October 1, 2014 | 1849 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not have acne but I spaz when I get a simple pimple, so I use Clinque acne kit everyday. I really like it, I would say it does what other acne kits may not do, and has ingrediants that some may not have too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have some mild-moderate hormonal acne and all of a sudden I started breaking out all the time and more moderate-severe. After a while when it wasn't going away, I looked into acne treatments. The Sephora SA recommended the Clinique Acne Solutions set to me. It came with the cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and spot gel. I also purchased the emergency gel and concealer. I will review each item separately as far as specifics to them, and here I will just talk about my general experiences. The products seemed to work immediately - meaning that they prevented any new break outs from forming. After about 2 weeks, my skin looked great. I kept using the products and repurchased items as a ran out. For the first month it even seemed like it prevented my hormonal acne. However, by the second month of use that came back too. In these first 2 months, if you had asked my my opinion of this skin care set, I would have raved about it. It seemed to work great. But then after that, my acne came back. Slowly became worse and worse and more frequent. I spoke to a Clinique SA about this and she insisted I had to keep using the products and that this is designed to be used for life. After that I decided it was time to quit using the products. I was just drying out and damaging my skin with the acne treatments while they weren't having any sort of effect. I moved on and tried other things which worked to varying degrees. But all in all, this is definitely not meant for or effective on hormonal acne or acne that is anything more than mild. Just like all acne treatments, or cosmetics for that matter, some people have success with it, some don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by soksannkhem01

Well I gave this a try again I went to proactiv and man that broke me out I now have scars from it. I always like to try different acne line but so far this was the best for me. OTC didn't do anything for me but try it some people have to use it once a day or have a routine of theirs but I use to have cystic acne no more thanks to Clinique but it can be drying so I use Clinique moisture surge, now if its still dries out your skin try fortifying surge note this is good for acne prone oily skin...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by misstcb

*Update:

Sadly, it stopped working and I am now once again trying to find something that works. :(

Original: I have been using the Acne Solutions Face/Body Bar and the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for almost a week and wow! The breakout on my forehead is virtually gone already! My skin feels nice and smooth. I have combo/oily skin so I only use the lotion once a day instead of two (I use it at night to avoid an oily face during the day) but I use the soap when I wake up and before I go to bed. Finally, something that works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by aly110

I used to have pretty bad acne, nothing horrible but it was irritating. I tried Clean&Clear, Bior, Garnier, Clearisil, Avon and a few other brands and they actually made my acne worse. When i finally bought the Clinique Acne Solutions 3-step system i was so relieved. This product saved me skin, literally. It doesn't happen instantaneously, or even within the first month but if you stay committed to it, it WILL work. I've been using it for almost a year and I only have occasional zits. All those people who say it has "harsh chemicals" are probably people with sensitive skin. The smell isn't great but i don't die from it. The acne solutions has alot of other products too, I have the mask, the zapper, the post blemish formula, the concealer and the foundation and i can honestly tell you I won't ever use a different face care system!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by annedn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The chemicals in this line are so harsh, you can just see your face slowly peeling and turning red so that it can "reveal" better skin. If anything avoid this product line if you're looking for mild acne solutions. It's too expensive. After 2.5 weeks of usage, my skin cleared up in some areas of my face but got worse in other places. I broke out and had an allergic reaction.

Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sukitron5000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have always gotten horrible cystic acne on my chin and jaw, and then zits on my cheeks, which were like nothing compared to my chin. I tried this system, being someone with acne and because of the awesome feedback on sephora, who by the way delete negative reviews (I learned this when I posted a video review and then followed with a written review after they took my video down, but that too was taken down). SEPHORA LIES. This stuff RUINED my skin. And in case youre wondering if I used it long enough for it to work properly: yes, two months in fact. After using this, my acne became worse and I began getting awfully painful and humiliating cystic acne all over my cheeks, along with my chin and jaw. I am now a scar face, and still have purple spots from the worst boils, a year and a half later. My skin has never recovered.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mlgibson494

I don't have sensitive skin. I break out, but do not react with itching, burning, redness, etc. Never. I got the kit, with the cleanser, toner, lotion. I used it that night, and the next morning. It dried my skin, and having oily skin, that is hard to do. I shrugged it off. Well, at work I noticed my forehead itching. Then burning. I looked in the morning. Had a rash, huuuge, on my forehead. It toss days to get rid off. I will never use it again. I've had products I don't like, our feel didn't work. But never a product that caused me this much grief.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by TknHeartbyjqm

This skin care system has saved my skin from acne. I started to get acne in the 7th grade, and ever since then I have tried tons of drugstore acne systems. After reading some good AND bad reviews on this product I decided to give it a try. At first I didn't like this product because I didn't see a difference in my skin, other than it was very dry. I ran out of the products after about 2 months, and i was debating whether or not to buy it again because I did not see any results. But from plenty of people, I have been told that if you want an acne system to work, you have to stick to it, and give it time to work. So after getting my second supply of this, I started to see improvement. But i was still getting very dry skin so I decided to cut down the use of some of the products. It says to use the face wash, cleanser, and moisturizer twice a day. But I decided to use the face wash twice a day, and the moisturizer and cleanser once a day. After doing this, I started to see my skin becoming less and less dry. Also, make sure you use a seperate moisturzer because the clinique "moisturizer" in this kit does NOT moisturize, trust me. So while using the Clinique Acne System Kit, i used an aveeno moisturizer, and after time....i saw major improvement. Now I am confident enough to not wear makeup outside of the house! It's such an amazing feeling. Now I live religiously by these products, and I'm glad i do! If you have patience, I DEFINITELY reccommend this product. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by shikap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Clinique's Acne Solutions for two months now. I HATE THIS PRODUCT AND HOW IT HAS RUINED MY FACE! Before this product, I didn't have that much acne. Now, I have cyst acne all over my cheeks and chin. Everyone always ask me "What happened to your face? It wasn't this bad before." The cyst acne left me with horrible acne scars. The acne hurts my face. This didn't prevent acne. It made my acne WORSE! I recommend not to buy it. I felt ripped off because of the high price I paid. I will never buy anything from Clinique again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No