skin renewal" product. I have very rarely broken out from a product, my hormones are usually the culprit, but Whoa! This stuff tore me up! Not only was my chin breaking out, but I was spotted with sandpaper like patches! So I was searching for a remedy in my cabinet and came across a sample I received from my most recent Clinique makeup purchase. Can I tell you that within two days I saw dramatic relief. My skin smoothed out and my blemishes healed quickly. So now I am back on the Turnaround Train. The problem now is that i can't stop touching my face. Even my hormonal breakouts are less severe since I've been using this product. So thank you Total Turnaround, I have hopefully learned my lesson for the last time, now can we just work on getting this in a pump version?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 2:23:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. Generally I hate clinique skincare products. They really wreak havoc on my skin and make me breakout. I remember when I used the facial soap my skin felt like leather. However this is one product that really evens my skin out, minimizes pores, and banishes breakouts. It makes my skin feel silky smooth, and takes away the oiliness. I even am liking it better than my Lancome serums which is really saying something since Im a big Lancome fanatic and my nightstand looks like a Lancome laboratory. I lam really loving this as a night time serum to keep my skin clear and glowing. For reference I have combination/oily skin which is SUPER DUPER oily in the t zone, fair yellow-and-pink skin (cool AND warm figure that one out) and brown hair and eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I generally LOVE Clinique skin care products. Having said that, tough, this did nothing for me at all. Nothing BAD, luckily, but I truly saw no positive results at all. I bought this as part of a set, but after 4 weeks I've seen no difference at all. I would not repurchase.