Clinique Acne Solutions Line (all products)

3.0

on 5/1/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this in January after battling cystic acne on my left cheek for 6 months. I have been blessed with acne-free skin all throughout my teens but started breaking out last August. I have to say - this product is strictly okay. It didn't do much for my skin - other than dry it out. Of the entire line the only product I would recommend is the foaming cleanser - though I found it to be too harsh at times.

I've been working on curing acne from the inside out for the last few weeks and so far it's been working well. I've been drinking lots more water, green tea and lemon water - reducing my dairy intake and adding more fruits and veggies to my diet. I've also found cheap, natural alternatives to battling acne and so far so good. Here's what I've been doing:

- Wash my face with an acne cleanser (St. Ives, Neutrogena, Marcelle, etc.) I massage this into my skin for a minute and leave it on for additional 30 seconds before washing it off
- Apply cold water to my face immediately after to close pores
- Use a sea salt in a homemade toner (use a travel size bottle and fill 1/6 of it with sea salt and the other 5/6 water - shake and apply with a cotton ball - I use this twice daily and apply it with a cotton ball.) This has done more wonders for my skin than anything - and it is dirt cheap!! Please note, the first few times you use it, it will sting - which is normal. It won't burn your skin off I promise
- Apply a daytime spf moisturizer in the morning and VITAMIN A cream at night before bed. You can buy this cream from your local pharmacy - a little goes a long way. This cream is to be used at night only as vitamin A increases sun sensitivity.

Also, another trick I've learned is applying ice wrapped in a paper towel/napkin and applying to a pimple I feel is coming for 5 minutes a couple of times a day. If you have sensitive skin, apply for a minute, remove for 30 seconds nad continue.

I hope this helps. I've spend $500-ish on clinique alone and what a waste. Remedies that are more natural have been highly effective for me - though everyone's different, I strongly recommend using Sea Salt. A simple google search will lead you to hundreds of success stories.

Here's a video that really helped me:

on 4/28/2012 4:55:00 PM

I have used this line for about 6 months. In the fist 2 weeks I saw amazing results!. When I started using this line, I had some whiteheads in my forehead, many blackheads in my nose and I used to get cysts at least once a month...only one or two, but that was more than enough, they lasted for weeks and I hated them! I have combination-oily skin and this was the perfect solution for me. No more whiteheads, the blackheads in my nose have diminished considerably, and I haven't had a cyst pimple on the last 3 months...not even one! I do get VERY VERY little pimples (one or two) every month...hormones... anyway, this is how I have been using it

The first 1-2 months
-Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam- Day and night
-Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion- Day and night
-Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free- Night- Only nose and forehead

Once my skin was acne free, I started having dry skin from this products, so, I changed the routine and it has been working great for me. It controls my oil and keeps me free of acne.

The next 4 months
-Witch Hazel lotion- Day, right when I wake up with a cotton pad
-Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam- Day, I wash my face with this one while I'm on the shower.
-Neutrogena oil free moisturizer- Day
-Neutrogena fresh cleanser and makeup remover- Night
-Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion- Night after I washed and removed my makeup.
-Night Moisturizer- before bed

Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free- I actually don't use this one anymore.

I would repurchase again the foam (I just love it), but I'm not sure about the lotion (there are so many companies that do 2% salycilic acid at a much better price) and I would not purchase the moisturizer of this line.

on 4/28/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this with hopes to finish off what was left of my skin problems, which was acne. All I was dealing with was basically a few breakouts on my cheeks from time to time. I used this product for 2 weeks consistently twice a day. This product caused so much damage to my face its ridiculous. My neck and eye area is so dry it looks like i have eczema!! Makeup looks horrible because my complexion is so uneven and dry now. Most reviews say this is for people with extremely oily skin but I think this product is just too strong period. Dont waste your money because if you use this product you'll come out with more problems than you already had!! LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS!!

on 4/19/2012 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I do not have acne but I spaz when I get a simple pimple, so I use Clinque acne kit everyday. I really like it, I would say it does what other acne kits may not do, and has ingrediants that some may not have too.

on 3/24/2012 9:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have some mild-moderate hormonal acne and all of a sudden I started breaking out all the time and more moderate-severe. After a while when it wasn't going away, I looked into acne treatments. The Sephora SA recommended the Clinique Acne Solutions set to me. It came with the cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and spot gel. I also purchased the emergency gel and concealer. I will review each item separately as far as specifics to them, and here I will just talk about my general experiences. The products seemed to work immediately - meaning that they prevented any new break outs from forming. After about 2 weeks, my skin looked great. I kept using the products and repurchased items as a ran out. For the first month it even seemed like it prevented my hormonal acne. However, by the second month of use that came back too. In these first 2 months, if you had asked my my opinion of this skin care set, I would have raved about it. It seemed to work great. But then after that, my acne came back. Slowly became worse and worse and more frequent. I spoke to a Clinique SA about this and she insisted I had to keep using the products and that this is designed to be used for life. After that I decided it was time to quit using the products. I was just drying out and damaging my skin with the acne treatments while they weren't having any sort of effect. I moved on and tried other things which worked to varying degrees. But all in all, this is definitely not meant for or effective on hormonal acne or acne that is anything more than mild. Just like all acne treatments, or cosmetics for that matter, some people have success with it, some don't.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Well I gave this a try again I went to proactiv and man that broke me out I now have scars from it. I always like to try different acne line but so far this was the best for me. OTC didn't do anything for me but try it some people have to use it once a day or have a routine of theirs but I use to have cystic acne no more thanks to Clinique but it can be drying so I use Clinique moisture surge, now if its still dries out your skin try fortifying surge note this is good for acne prone oily skin...

on 3/13/2012 5:13:00 PM

*Update:

Sadly, it stopped working and I am now once again trying to find something that works. :(

Original: I have been using the Acne Solutions Face/Body Bar and the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for almost a week and wow! The breakout on my forehead is virtually gone already! My skin feels nice and smooth. I have combo/oily skin so I only use the lotion once a day instead of two (I use it at night to avoid an oily face during the day) but I use the soap when I wake up and before I go to bed. Finally, something that works!

on 3/5/2012 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to have pretty bad acne, nothing horrible but it was irritating. I tried Clean&Clear, Bior, Garnier, Clearisil, Avon and a few other brands and they actually made my acne worse. When i finally bought the Clinique Acne Solutions 3-step system i was so relieved. This product saved me skin, literally. It doesn't happen instantaneously, or even within the first month but if you stay committed to it, it WILL work. I've been using it for almost a year and I only have occasional zits. All those people who say it has "harsh chemicals" are probably people with sensitive skin. The smell isn't great but i don't die from it. The acne solutions has alot of other products too, I have the mask, the zapper, the post blemish formula, the concealer and the foundation and i can honestly tell you I won't ever use a different face care system!!!

on 2/6/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The chemicals in this line are so harsh, you can just see your face slowly peeling and turning red so that it can "reveal" better skin. If anything avoid this product line if you're looking for mild acne solutions. It's too expensive. After 2.5 weeks of usage, my skin cleared up in some areas of my face but got worse in other places. I broke out and had an allergic reaction.

Never again.

on 1/26/2012 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have always gotten horrible cystic acne on my chin and jaw, and then zits on my cheeks, which were like nothing compared to my chin. I tried this system, being someone with acne and because of the awesome feedback on sephora, who by the way delete negative reviews (I learned this when I posted a video review and then followed with a written review after they took my video down, but that too was taken down). SEPHORA LIES. This stuff RUINED my skin. And in case youre wondering if I used it long enough for it to work properly: yes, two months in fact. After using this, my acne became worse and I began getting awfully painful and humiliating cystic acne all over my cheeks, along with my chin and jaw. I am now a scar face, and still have purple spots from the worst boils, a year and a half later. My skin has never recovered.

Video Reviews & Tutorials