July 26, 2014 | 1008 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by 4paws

Like many other reviewers here, this is one lotion I return to over and over again. It is a light cream/lotion consistency (not sure why it's called an oil, really) and absorbs quickly, feels light on the skin but very moisturizing--perfect for all seasons (if you live in a harsh winter climate, it may be too light?). I like that I don't have to spend too much time rubbing it in (unlike some oils---looking at you, Neutrogena!). Personally I like the smell---it is a skin scent, sort of oatmeal and almond meal, and does not feel synthetic. It disappears fairly quickly, so (for me) does not compete with any other scent I may want to wear that day. The only drawback is that it seems a bit harder to find than the other Aveeno lotions.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ky520

This moisturizer is a great basic that I go back to again and again. It's a light oil based lotion that isn't greasy but hydrates well and sinks in quickly. I love the light scent that lingers for a bit. It adds a bit of a sheen to your legs and doesn't irritate my skin. It's doesn't cost very much and lasts for a long time. The only thing is that if you really want to get it all out, you'll have to turn it upside down and unscrew the pump. Not a big deal. I'm always on the look out for reliable, reasonably priced products and this one's definitely on my list.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sodapooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lotions! It is light and non greasy, plus it smells great! Love it that it comes with a pump, and the shape of the bottle is cute. I definitely would repurchase this, it is my fav out of the other lotions from this line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by bren81

Wow!!!! Great find! I usually use body butter or lotion to moisturize but it was getting a bit too heavy as the day got warmer. So I was looking for something lighter but not to skimp on the moisturizing power. This comes in a bottle with a pump which is great, and when you pump once, the product looks more like a runny lotion than oil. But once applied (I use it right after shower when my skin is still damp), it turns into oil, absorbs quickly, leaves my skin silky soft and smells heavenly! (i love coconut/vanilla smell and this smells like coconut!) I love this and the bottle is big for $14(canadian) at shopper's drug mart! Will buy again for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by xt73

Probably on my 5th bottle of this. I stopped counting. I do tend to skip around with lotions a bit, but I keep this in the rotation at all times. I love the way it smells. Kind of like almonds. Also, it isn't waxy at all, and sinks right into my skin. Maybe because it isn't waxy, I have had to reapply if the weather is really dry. So it doesn't always live up to its claim of moisturizing for a full 24 hours. But overall, it feels wonderful and silky to apply and smells great. I like it the best out of all the Aveeno formulations.
Sometimes it can be hard to find, but I will keep buying it as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i, too love this stuff- especially the SMELL...i am a fruitcake when it comes to fragrance ( since i was a toddler!) and cannot tolerate anything on my skin or hair that has, to me, a repulsive or annoying smell. that said, i also like the texture- not watery, thick, or greasy...darn near perfect!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I love this lotion, definitely my favorite from Aveeno (while the Daily Moisturizer is alright... this blows that out of the water). It's not waxy like the other lotions they make, and it has a fragrance that I like, it doesn't leave me greasy at all. It absorbs in really well, leaving me feeling soft and silky. This lotion isn't as thick as the other Aveeno lotions are, it's nice and creamy. It feels like expensive rich lotion. Great for skin that needs natural to medium moisture. I don't think it will last all day on someone with super dry skin. It was $6.47 for 12 oz. I'll repurchase when I run out.

UPDATE (10/14): This has become a HG for me!! My skin is so soft and smooth thanks to this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sarahhj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product, it is moisturizing, sweet smelling and lightweight. I won't repurchase because it is $$$ for the small quantity.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by CharmeC

First of all, I love the vanilla scent! It reminds me of delicious cookies and is not overpowering. The texture is creamy like the name and absorbs very well. It doesn't contain shea butter or cocoa butter or mineral oil like lots of body moisturizers, so it's safe for my face too! I actually use this to remove makeup often, it's even good for removing waterproof eye-makeup since it's not irritating at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by richaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't hold a candle to my beloved Gold Bond Ultimate Skin Softening! This is a very light, thin feeling lotion. Also has a light scent - not too overpowering, but I still couldn't get used to it. Overall not too bad, but not too great either.