April 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by JaleR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointing. Flowery, with a modern touch - but nothing in comparison to the great classics like Mitsouko, Shalimar and Chamade. Not unpleasant, but not apt for being a new favourite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty fragrance. I smell honeysuckle when I first apply it. I love it just as it comes out, however, on me, it fades rather quickly into an unremarkable, faded (very) sweetness that is very bland and indistinct. So sorry, because at first spritz it is gorgeous. The bottle is just gorgeous, heavy glass, clean lines and graduated colouring from clear to luminous mauve (EDP). It's almost worth buying for the bottle alone, but this is one I will not repurchase, but will probably finish . . . . eventually.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by UrbanSkies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my absolute favorites! With my chemistry, it opens as a zippy flourish: tart apples, honey, and a little bit of pepper. Then it quickly dries down to an elegant, light, warm, clean, powdery aura. Very feminine. Perfect for daytime/everyday wear because it's demure and well-mannered, light and uplifting. It somehow manages to smell both vintage (1920s oriental mystique) and modern (clean and pleasantly sweet). Doesn't have that chemically -- dare I say "cheap" smelling? -- essence present in many Guerlain fragrances. I'm not usually a fan of their line because most give me a headache or just remind me of status-conscious old ladies.
I adore the bottle, too: thick, heavy amethyst-tinted glass with minimal decoration, just the name printed understatedly toward the bottom. It has great substance and excellent posture. It feels grand to apply it, like Guerlain really invested in the craftsmanship of the entire experience of this fragrance.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

(EDP) I am not terribly keen on very many of the recent launches by the house of Guerlain. L'Instant is no exception. After test-driving it on a handful of occasions, I have recently concluded that L'Instant is *meh* for me, at best. I can't make myself get past the citrus-y edge, and at any stage it doesn't even begin to have that indefinable *something* that makes me want to purchase it and wear it. I will keep my eye open for new Aqua Allegorias, though. No Sale for L'Instant, for me.
ETA: L'Instant comes in either a purplish bottle or a pinkish bottle. The purplish bottle is the EDP and the pinkish bottle is the EDT.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

smells like the well-known-smell of NIVEA créme mixed with baby cologne !!!

i want a fragrance which is special, not a cheap one ...

try benefit maybe baby if you have a rave on L´instant .. the same category but better !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Mandarin, bergamot,magnolia, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris, vanilla, benzoin, musk, amber.....no citrucy honey listed, allthough the combination of scents will lead you into believing that.

This is a romantic floriental whith white flowers and vanilla-musk.
Rich, fullbodied (as with most Guerlain's fragrances), sweet, almost a tad powdery and very feminime it stays true to my skin the whole day without changing.
Longlasting, sparkly and uplifting - not a heavy and dark oriental, and can be worn daytime as well as nightime.

Some might find it overpowering and headache-inducing as it is not an aquatic scent, but most people won't.
It is somewhere up the same alley as Cinema and Amour Amour, imo.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2007 6:15:00 AM More reviews by e_beth

I am not sensitive and usually like strong perfumes, but this gave me a bad headache and I felt really sick using it. Besides that, too much citrus and amber.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

Notes: Citrus, Honey, Magnolia, Inclusion, Crystalline, Amber

I didn't like this the first hour I had it on. I was in the car and wished to god I could wash it off. It's one of those that make me nearly nauseous. It was the sweetness and loudness of the fragrance...and I didn't have much on. It must have been either the Crystalline or the Amber. The notes in this fragrance looked like I'd love it...I adore Honey, magnolia and citrus, but alas, it didn't work. Drydown 6 hours later was more tolerable...definitely softened amber, and what was left of the honey, but I could never tolerate that first blast of sweetness. But then again, I think barn and horse smells bring about all the endorphins I need! I do love Jo Malone's Nectarine and Honey...a very simple and luscious fragrance. One of my most beloved scents, and hands down better than L'Instant. Edited: I've had this juice on my wrists for about 12 hours now...it is more obnoxious than ever...I've just downgraded my review from a 3 to a 1. Would never let this touch my skin again...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by 2390

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sophisticated scent that makes me feel beautiful and happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

Simply divine. When I am wearing this I just smell white flowers (not good on establishing exactly which ones though!) dipped in honey. This is a warm, creamy, sensual fragrance that has great lasting power on me. My favourite Guerlain fragrance!