Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil

4.3

Water, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Di PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Oat), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am loving this lotion! I find it affordable ($8cdn) compared to my Sympathy for the Skin from LUSH at $25cdn. I like the light honey milky scent and I love that it isn't greasy! The second ingredient (after water) is sesame oil which is a fantastic oil for the skin. Its a runny lotion that absorbs very quickly. I will totally repurchase!

My skin is very dry and this product does not do anything. It is like applying water: after 5 minutes my skin is still dry. I would finish the product as it is not cheap, but I do not agree with the manufacturer's claim that this moisturises like an oil. For dry skin this does not moisturise at all.

PROS: Love the honey almondey scent. Doesn't leave you gunky or clammy.

CONS: Wish it was just a tad more moisturizing. Don't expect oil at all. This is not even as moisturizing as some lotions I've tried.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this oil/lotion!! Okay so upon hitting the end of my twenties, I have dry body skin (of course my face is still oily as ever). But I thought something was wrong with me! I never really used lotion much at all in my life and all of a sudden I had mad razor bumps even when I used a fresh razor blade. So I upgraded my razor to the fancy 5-razor razor, and still I was covered in razor bumps. Just as I was about to sink 30 bucks into an after shaving soothing tonic, I had an epiphany: try some thick lotion! I went to the drugstore and searched for what I thought would be the right stuff: I liked that this was an oil/lotion and that it came in a pump bottle. Well, the appeal didn't stop there!! The price was a little higher, but it is SOOOO worth it!! After a few days of applying this directly after my shower (without completely drying myself off) my skin was back to it's youthful self! Razor bumps were gone, dryness was gone, just nice and smooth and soft. I swear this lotion even makes my shave last longer!! My HG body lotion for sure.

My HG body lotion - keeps my skin perfectly moisturized and I love LOVE the almond scent (even tho it doesn't last long enough for me). Aveeno has a body wash that smells exactly the same and I love it as well. No idea why they call it oil tho....just a nice creamy lotion. It is pretty expensive for daily use but....so worth it.

This is a favorite in my house ~ my DH and I love this lotion/body oil. It's a light and pleasing scent and it absorbs so quickly. It's expensive to use as an everyday lotion, so I buy it on sale, and use it occasionally. My DH likes to use this everyday and it does help his dry skin, during the long, hot desert summers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Like many other reviewers here, this is one lotion I return to over and over again. It is a light cream/lotion consistency (not sure why it's called an oil, really) and absorbs quickly, feels light on the skin but very moisturizing--perfect for all seasons (if you live in a harsh winter climate, it may be too light?). I like that I don't have to spend too much time rubbing it in (unlike some oils---looking at you, Neutrogena!). Personally I like the smell---it is a skin scent, sort of oatmeal and almond meal, and does not feel synthetic. It disappears fairly quickly, so (for me) does not compete with any other scent I may want to wear that day. The only drawback is that it seems a bit harder to find than the other Aveeno lotions.

This moisturizer is a great basic that I go back to again and again. It's a light oil based lotion that isn't greasy but hydrates well and sinks in quickly. I love the light scent that lingers for a bit. It adds a bit of a sheen to your legs and doesn't irritate my skin. It's doesn't cost very much and lasts for a long time. The only thing is that if you really want to get it all out, you'll have to turn it upside down and unscrew the pump. Not a big deal. I'm always on the look out for reliable, reasonably priced products and this one's definitely on my list.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favorite lotions! It is light and non greasy, plus it smells great! Love it that it comes with a pump, and the shape of the bottle is cute. I definitely would repurchase this, it is my fav out of the other lotions from this line.

Wow!!!! Great find! I usually use body butter or lotion to moisturize but it was getting a bit too heavy as the day got warmer. So I was looking for something lighter but not to skimp on the moisturizing power. This comes in a bottle with a pump which is great, and when you pump once, the product looks more like a runny lotion than oil. But once applied (I use it right after shower when my skin is still damp), it turns into oil, absorbs quickly, leaves my skin silky soft and smells heavenly! (i love coconut/vanilla smell and this smells like coconut!) I love this and the bottle is big for $14(canadian) at shopper's drug mart! Will buy again for sure