Cover Girl Clean

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil (Clove), Methylparaben, BHT, Iron Oxides, May Contain:, Ultramarines

Since I have an acne history, I'm afraid to put stuff on my face other than pressed powder. I usually use NYC's pressed powder (which is absolutely amazing), but when I ran out, they didn't have any left. Bummer. So I picked up this powder instead. To my taste, it does not gives enough coverage when you use it alone. However, if you do apply foundation and would like to top with a light powder to keep the oilies away, I definitely recommend this to you. My skin is super sensitive, and I've not had a problem with this powder. The compact is really sturdy (which knocks down NYC) and the mirror is really handy for on-the-go touchups. Bottom line is: purchase for topping off foundation.

on 11/4/2009 3:15:00 AM

Overall this is just an okay product, another drugstore pressed powder. The product offers very sheer coverage (to none) and helps mattifying the face. Mine is buff beige (foundation W3 nude beige True Match), so it does a bit in brightening the face as well.
I do not like the smell of this product at all, but many of my friends do. For me it just feels kind of cheap.

I would recommend this product for those on a budget who need a daily shine control and mattifying pressed powder to set your make up and is portable. Also, you should have pretty good skin to make use of this product. Otherwise, you will definitely hate it, especially if you're looking for something that gives medium to full coverage.

Ugh what can I say about this product? It is grainy, offers no coverage, and has a horrible scent that is basically boyfriend repellent. I know mine loathes it.. If you have great skin and just need to tone down some shine, this is OK. Hey for $6 what do you expect?

on 10/8/2009 8:11:00 PM

This is amazing! It evens out my skin tone & makes it look light & fresh. I use this for school, and it lasts almost all day. The little 'puff' it comes with gets dirty easily, though it's no biggie.

on 9/29/2009 2:01:00 AM

i got this becuase i really needed a simple powder to set my foundation as i was going to a job interview the next day

the smell is a bit strange but oh well
this powder is definitely NOT for coverage

i find that it is fine for a setting powder, but would have been so much better if they had more shades

on 9/5/2009 2:02:00 AM

it made me orange.

on 9/2/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This was terrible on me. It turned orange and became cakey. Smells terrible!

on 8/22/2009 2:56:00 AM

I really do not like this at all! It looks cakey and powdery even applied with a powder brush (just like the other CG pressed powders) and I think this even caused me to break out. I think the best drugstore powders come from the brand Physicians Formula or L'Oreal, just don't waste your money on this powder.
:) mo

on 8/5/2009 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is amazing amazing powder! If your looking good coverage in a powder this is NOT for you but... hold on, if your looking to set your foundation or touch up oily areas in your skin this is amazing!

I have a very deep rich skin tone (nw45) and I use soft honey over my studio fix foundation and the look is FLAWLESS! I pray that it never gets discontinued because this is my must have in my purse compact...

Pro
*Great for setting foundation
*Great for touch ups
*sheer to light coverage
*matte finish
*super inexpensive

cons
*does not look good alone
*not for dry skin

on 7/27/2009 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

made my skin look darker than it is and orange, didnt compliment my skin at all, plus it left me with terrible blackheads