August 1, 2014 | 1611 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by soksannkhem01

Well I gave this a try again I went to proactiv and man that broke me out I now have scars from it. I always like to try different acne line but so far this was the best for me. OTC didn't do anything for me but try it some people have to use it once a day or have a routine of theirs but I use to have cystic acne no more thanks to Clinique but it can be drying so I use Clinique moisture surge, now if its still dries out your skin try fortifying surge note this is good for acne prone oily skin...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by misstcb

*Update:

Sadly, it stopped working and I am now once again trying to find something that works. :(

Original: I have been using the Acne Solutions Face/Body Bar and the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for almost a week and wow! The breakout on my forehead is virtually gone already! My skin feels nice and smooth. I have combo/oily skin so I only use the lotion once a day instead of two (I use it at night to avoid an oily face during the day) but I use the soap when I wake up and before I go to bed. Finally, something that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by aly110

I used to have pretty bad acne, nothing horrible but it was irritating. I tried Clean&Clear, Bior, Garnier, Clearisil, Avon and a few other brands and they actually made my acne worse. When i finally bought the Clinique Acne Solutions 3-step system i was so relieved. This product saved me skin, literally. It doesn't happen instantaneously, or even within the first month but if you stay committed to it, it WILL work. I've been using it for almost a year and I only have occasional zits. All those people who say it has "harsh chemicals" are probably people with sensitive skin. The smell isn't great but i don't die from it. The acne solutions has alot of other products too, I have the mask, the zapper, the post blemish formula, the concealer and the foundation and i can honestly tell you I won't ever use a different face care system!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by annedn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The chemicals in this line are so harsh, you can just see your face slowly peeling and turning red so that it can "reveal" better skin. If anything avoid this product line if you're looking for mild acne solutions. It's too expensive. After 2.5 weeks of usage, my skin cleared up in some areas of my face but got worse in other places. I broke out and had an allergic reaction.

Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sukitron5000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have always gotten horrible cystic acne on my chin and jaw, and then zits on my cheeks, which were like nothing compared to my chin. I tried this system, being someone with acne and because of the awesome feedback on sephora, who by the way delete negative reviews (I learned this when I posted a video review and then followed with a written review after they took my video down, but that too was taken down). SEPHORA LIES. This stuff RUINED my skin. And in case youre wondering if I used it long enough for it to work properly: yes, two months in fact. After using this, my acne became worse and I began getting awfully painful and humiliating cystic acne all over my cheeks, along with my chin and jaw. I am now a scar face, and still have purple spots from the worst boils, a year and a half later. My skin has never recovered.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mlgibson494

I don't have sensitive skin. I break out, but do not react with itching, burning, redness, etc. Never. I got the kit, with the cleanser, toner, lotion. I used it that night, and the next morning. It dried my skin, and having oily skin, that is hard to do. I shrugged it off. Well, at work I noticed my forehead itching. Then burning. I looked in the morning. Had a rash, huuuge, on my forehead. It toss days to get rid off. I will never use it again. I've had products I don't like, our feel didn't work. But never a product that caused me this much grief.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by TknHeartbyjqm

This skin care system has saved my skin from acne. I started to get acne in the 7th grade, and ever since then I have tried tons of drugstore acne systems. After reading some good AND bad reviews on this product I decided to give it a try. At first I didn't like this product because I didn't see a difference in my skin, other than it was very dry. I ran out of the products after about 2 months, and i was debating whether or not to buy it again because I did not see any results. But from plenty of people, I have been told that if you want an acne system to work, you have to stick to it, and give it time to work. So after getting my second supply of this, I started to see improvement. But i was still getting very dry skin so I decided to cut down the use of some of the products. It says to use the face wash, cleanser, and moisturizer twice a day. But I decided to use the face wash twice a day, and the moisturizer and cleanser once a day. After doing this, I started to see my skin becoming less and less dry. Also, make sure you use a seperate moisturzer because the clinique "moisturizer" in this kit does NOT moisturize, trust me. So while using the Clinique Acne System Kit, i used an aveeno moisturizer, and after time....i saw major improvement. Now I am confident enough to not wear makeup outside of the house! It's such an amazing feeling. Now I live religiously by these products, and I'm glad i do! If you have patience, I DEFINITELY reccommend this product. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by shikap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Clinique's Acne Solutions for two months now. I HATE THIS PRODUCT AND HOW IT HAS RUINED MY FACE! Before this product, I didn't have that much acne. Now, I have cyst acne all over my cheeks and chin. Everyone always ask me "What happened to your face? It wasn't this bad before." The cyst acne left me with horrible acne scars. The acne hurts my face. This didn't prevent acne. It made my acne WORSE! I recommend not to buy it. I felt ripped off because of the high price I paid. I will never buy anything from Clinique again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Monika88

I was initially on the clinique acne solution line and it dried out my skin completely, it felt like it was burning when I put the toner on. I switched to the regular line using the oily skin soap, #3 toner for oily skin and acne solution moisturizer + moisture surge. After about a month my skin had gotten a lot worse, I switched to #2 toner and another month later I've had the worst acne I've ever had in my life, and its so painful. I'm not here to bash clinique as it is a great company, however be careful when you're taking advice from the people working at clinique! Some are solely there to sell their products, the lady looking after me suggested I buy MANY products, continued to switch my routine and wasn't really in it for my best interest. My suggestions are first, for younger customers be careful with #2 toner it has an active ingredient that doesn't suit a lot of people in their late teens/early 20s, second get a second or even third opinion, if used properly I'm sure this product could have worked and third if you don't see any improvement in 2 weeks go back immediately and let them know exactly what's happening so they can help you accordingly. Personally, clinique was a horrible experience, I'll probably never go back but it has worked great for some people, just be caution just when buying any skincare products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by arriette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am quite conflicted about this line. But let me begin at the beginning - sorry about the length.
I added the AS Clarifying Lotion to my regimen this spring. My skin was acting up a bit and the results with the toner were good: polished looking skin, less breakouts. Then summer came around and I thought why not adding the AS Cleansing Foam to my daily routine. I was hesitant about the cleanser, because Clinique's bar soaps break me out terribly. And again: after adding the cleansing foam, my skin improved further. Since it was a pretty humid summer, I liked that the two products balanced (read: dried) my skin. Some time around August, I bought the AS Clearing Moisturizer. The results were nothing shy of a miracle. Within two weeks my skin was impeccable: pores and impurities seemed to disappear and I was left with an enviable complexion - and it stayed that way for two months. The moisturizer bleached my eyebrows, but I didn't care, my skin just looked that great.
Then the breakouts started: cystic acne spots on my cheeks, chin and neck, something that's hasn't happend before. At first I thought my hormones were acting up in a new way and kept using all three products. Long story short: I switched to my former regimen and my skin normalized. But I wasn't convinced yet and switched back and forth three times (I know...) and every time I started using the AS Clearing Moisturizer, the problems returned within two to three days.
I keep using the AS Clarifying Lotion, but the moisturizer clearly isn't for me.