April 17, 2014 | 1901 users online

Treatments - Clinique - Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why this product has such a high rating.

I hate, hate, hate it! I've received numerous samples in small tubes and have given it a try so many times over the past couple of years - and each time I use it, it's the same story. My skin becomes dry and crusty, and I have red marks left on my skin for several weeks thereafter. It does absolutely nothing to "renew" ones skin; and basically serves no purpose at all apart from destroying my own face. I can't believe the cost of this product is so high - I wouldn't take it if somebody paid me to!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kat2703

I've used this on & off for 2 years or so. I love the feel of this product & the light/lack of fragrance, but for me the results just dont warrant the price. My skin is moisturized after using it, but as for smoother texture & smaller pores, etc, not so much. The ingredients (hyaluronic adic esp) are great for moisture, but I don't think theres enough BHA in here to exfoliate too much. the packaging isn't great either - I feel so unsanitary sticking my fingers into pots. Overall not a bad product at all just lackluster & not worth the $$$ IME.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for a week maybe a week and a half and maybe I'm one of the very few who just dont like it. After use my skin would still flake up and feel dry, and after I would put on my moisturizer and touch my face these random dry flakies would appear and I would have to apply more moisturizer over that. Something I was using was over drying out my skin. And the thing I thought was odd, was that I exfoliate in the shower at least 3 times a week, if not everyday. (I have a pair of facial exfoliating gloves that I use with my creme cleanser, I dont use a separate scrub..so having dry skin shouldnt havent been a problem) So I'm not sure wtf is going on with all these products. All I know is I didnt like it and returned it. Hope you ladies have better luck that I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mlyork

Ok well, I'm on my 2nd tube. And I'm not one to splurge on products, but this stuff is it. For the reviews that said it clogged their pores, I think they need to remember that exfoliating prior is KEY. I never understand when people say they take their makeup off with a "gentle cleanser". How is it coming out of your pores? Anyway, at the end of the day, I generally take makeup off with dove, but actually UNCLOG MY PORES with Apricot scrub. I was told by an aesthetician that sometimes a 2-part process is necessary (for those with large pores). After that, I wipe my face with a gentle Sea Breeze astringent. Finally, ONE PUMP of the Total Turnaround renewer will cover my entire face and the bottle has lasts me about 3 months. When I wakeup in the morning........................VELVET. I'm telling you.

It's all about prep, it's just a necessary evil. You can't just slap this on after doing a lame job of washing your face. This is probably one of Clinique's best products, unfortuantely it is pricey. HOWEVER, every other season they offer the Turnaround gift set which gives you this, the mask, and something else, i forget, BUT for only like $50, for ALL THREE.

The point is, I only allow myself to invest in one high-end beauty product a month and this is it.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by csforester

Got a GWP and decided to try this out. At first I loved it and really thought it was making my skin look much more refreshed and nice. However, after I bought a full size and began using it full time, I felt like it lost its effect on me. Will not repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 4:14:00 AM More reviews by vojnik

I am reviewing Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer for oilier skins which comes in a 50ml blue bottle with a pump. This product does nothing but clogg pores and causes pimples. I cannot understand why Clinique is even selling this- unless perhaps to get potential buyers for their 3 step cleaning system No 4 and other acne treatment products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Chris00Ito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ingredients:
Water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, polysilicone-11, acetyl glucosamine, peg-10 dimethicone, salicylic acid, saccharomyces lysate extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, acrylamide/sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate copolymer, castanea sativa (chestnut) seed extract, cholesterol, tocopheryl acetate, laminaria saccharina extract, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract, yeast extract (faex), caffeine, adenosine phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, salvia sclarea (clary) extract, creatine, glycyrrhetinic acid, pantethine, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, hydrolyzed corn starch, squalane, glyceryl stearate, cocamidopropyl dimethylamine, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium citrate, hexylene glycol, butylene glycol, di-c12-18 alkyl dimonium chloride, polysorbate 80, caprylyl glycol, polysorbate 20, isohexadecane, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499).

13 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I really like the feel of this so far. It seems to deliver a lot of moisture and it feels very velvety smooth on, kind of reminds me of Estee Lauder's Idealist skin smoother. Seems to make my face look radiant and refreshed in just one application. I will have to update soon to see how this fares over the long haul, but so far so good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a lightweight serum gel that is in a silicone base. Contains a host of antioxidant, anti-aging ingredients including acetyl glucosamine ( lighten hyperpigmentation), saccharomyces lysate extract ( to oxygenate skin), wheat germ oil, rice bran extract, squalane, hyaluronic acid, vitamin e and other herbal extracts. Also contains salicylic acid to exfoliate skin. Paraben free. I cannot use this on my face because the silicones caused my skin to break out on my very oily forehead. I am finishing it up and my neck and hands. If you are acne prone, try a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 10:52:00 AM More reviews by bloodshot

Love love love this, its simply a gorgeous treat for your skin. I use it every other day, and its feels wonderful to put on. I've been using if for over a year, and have seen a marked improvement in the quality, tone and texture of my skin. I love the pump dispenser, very hygenic and you can easily control how much is dispensed. Not cheap, but not overproced. Very pleased with the product.
n.b this is a concentate of the older product, so you're paying the same amount but for half the quantity. However its much stronger now as its a concentrate, and isn't designed for daily use, so it IS cost effective.