August 1, 2014 | 1956 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Vida2112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!this is the perfect pin up classic red. I love it so much I got a tattoo of the tube and my red lips next to it on my right arm!I will spend $15 anyday for this perfect lip colour. I just don't like how it gets flaky after wearing it for awhile, but its still the best ever. love love LOVE!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love red lipstick, its my favorite color to wear. I have Russian Red (best red ever!), MAC Red, and Viva Glam 1, and the only thing that ever stopped me from getting Ruby Woo was the Retro Matte finish on top of my naturally dry lips. However, I thought that since its such a popular lipstick, even people with dry lips must think its worth having, so I gave it a shot. It's extremely hard to put on with a brush, so I applied it straight from the bullet. It's a beautiful, bright, blue-red color, and I really like MAC's matte lipsticks, but I just couldn't take the Retro Matte, it was sooo much drier. After wearing it for a whole day my lips were so parched I couldn't wear anything but lip balm the next day. I ended up returning it. Also, why I had it for that day I realized it looked almost exactly the same color as Cherry lip pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Tinker26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Ruby Woo is Amazing!
I wear it as an everyday look without liner or gloss.
The lip stick is bright and fun! The more you put on the brighter it gets. It doesn't run off the lip and you can kiss, drink and eat it will stay on prefect.

The only down side is of your wanting to do about touch up the lipstick kind of crumbles on your lip. Do i recommend a light swipe of chapstick before applying and that well avoid it from doing that.

It's a long wear proven 24hr lip color ♡♥♡♥

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Qwertysa

This was the first mac lipstick i got since the lady suggested it, and overall its one of the best red lipsticks i've worn since! The packaging is good like any other mac lipsticks. I am on my second tube of ruby woo and i love it! 5/5. Its a really great matte red with a blue undertone :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Beautiful shade of red! Omg I tried Russian red years ago and it felt too creamy for a matte. I remember one time when I when I turned 21 and went out for for drinks, I had a few too many and went to to the ladies room to freshen up. To my horror the lipstick had smeared all around my lips and I looked a hot mess, oh gosh! Now going forward years later I've decided to give Mac another try since i received a gift card for a Christmas present from my mom. The sales lady Christine showed me ruby woo and Omg instantly fell in love and took it home to try on. Love it! This red is a little brighter than what I'm used to but still makes me feel sexy and it also makes my teeth look whiter. I hope it can can survive a night out on the town we shall see this weekend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by LexMarie1991

I love MAC lipsticks, but Ruby Woo is my favorite. I originally purchased it as a teen because Robert Smith swore by it and fell madly in love with it. This is my most used lipstick. I've repurchased it and will continue to do so. It is incredibly matte and stays on through eating and drinking without budging. It is also very easy to apply and shape on the lips, (though for some of you who may need that extra help, pair it with MAC's Cherry lip liner). Since it is so matte, it does tug at the lips during application a bit and it is not moisturizing, but I don't really mind either of these issues (considering I typically never have dry lips) especially because this enhances the lasting power. The shade of red is very vibrant without being too bright or too deep. It's a gorgeous shade and I always get compliments when I wear it. The price is very acceptable as well for both the quality of both the lipstick and the packaging and the amount of product you get in each tube. (Since these are not as creamy, they tend to last longer than any other MAC lipstick finish.) Overall, I love Ruby Woo and it has definitely been a signature lipstick of mine for several years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I will start by saying that I love the color. As many have stated, it seems to be a universally flattering shade of red. However, while because of the formula it lasts forever, it's incredibly dry. It's the driest lip product I think I've ever tried. (outside of the "Outlast" type formulas which when dried feel like cement to me) This is a great thing because of the staying power but since I have very lined (and usually dry) lips, it doesn't look too great. I have to make sure my lips are SUPER exfoliated and moisturized before I even dare to wear this. (which isn't often)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I heart ruby woo. It took me a while to get this, as the MUA at MAC suggested Russian red for me, idk why, but I had to see what all the fuss was about and ordered me some ruby woo to arrive on Christmas Eve - yay! It's fabulous. I LOVE the matte finish. It's almost like a gigantic red lip pencil which means.... It lasts forEVER! Which I love in a lipstick. I have well moisturized lips (thanks PTR unwrinkle lip) so dryness isn't an issue for me but may be for some. Id say compared to Russian red this is a pinker more wearable red; RR is heavy dense less matte and richer. I love em both but I think I've found my new fave. Oh and it's great if you want to wear a glitter type gloss on top because still, it doesn't budge! Best, most flattering MATTE red out there. I do not regret my purchase and would chose RW over RR if I ever run out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by EllieDaniels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only red I have found that suits my skintone!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by LeslieXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's actually scary how drying this is. Beautiful colour but for how drying it is I don't know if it's worth it.